Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,497 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,975 reviews
on September 9, 2016
Here's the deal with this play mat, it's colorful and attractive to a baby. My 3.5 month old daughter loves it. Everything about it seemed great, I'm talking endless hours of enjoyment for her. However, my daughters hand got completely jammed in one of the spinner toys. Her fingers were turning dark purple and her hand was left with bruises from being squished in the toy. She's going to be fine but it was very scary for myself and the baby. I called fisher price and opted to send the delinquent toy back for a $10 rebate instead of the whole mat for full return price. For me this wasn't about the money but letting them know that these spinners toys are dangerous. I'm giving it one star as a red flag for other parents. FYI I never write reviews especially negative, I'm not just a bored complainer.
review image review image review image review image
on September 12, 2016
I bought this for my daughter who is about 2 months. I have another daughter is about 1 year and she likes it too though. The one year old hits by it reaches down plays with the toys and likes how the music activates when you touch and shake it just a bit. I draped a lightweight baby blanket over it and it made makeshift little tent that she likes to go inside of 2. My 2 month old loves it and we'll lay on the colorful Matt and stare at the toys and lights but she can't quite reach the toys. It would have been nice if the legs were adjustable so you could change the height but it is not. Once she gets a little bigger she will be able to hit the toys but for now I tap it and the lights and music stimulate her. It's a lot to look at and she likes it. No complaints
on November 9, 2016
I found it to be so nice and useful that I purchased it twice. Seven years apart! In my opinion, its only fault in design is it doesn't quite lock into place when the two arches are swung open. It also doesn't quite fold back together as nicely as I think it should. I do imagine that this is probably a safety feature. So I cannot justify marking down the rating for that.

You can rearrange the toys included. Setup is very easy. The mat is padded and a silky texture. It has nice small features for small hands to fiddle with. Not a sensory revolution, but my son's have both enjoyed the leaf that crinkles. Either by kicking it for the noise or by lifting it to reveal the hidden smiling character underneath.

You'll find that the bottom surface that is the base and floor covering aspect of this play mat is easily removed for cleaning. Here's a tip: Look for the small plastic lips that are made into the bottom of the support poles. You might happen to overlook this small feature while assembling or reassembling. l've found that by keeping these hooked, the mat will stay laid out smoothly and will look nicer if you have all four in place. I think you'll find it a time saver not needing to straighten it out often. Especially, if you opt to leave the pay mat out on the floor between playtimes.

I do advise you to consider putting it on a floor that is carpeted or on top of a rug to provide some additional padding. The mat is slightly padded and is a highly durable and quality material. However, little ones doing tummy time may find it to be a little less than a soft landing. At least in the beginning stages of use. Again, I assume this is a safety feature.

I currently have mine on top of a plush 5'x7' rug. Previously, I had it on top of a larger area rug that had an additional thick wool rug pad underneath. That latter was probably the better of the two options. This time I chose at first to add another layer of softness under the mat and over the rug I'm using. I used a simple set of slightly padded, cotton pillow shams. (They were handy and I was being creative.) I didn't feel the need for their use after a few sessions.

*Just a reminder, you don't want to put your baby on their front for tummy time on a surface that is too soft. They are developing their strength and especially at first a surface that is too soft could pose a suffocation risk. Nonetheless, supervision does wonders for prevention.

I'm confident that this mat will be enjoyed by many other parents in the years to come. If you plan on expanding your family in the future, this is one of the items I recommend keeping in storage for future use.
on October 22, 2016
This has been a favorite of all four of my babies!! Even at less than a month old they would lay underneath it, watch the light show, and "talk" to the orange monkey (which detaches and comes with us in the car often). I love the soothing nature sounds and the music isn't at all annoying like some baby toys. It also has two volume levels which is always a plus! After my third child grew out of this, we sold it thinking our family was complete, but later changed our minds and had our 4th child. One of my first purchases after she was born? This exact gym which hasn't changed since the original one we bought 10 years ago. And it is just as loved by her today at 3 1/2 months old as it was when she first started using it. I love that it gives me 40 extra minutes in the day to get stuff done while she is contently playing on the floor.
on April 5, 2017
Thanks for excellent customer service ...😆
My grandson absolutely loves this mat .
It was not the mat pictured but actually newer model ...My grandson loves it !!!
Which makes this grandma very happy .i actually like this mat better ...😊
Thought i would order orignal mat as other grandkids had it and loved it ...and i was familiar with it also ..
After reading other reviews in changes to quality..mat from 7 years ago had satin leaves and a better sound and lights ...fisher price had switched to felt leaves and ..am reading people having problems with lights and sound ....I'm thrilled i got newer mat..everything seems to be of great quality
Highly recommend this seller ...Highly recommend new version of this mat too...
Thanks again for your great service and great product ..
review image
on January 14, 2014
So here is my thing with this, I don't want to accuse anyone of selling knock offs but there is enough off about ours that I am more than a little curious.

