Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,498 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,977 reviews
on September 9, 2016
Here's the deal with this play mat, it's colorful and attractive to a baby. My 3.5 month old daughter loves it. Everything about it seemed great, I'm talking endless hours of enjoyment for her. However, my daughters hand got completely jammed in one of the spinner toys. Her fingers were turning dark purple and her hand was left with bruises from being squished in the toy. She's going to be fine but it was very scary for myself and the baby. I called fisher price and opted to send the delinquent toy back for a $10 rebate instead of the whole mat for full return price. For me this wasn't about the money but letting them know that these spinners toys are dangerous. I'm giving it one star as a red flag for other parents. FYI I never write reviews especially negative, I'm not just a bored complainer.
review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2016
I bought this for my daughter who is about 2 months. I have another daughter is about 1 year and she likes it too though. The one year old hits by it reaches down plays with the toys and likes how the music activates when you touch and shake it just a bit. I draped a lightweight baby blanket over it and it made makeshift little tent that she likes to go inside of 2. My 2 month old loves it and we'll lay on the colorful Matt and stare at the toys and lights but she can't quite reach the toys. It would have been nice if the legs were adjustable so you could change the height but it is not. Once she gets a little bigger she will be able to hit the toys but for now I tap it and the lights and music stimulate her. It's a lot to look at and she likes it. No complaints
on November 9, 2016
I found it to be so nice and useful that I purchased it twice. Seven years apart! In my opinion, its only fault in design is it doesn't quite lock into place when the two arches are swung open. It also doesn't quite fold back together as nicely as I think it should. I do imagine that this is probably a safety feature. So I cannot justify marking down the rating for that.

You can rearrange the toys included. Setup is very easy. The mat is padded and a silky texture. It has nice small features for small hands to fiddle with. Not a sensory revolution, but my son's have both enjoyed the leaf that crinkles. Either by kicking it for the noise or by lifting it to reveal the hidden smiling character underneath.

You'll find that the bottom surface that is the base and floor covering aspect of this play mat is easily removed for cleaning. Here's a tip: Look for the small plastic lips that are made into the bottom of the support poles. You might happen to overlook this small feature while assembling or reassembling. l've found that by keeping these hooked, the mat will stay laid out smoothly and will look nicer if you have all four in place. I think you'll find it a time saver not needing to straighten it out often. Especially, if you opt to leave the pay mat out on the floor between playtimes.

I do advise you to consider putting it on a floor that is carpeted or on top of a rug to provide some additional padding. The mat is slightly padded and is a highly durable and quality material. However, little ones doing tummy time may find it to be a little less than a soft landing. At least in the beginning stages of use. Again, I assume this is a safety feature.

I currently have mine on top of a plush 5'x7' rug. Previously, I had it on top of a larger area rug that had an additional thick wool rug pad underneath. That latter was probably the better of the two options. This time I chose at first to add another layer of softness under the mat and over the rug I'm using. I used a simple set of slightly padded, cotton pillow shams. (They were handy and I was being creative.) I didn't feel the need for their use after a few sessions.

*Just a reminder, you don't want to put your baby on their front for tummy time on a surface that is too soft. They are developing their strength and especially at first a surface that is too soft could pose a suffocation risk. Nonetheless, supervision does wonders for prevention.

