Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on September 9, 2016
Here's the deal with this play mat, it's colorful and attractive to a baby. My 3.5 month old daughter loves it. Everything about it seemed great, I'm talking endless hours of enjoyment for her. However, my daughters hand got completely jammed in one of the spinner toys. Her fingers were turning dark purple and her hand was left with bruises from being squished in the toy. She's going to be fine but it was very scary for myself and the baby. I called fisher price and opted to send the delinquent toy back for a $10 rebate instead of the whole mat for full return price. For me this wasn't about the money but letting them know that these spinners toys are dangerous. I'm giving it one star as a red flag for other parents. FYI I never write reviews especially negative, I'm not just a bored complainer.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 25, 2016
This gym is great - my baby loved it from about 4-9 months. At 9 months, we decided it was time to retire it. I had saved the clear plastic bag for NINE months just to store it in. However, After several attempts, I realized it wasn't able to be taken apart like it was assembled. Google search = nothing. So I ended up taking it apart myself. See my instructions if you want to do it as well. Hope this helps someone! Some of the pictures are post-taking apart since I wasn't planning on doing a tutorial from the beginning.
(see photo as well)
Tools needed: Flathead & Phillips screwdriver. Patience. Finesse.
1. Open the electronic box by unscrewing all screws on bottom (7 total)
2. Remove the smaller butterfly arch by prying open the white arms in the center using a screwdriver and yanking it out. This is very difficult. It'll take some finesse.
3. Remove the other arch (the one with the giraffe) by unscrewing the white plastic piece on the sides where the arch is hooked into. The arch will still be attached. Just remove the white plastic piece (2 screws) on each side.
4. Next you will need to remove the white plastic piece from the actual arch. I used a flathead screwdriver bit to jam/squeeze in between 2 of the sides (see photo). This loosened the whole thing enough I was able to pull it off.
5. Repeat on other side.
6. You need to re-attach the plastic piece to the electronic box by screwing it back in. Make sure that the 1 slit side is ON TOP or else you won't be able to close the electronic box fully.
7. Close the electronic box by screwing it back together. Remove the batteries for storage. Sit back and gloat to Fisher Price that you were able to disassemble it even though they obviously didn't want you to be able to.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
33 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 12, 2016
I bought this for my daughter who is about 2 months. I have another daughter is about 1 year and she likes it too though. The one year old hits by it reaches down plays with the toys and likes how the music activates when you touch and shake it just a bit. I draped a lightweight baby blanket over it and it made makeshift little tent that she likes to go inside of 2. My 2 month old loves it and we'll lay on the colorful Matt and stare at the toys and lights but she can't quite reach the toys. It would have been nice if the legs were adjustable so you could change the height but it is not. Once she gets a little bigger she will be able to hit the toys but for now I tap it and the lights and music stimulate her. It's a lot to look at and she likes it. No complaints
on April 5, 2017
Thanks for excellent customer service ...😆
My grandson absolutely loves this mat .
It was not the mat pictured but actually newer model ...My grandson loves it !!!
Which makes this grandma very happy .i actually like this mat better ...😊
Thought i would order orignal mat as other grandkids had it and loved it ...and i was familiar with it also ..
After reading other reviews in changes to quality..mat from 7 years ago had satin leaves and a better sound and lights ...fisher price had switched to felt leaves and ..am reading people having problems with lights and sound ....I'm thrilled i got newer mat..everything seems to be of great quality
Highly recommend this seller ...Highly recommend new version of this mat too...
Thanks again for your great service and great product ..
review image
on November 5, 2015
My daughter loved this mat from 4 weeks to the time she started to roll. This is a fun mat for either gender. I had decided on this mat after doing much research. I really like Fisher Price and whenever I have had issues with a product, they have solved the problems quickly. I didn't have any issues with this mat. My daughter likes the toys so much on this mat that we're still using the toys on other toys, like her jumper. There is 20 minutes of music that is looped. My daughter could play by herself and entertain herself for 45-65 minutes on this mat when she was 4 weeks old. She would be so happy on it and I could get a few things done when she was on it. I would buy it again and it's in good enough shape that I'm giving it to a friend who is expecting. The lights are particularly entertaining for a small baby.
on January 17, 2018
I researched so many of these floor play sets and this one was by far my favorite. It isn't overly stimulating which I loved. My kid isn't the type to like super stimulating toys so this worked perfectly. All my friends would come over and they all ended up buying the same one. I took it to Italy too because its great even to travel with and unfortunately they didn't have it there so I had to buy gifts for everyone!!
on August 8, 2014
This is a high quality product, I just have a couple nits to pick. This gym is a bit taller than other gyms we've tried (e.g. the Baby Genius ones). Our baby has a hard time reaching up to and interacting with all the toys. I'm a bit surprised the flashing lights don't have an epilepsy warning -- they simulate a slow on and off by flickering -- but I suppose that's safe. And I think they missed an opportunity not motorizing the butterfly mobile - baby would've gotten a kick out of that. Also, even though covered in fabric, the arches are rigid and kind of hard when baby inadvertently kicks them or rolls into them. On the positive side, you get a well made product with a lot of features for a decent price. Our (6 month old) baby loves the crinkly leaf and monkey. I imagine she'll like the lion and elephant when she gets older and has more motor control.
on August 18, 2015
Love, Love, Love this baby gym. The lights and toys are perfect for babies who aren't yet mobile. My 3 month old loves to bat at the toys and talk to herself in the mirror. It's a perfect distraction when I need a few minutes to fix dinner, do laundry, clean the room, etc. I recommend this 100 percent! It was easy to assemble, has different settings for different "skill levels," and has 2 different volume settings. The attached toys are adorable, and can be used even after baby has outgrown the gym. I hesitated getting a gym; what does a baby need a "gym" for? But I am glad I splurged on this. My baby loves it! It has been worth every penny!
on June 23, 2014
I like it, although I guess I didn't get it early enough for him. So he didn't get to do much tummy time on it, but he still likes the music and the toys that hang from it. He liked the mirror so much I take it off and bring it around so he can play with it when he's playing in his car or when he's sitting in his car seat or whatever.