Like many other parents we found this jungle theme line by Fisher Price and bought pretty much one of everything. In a lot of ways they are all very similar in form, function, and quality. And then there is this guy.

On the upside there are bunch of toys included and a bunch of places to attach more. There are a variety of songs, sounds, and lights. Our Daugherty loves the lights. And there is motion (see the negatives to follow). We liked it enough that we didn't return it to see if we had gotten a dud or this is the way it is.

Now the bad: The leaves go up and down, but they don't lock or click into place so over a fairly short period of time they work themselves out and fall off. The music will play, sometimes. Other times we move the switch and nothing happens. Squeeze around the switch and it starts right up. We also have a switch that appears to do nothing. The last thing, it will be playing quietly and then just get real loud for no reason. All of this has been going on from day one.

Having become a connoisseur of the jungle line of products there is just something about this one that doesn't fit with all of the others. I know fake products are out there, and some even find their way to Amazon. I don't know how to tell if this is, but something doesn't seem right compared to the rest of the line.
on August 8, 2014
This is a high quality product, I just have a couple nits to pick. This gym is a bit taller than other gyms we've tried (e.g. the Baby Genius ones). Our baby has a hard time reaching up to and interacting with all the toys. I'm a bit surprised the flashing lights don't have an epilepsy warning -- they simulate a slow on and off by flickering -- but I suppose that's safe. And I think they missed an opportunity not motorizing the butterfly mobile - baby would've gotten a kick out of that. Also, even though covered in fabric, the arches are rigid and kind of hard when baby inadvertently kicks them or rolls into them. On the positive side, you get a well made product with a lot of features for a decent price. Our (6 month old) baby loves the crinkly leaf and monkey. I imagine she'll like the lion and elephant when she gets older and has more motor control.
on May 19, 2016
So I've had this for a couple weeks , it's pretty decent and cute for a boy or girl. There is a few things I wish they would improve on.. First off the leaves on top of the toy itself comes out way to easily and becomes a nuisance when your LO is playing around. Secondly it's not very sturdy.. The top that attaches on comes off Quite regularly. Other then that my daughter likes it , lots of cute animals and toys that make her giggle.
review image review image review image review image
on June 23, 2014
I like it, although I guess I didn't get it early enough for him. So he didn't get to do much tummy time on it, but he still likes the music and the toys that hang from it. He liked the mirror so much I take it off and bring it around so he can play with it when he's playing in his car or when he's sitting in his car seat or whatever.

Also, the music stops playing when baby's not playing in it, so when I'm in the kitchen working away, I know when he's moved onto something else, so I can look in to see if he's into any mischief.

But I took a star off because the sound quality that started to fail maybe a month into using it. I think it's back to its normal quality now, but I feel like it might die on me soon. hopefully not, since baby still plays in it from time to time.

Oh yea, now he's into grabbing onto things to pull himself onto his feet, and he would grab onto two of the four support bars to pull himself up. But they're still holding up fine and I'm happy with the quality of it, especially for the price I've paid for it.
I also like that the mat is machine washable.

Just a note, batteries are not included. I forgot about that and had to get them after product arrived.
on November 14, 2015
Ordered one- music and light console shorts out after 10 seconds of music. Have to hit it to turn back on- shorts out again after another 10 seconds. Returned and got sent a replacement- the SAME THING happened with the music and light console. Returned second one as well.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.