Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 1,972 reviews
on September 9, 2016
Here's the deal with this play mat, it's colorful and attractive to a baby. My 3.5 month old daughter loves it. Everything about it seemed great, I'm talking endless hours of enjoyment for her. However, my daughters hand got completely jammed in one of the spinner toys. Her fingers were turning dark purple and her hand was left with bruises from being squished in the toy. She's going to be fine but it was very scary for myself and the baby. I called fisher price and opted to send the delinquent toy back for a $10 rebate instead of the whole mat for full return price. For me this wasn't about the money but letting them know that these spinners toys are dangerous. I'm giving it one star as a red flag for other parents. FYI I never write reviews especially negative, I'm not just a bored complainer.
review image review image review image review image
on December 28, 2015
I bought this because a few years back a friend had the same one and it was great, cute, and good quality. Well, they must have changed their production standards because the one I got is just awful! It seems that no matter how I try to position the legs they're always skewed a little, the mat never flattens out on the ground because the legs don't spread out enough nor do they hold it in place, and in general it just doesn't stay put. After its been out for a little bit it just has the general look of being in a perpetual state of about to fall over. I'm so disappointed and I hate putting my baby in this thing. For the price this was a huge disappointment. I will add photos when I can get on my laptop to do so.
review image review image review image review image
on November 14, 2015
Ordered one- music and light console shorts out after 10 seconds of music. Have to hit it to turn back on- shorts out again after another 10 seconds. Returned and got sent a replacement- the SAME THING happened with the music and light console. Returned second one as well.
on October 17, 2014
This play mat did not meet our expectations. Straight out if the box, the lights and sound feature was flawed and would only work for about 1.5 minutes before shutting off. We had to tap the unit to get it to continue playing. The toys are very cheaply constructed and upon removing the tags from one, a hole was ripped in the toy. There are butterflies underneath the unit that can be manually spun but are not electronically controlled. In my opinion, this product is definitely with the list price and I definitely would not recommend it.
on December 28, 2016
I really don't know how this item got 4.5 stars. We just purchased this last week and my 6 week old loves it, except the noise/sound and lights keep going out. We put brand new batteries and assembled it correctly, but yet the console has some sort of shortage it seems. I'm going to try to return. But my recommendation for all... DO NOT purchase. Oh and another side note... I've come to realize that Fisher Price items are seriously horrible and not the best quality. I dont understand how this company has been around for this long.
on June 25, 2015
The music would play and then keep turning off, had to keep tapping it to keeep it playing. Not were the toys all that great. For the price I expected a fun play gym. Very disappointed.
on December 9, 2015
I was satisfy with the material of the product and the toys but everything smelled like gasoline. And yes! I've washed five times and the smell finally was gone. But we didn't want to take the chance and have our daughter play on it. Threw out in the trash. And also there was a was burn spot on the giraffe.
on July 27, 2015
poor quality compared to the identical item I purchased 12 months ago... not sure what happened?
on June 5, 2013
I bought this because of the lights and the sounds but when i tried to assemble it, the arches just wouldn't stay put and would fall out of the center lock and would fall on where the baby would be - given that there is a relatively heavy light fixture at the top of the arch, it was pretty scary to have my baby laying below. maybe i got a defective one that didn't quite snap together where the 2 arches connect but even if it did connect, the arches are unstable and unless the play mat is exactly and fully laid out, there is risk that the arches will fall. i discovered this after spending an hour putting it together and snapping the arches together but when i tried to disassemble it to return, i couldn't unsnap the arches (each arch comes in 2 pieces). i ended up just bending each arch and packing in original package and returning. i also have the skip hop play mat and i have to say, it's so much easier - you can just pick up the whole thing where the arches connect and there is no risk that anything is going to come lose of disengage. didn't realize this was such an important and convenient feature until i tried to fisher price one. it's too bad b/c the overhead light show would have been fun for my girls.
on May 16, 2016
The part on the top is supposed to light up and play music but never did so for more than a few minutes at a time.
It completely died after a month or two. Very disappointing.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.