Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$62.99 - $274.65

Showing 1-10 of 1,493 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,967 reviews
on September 9, 2016
Here's the deal with this play mat, it's colorful and attractive to a baby. My 3.5 month old daughter loves it. Everything about it seemed great, I'm talking endless hours of enjoyment for her. However, my daughters hand got completely jammed in one of the spinner toys. Her fingers were turning dark purple and her hand was left with bruises from being squished in the toy. She's going to be fine but it was very scary for myself and the baby. I called fisher price and opted to send the delinquent toy back for a $10 rebate instead of the whole mat for full return price. For me this wasn't about the money but letting them know that these spinners toys are dangerous. I'm giving it one star as a red flag for other parents. FYI I never write reviews especially negative, I'm not just a bored complainer.
review image review image review image review image
on October 22, 2016
This has been a favorite of all four of my babies!! Even at less than a month old they would lay underneath it, watch the light show, and "talk" to the orange monkey (which detaches and comes with us in the car often). I love the soothing nature sounds and the music isn't at all annoying like some baby toys. It also has two volume levels which is always a plus! After my third child grew out of this, we sold it thinking our family was complete, but later changed our minds and had our 4th child. One of my first purchases after she was born? This exact gym which hasn't changed since the original one we bought 10 years ago. And it is just as loved by her today at 3 1/2 months old as it was when she first started using it. I love that it gives me 40 extra minutes in the day to get stuff done while she is contently playing on the floor.
on April 5, 2017
Thanks for excellent customer service ...😆
My grandson absolutely loves this mat .
It was not the mat pictured but actually newer model ...My grandson loves it !!!
Which makes this grandma very happy .i actually like this mat better ...😊
Thought i would order orignal mat as other grandkids had it and loved it ...and i was familiar with it also ..
After reading other reviews in changes to quality..mat from 7 years ago had satin leaves and a better sound and lights ...fisher price had switched to felt leaves and ..am reading people having problems with lights and sound ....I'm thrilled i got newer mat..everything seems to be of great quality
Highly recommend this seller ...Highly recommend new version of this mat too...
Thanks again for your great service and great product ..
review image
on May 24, 2014
My son has loved all the colors of this play gym since he was a couple weeks old. He loves the lights and the rattles. I don't like that it plays the same song over and over and over again. I wish there was some variety as my son LOVES music. I also don't like that the butterfly mobile doesn't move on its own. I have to sit and move it around and after a while my arm gets tired, which makes my son mad because he likes them to move. Other than those 2 small things this is a great play gym. My son LOVES to be on it!
on April 5, 2017
The melodies and lights stopped working after about 2 uses. The bright colors were nice and the animals are neat - our newborn especially loved the Elephant and the Toucan rattles. We got a few months of tummy time out of it, but could have gotten the same out of a cheaper model because the heavy electronic system at the top didn't add any value.
on March 3, 2015
After we had our first child, I was adamant that I didn't want a play mat. At the time I thought it would be too much stimulation. We avoided all extra lights and music, and even no tv. My daughter is still a little hyper ball of energy. We were given this play mat as a gift for my son. He was born the most chilled out guy in the world, and he seemed to really like this thing. Go figure.

The lights and music seem to be the best part of the play mat, and the biggest draw for the kids. You have a choice between continuous music, movement activate music, or animal sounds (frogs and such). There are butterflies at the top that don't move unless you move them. Like others have said, we assumed at first they were broken. Would have been nice to put a mobile feature in there.

The toys are not the best. A stuffed monkey, a stuffed toucan with bell inside, a plastic mirror, a hard plastic elephant with spinning ball, a hard plastic animal with spinning pedal. I wish there were more soft plastic/silicone/rubber options for teething. The way the mirror hangs is hard for the child to actually see. I think my son has only ever been able to see himself in it once.

I think overall I would recommend getting a play mat, but not this one. I really wish it was easier to break down. As it is, this one just sits out all the time in our living room, since breaking down the bars every night is too time consuming if we have to set it all up the next day.
on June 14, 2016
My son, who is now 7, had this when he was a baby. I have so many wonderful memories of our time on the floor while he played with this. He loved it! It's very cute and engaging. I am about to have my first niece born, and I've just bought this for her because I know she will enjoy it as well. Highly recommend it!
on June 5, 2016
My 2 month old loves this play mat. She seems to really enjoy the blinking lights underneath and also staring at herself in the mirror. I would love it more if it was able to be folded and put away without completely taking it apart, but I can deal with it. On a side note, my cat also really likes it and bats at the butterflies dangling in the middle.
on March 18, 2017
My baby loved this and it did keep him occupied during the (very) short period of time that he used it. Why do they grow so fast?! My only complaint is that I wish it folded down easier it was easier to store. All in all though it's great! Super cute!
on July 26, 2015
We loved the version of this that I got for my first child. They cheaped out pretty badly this time around.

The butterflies that were satin are now felt.
The silky leaf is also now felt.
The plastic tubing that was round (for the arches) now has square cheap-feeling shape to it, and is far less stable. (with the rounded plastic under the material, it looked nicer, felt more stable, and didn't appear cheap.)
The nice-looking top is now just a batter cover (used to have the fisher-price logo, and look nice, now just lame.)
There were 4 lights, now there are only 2,
The beautiful multi-colored parrot is now a lame yellow lion, with no bright color to grab attention.
And there are far fewer toys available to attach! They are all here on Amazon, but I used to be able to go to Walmart and pick up various coordinating rattles, teethers, rings, and the like.

What happened, Fisher Price? Was $70 too low of a price to continue making the product nice?

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.