BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 23, 2014
Color: Multicolor|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm 5 months old now and it feels like I've been stuck in this precrawling stage for an eternity. There you are lying on your back, staring at the ceiling, and nothing is within reach. You keep yelling at your mom or dad to play with you but all they do is stick a pacifier in your mouth or sing out-of-tune songs with made-up lyrics.

Thankfully, my parents got me a toy that I can actually use.
-The arch curves over my head and hangs toys at a perfect height for me to grab.
-The mirror isn't exactly the most flattering but it gets the job done. BTW, I'm a handsome devil.
-The piano keys are difficult to reach and don't really make much sense to me right now but might be cool later in my life.
-When I roll over, I can see the art on the pad. It's no Picasso, but we can't all be geniuses. The pad is made of quality, thick material which helps prevent my vomit from soaking into the floor. Yeah, I love my mom's breast milk and eat way too much of it until I vomit. So sue me.

There are some negatives:
-The overall durability of the toy is good as long as it is handled gently. Unfortunately, I have a couple older siblings who didn't get the memo. They detach the hanging toys which are only held on by C-clamps. Then they run all over the house and leave the toys everywhere. Once I start to mobilize, I'll be able to retrieve them, but until then, my parents have to pick them up for me all the time. It's probably getting a bit annoying for them.
-The arch is easily detachable from the base. I wish it locked in place so my siblings couldn't run around the house swinging it like they are swashbuckling pirates. Seriously, grow up.

Overall, this is a well-made toy that is great for precrawlers like me. Once I learn to crawl, I probably won't be sticking around much anymore. It's possible I'll take the hanging toys and the detachable piano with me on my adventures. If I'm not too busy, I'll come back and update this review.

UPDATE
Jan 2015 - Happy new year, everybody. I bit my tongue for the first time. Somebody really should have warned me about molars. My, it's a rough world out there!
1313 comments| 746 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2015
E is 5 weeks old right not and she loves this play mat. We love that the music stimulates her. She's always been a kicker, and this gives her something to kick. When she cries sometimes we'll place her on the mat, and when she kicks the music soothes her. Now that she's growing she can start to reach the attached toys. This was one of the best things we invested in.
review image review image review image
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 4, 2017
 We bought this play mat for our 2-month old girl. It is convenient to let her play for a few minutes at a time, and she seems to get the idea that the piano keys play music, so she kicks more than usual when laying on the mat. The piano can be put horizontal, so the baby can still use it once she learns to sit. Overall, it was fun for her, although limited in the amount of interaction than it offers.
review image review image
on January 30, 2017
I had ordered 2 different kinds of activity mats but I was not impressed with this one as much. I did not like the how the arch was secured to the mat and piano feature was not enough to make this my first choice. It mostly plastic which was something that can break if forced. The rattles were removable but I felt they could be pulled down by the child and pull the arch down as well. This is totally subjective review on my part and I'm sure some will disagree.
on July 3, 2016
We got this for our 4 month old when we saw he liked kicking all the time. However, I wish we had gotten it earlier as he is wiser about the gym & has figured everything out within 3 play sessions.

So he doesn't like to play on it for longer than 15min (dinner takes slightly longer to put together ;-) ). He still gets a thrill from seeing himself in the mirror & really likes the rolling rattle toy.

Appreciate that this gym can do both upward & tummy time positions.
on September 13, 2017
This has always been a staple in our home. I had the blue one for my first son, saved it for my second. They absolutely loved this mat, I sold it thinking we were done at 2, Still in perfect condition. I then was pregnant with a little girl and knew I had to get this. She also LOVES it. She wouldn't hang out long on the floor without someone, until this came, now she'll lay and play alone for long stretches. Life saver !
on October 6, 2017
This play gym is the bomb. Perfect for every stage in the first months. Been using since my guy was a newborn and he's 4 months now. He loves it so much. I like to change out the hanging toys so he doesn't get bored. He loves this gym so much more than the $100 one I bought him. Gets their whole body involved in play and also great for tummy time. I'll be getting this for every friend and family member expecting. It's awesome.
on May 28, 2017
I really wanted to get this for my first child, but I couldn't justify the price ($50-$75) for one when she already had a brand-new activity gym and plenty of other toys. With my second one, the price was right ($28.99) so I went for it. My 10 week old AND 22 month old both love to play with it. The 7 month old I watch sometimes also loves this. It's definitely a toy that will last through multiple stages. I'm going to buy another because it's such a hit.
on February 21, 2015
One of my daughter's favorite toys. She loved playing with this, it was perfect for tummy time and she had a blast with the piano and even kicking the toys. My only WARNING -- once your child starts rolling, take the arch down. Of course with constant adult supervision it wouldn't be too much of a worry, but my little one rolled and got stuck with the arch at her neck, she was choking. I was right there so it wasn't an issue, but could have been a bad situation if I wasn't right there next to her. A bit scary. Take the arch down when they learn to roll.
on January 21, 2016
So we got this mat once our baby started kicking around and he seemed to love it !He used it for about 3-4 months and now he seems bored when we put him on it.
We took all the hanging toys and have now moved them to the jumperoo. He likes to play with the mirror standalone so we might get some more mileage out of this toy.
At his daycare he has the skip hop mat and he seems to enjoy that a lot more now.
Maybe its an age thing or maybe just bored with it.
I got it on Amazon on a sale for like $30 something but I wouldn't pay $50.00 for it..I don't think its worth that much ..but overall a pretty solid buy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.