Also, the music stops playing when baby's not playing in it, so when I'm in the kitchen working away, I know when he's moved onto something else, so I can look in to see if he's into any mischief.

But I took a star off because the sound quality that started to fail maybe a month into using it. I think it's back to its normal quality now, but I feel like it might die on me soon. hopefully not, since baby still plays in it from time to time.

Oh yea, now he's into grabbing onto things to pull himself onto his feet, and he would grab onto two of the four support bars to pull himself up. But they're still holding up fine and I'm happy with the quality of it, especially for the price I've paid for it.
I also like that the mat is machine washable.

Just a note, batteries are not included. I forgot about that and had to get them after product arrived.
on December 16, 2013
I love the Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym. Not only do I love it but my son who is 2 1/2 months old LOVES this toy. He plays with it for about 15 minutes (that's pretty much the attention span of a newborn) every waking period (he naps every two hours and is awake for two hours) We haven't done a lot of tummy time with him with this toy but that's usually because we do tummy time on our bellies so he doesn't get as frustrated.

Favorite feature for mama, papa and baby is the motion sensor. I line him up so he can easily kick one of the bars or pull on the toys, his face lights up with glee as the lights start flashing at him and the music plays. It's a great way to teach cause and effect with a beautiful reward system.

The best part is, when I am getting ready to go to work in the morning I can put him on this mat next to my vanity and he plays away as I get ready. It free's my hands up so I can get ready for the day!

In fact, we love this toy so much we bought Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Deluxe Musical Mobile Gym
Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Deluxe Musical Mobile Gym
for when he is at grandma's house (baby sitter) which is very similar to this gym but has different toys on it to keep his interest. The Luv U Zoo gym should be arriving this week and if I had to pick between the two I'd probably even steer you towards the Luv U Zoo, the mobile on this one does not turn and move on its own but the fisher price luv u zoo has a mobile that will move and keep their interest.

They are both GREAT toys and you would not go wrong with either of them. Get both if you can! :)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.