I'm confident that this mat will be enjoyed by many other parents in the years to come. If you plan on expanding your family in the future, this is one of the items I recommend keeping in storage for future use.
on April 5, 2017
Thanks for excellent customer service ...😆
My grandson absolutely loves this mat .
It was not the mat pictured but actually newer model ...My grandson loves it !!!
Which makes this grandma very happy .i actually like this mat better ...😊
Thought i would order orignal mat as other grandkids had it and loved it ...and i was familiar with it also ..
After reading other reviews in changes to quality..mat from 7 years ago had satin leaves and a better sound and lights ...fisher price had switched to felt leaves and ..am reading people having problems with lights and sound ....I'm thrilled i got newer mat..everything seems to be of great quality
Highly recommend this seller ...Highly recommend new version of this mat too...
Thanks again for your great service and great product ..
review image
on August 8, 2014
This is a high quality product, I just have a couple nits to pick. This gym is a bit taller than other gyms we've tried (e.g. the Baby Genius ones). Our baby has a hard time reaching up to and interacting with all the toys. I'm a bit surprised the flashing lights don't have an epilepsy warning -- they simulate a slow on and off by flickering -- but I suppose that's safe. And I think they missed an opportunity not motorizing the butterfly mobile - baby would've gotten a kick out of that. Also, even though covered in fabric, the arches are rigid and kind of hard when baby inadvertently kicks them or rolls into them. On the positive side, you get a well made product with a lot of features for a decent price. Our (6 month old) baby loves the crinkly leaf and monkey. I imagine she'll like the lion and elephant when she gets older and has more motor control.
on May 19, 2016
So I've had this for a couple weeks , it's pretty decent and cute for a boy or girl. There is a few things I wish they would improve on.. First off the leaves on top of the toy itself comes out way to easily and becomes a nuisance when your LO is playing around. Secondly it's not very sturdy.. The top that attaches on comes off Quite regularly. Other then that my daughter likes it , lots of cute animals and toys that make her giggle.
review image review image review image review image
on June 23, 2014
I like it, although I guess I didn't get it early enough for him. So he didn't get to do much tummy time on it, but he still likes the music and the toys that hang from it. He liked the mirror so much I take it off and bring it around so he can play with it when he's playing in his car or when he's sitting in his car seat or whatever.

Also, the music stops playing when baby's not playing in it, so when I'm in the kitchen working away, I know when he's moved onto something else, so I can look in to see if he's into any mischief.

But I took a star off because the sound quality that started to fail maybe a month into using it. I think it's back to its normal quality now, but I feel like it might die on me soon. hopefully not, since baby still plays in it from time to time.

Oh yea, now he's into grabbing onto things to pull himself onto his feet, and he would grab onto two of the four support bars to pull himself up. But they're still holding up fine and I'm happy with the quality of it, especially for the price I've paid for it.
I also like that the mat is machine washable.

Just a note, batteries are not included. I forgot about that and had to get them after product arrived.
on November 14, 2015
Ordered one- music and light console shorts out after 10 seconds of music. Have to hit it to turn back on- shorts out again after another 10 seconds. Returned and got sent a replacement- the SAME THING happened with the music and light console. Returned second one as well.
on April 25, 2016
We bought this activity center for our two month old, who is now three months, and have been nothing but pleased. The hanging decorations, which includes two rattles, a spinner, a cute little monkey, and a child safe mirror, can be taken off and rearranged easily. This is super helpful considering how quickly babies get bored with the same old stuff, but even with baby pulling as hard as he can he hasn't been able to pull one down on his face. The cloth mat is bright and soft, and has a crinkly leaf on it that helps keep baby entertained for tummy time too. The mobile in the center doesn't spin on it's own which is a bit disappointing, but overall it doesn't bother baby.It has three settings: songs, nature sounds, and a combination on a loop. Personally I prefer the combination on a loop because it plays for around 20 minutes and keeps little one occupied while I get things done. It takes two AA batteries, one set has lasted us a month with daily use. My little one loves to be held and entertained, and this is a good way to keep him happy when I need to do things I can't while holding/wearing him.
on June 7, 2011
With my first son I had a three in one entertainment system. It started as a gym, then became an exersaucer, then became a long thing a toddler could walk along. I did not like it. The gym would not stay up, The exersaucer would come apart. With my new son (now 2 months old) I decided to get something made for each stage. After looking at the various gyms I decided on this one because of the lights and sound show. My son enjoys the lights show. I try to move the butterflies around each time so he ends up with a different view. There are lots of loops to hang toys along the arches and along the edges of the play mat. If the playmat gets soiled it is fairly easy to remove from the arches to wash. The leaf in the corner makes a great crunching sound and my son loves kicking his feet on it to hear it crunch. Other reviews I had read for the product said that it did not fold up for storage, but it does fold up. You can turn the arches so that they are next to each other and then slide the whole thing behind a door or other piece of furniture.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.