Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 9, 2016
Here's the deal with this play mat, it's colorful and attractive to a baby. My 3.5 month old daughter loves it. Everything about it seemed great, I'm talking endless hours of enjoyment for her. However, my daughters hand got completely jammed in one of the spinner toys. Her fingers were turning dark purple and her hand was left with bruises from being squished in the toy. She's going to be fine but it was very scary for myself and the baby. I called fisher price and opted to send the delinquent toy back for a $10 rebate instead of the whole mat for full return price. For me this wasn't about the money but letting them know that these spinners toys are dangerous. I'm giving it one star as a red flag for other parents. FYI I never write reviews especially negative, I'm not just a bored complainer.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 25, 2016
This gym is great - my baby loved it from about 4-9 months. At 9 months, we decided it was time to retire it. I had saved the clear plastic bag for NINE months just to store it in. However, After several attempts, I realized it wasn't able to be taken apart like it was assembled. Google search = nothing. So I ended up taking it apart myself. See my instructions if you want to do it as well. Hope this helps someone! Some of the pictures are post-taking apart since I wasn't planning on doing a tutorial from the beginning.
(see photo as well)
Tools needed: Flathead & Phillips screwdriver. Patience. Finesse.
1. Open the electronic box by unscrewing all screws on bottom (7 total)
2. Remove the smaller butterfly arch by prying open the white arms in the center using a screwdriver and yanking it out. This is very difficult. It'll take some finesse.
3. Remove the other arch (the one with the giraffe) by unscrewing the white plastic piece on the sides where the arch is hooked into. The arch will still be attached. Just remove the white plastic piece (2 screws) on each side.
4. Next you will need to remove the white plastic piece from the actual arch. I used a flathead screwdriver bit to jam/squeeze in between 2 of the sides (see photo). This loosened the whole thing enough I was able to pull it off.
5. Repeat on other side.
6. You need to re-attach the plastic piece to the electronic box by screwing it back in. Make sure that the 1 slit side is ON TOP or else you won't be able to close the electronic box fully.
7. Close the electronic box by screwing it back together. Remove the batteries for storage. Sit back and gloat to Fisher Price that you were able to disassemble it even though they obviously didn't want you to be able to.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
33 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 9, 2016
I found it to be so nice and useful that I purchased it twice. Seven years apart! In my opinion, its only fault in design is it doesn't quite lock into place when the two arches are swung open. It also doesn't quite fold back together as nicely as I think it should. I do imagine that this is probably a safety feature. So I cannot justify marking down the rating for that.

You can rearrange the toys included. Setup is very easy. The mat is padded and a silky texture. It has nice small features for small hands to fiddle with. Not a sensory revolution, but my son's have both enjoyed the leaf that crinkles. Either by kicking it for the noise or by lifting it to reveal the hidden smiling character underneath.

You'll find that the bottom surface that is the base and floor covering aspect of this play mat is easily removed for cleaning. Here's a tip: Look for the small plastic lips that are made into the bottom of the support poles. You might happen to overlook this small feature while assembling or reassembling. l've found that by keeping these hooked, the mat will stay laid out smoothly and will look nicer if you have all four in place. I think you'll find it a time saver not needing to straighten it out often. Especially, if you opt to leave the pay mat out on the floor between playtimes.

I do advise you to consider putting it on a floor that is carpeted or on top of a rug to provide some additional padding. The mat is slightly padded and is a highly durable and quality material. However, little ones doing tummy time may find it to be a little less than a soft landing. At least in the beginning stages of use. Again, I assume this is a safety feature.

I currently have mine on top of a plush 5'x7' rug. Previously, I had it on top of a larger area rug that had an additional thick wool rug pad underneath. That latter was probably the better of the two options. This time I chose at first to add another layer of softness under the mat and over the rug I'm using. I used a simple set of slightly padded, cotton pillow shams. (They were handy and I was being creative.) I didn't feel the need for their use after a few sessions.

*Just a reminder, you don't want to put your baby on their front for tummy time on a surface that is too soft. They are developing their strength and especially at first a surface that is too soft could pose a suffocation risk. Nonetheless, supervision does wonders for prevention.

I'm confident that this mat will be enjoyed by many other parents in the years to come. If you plan on expanding your family in the future, this is one of the items I recommend keeping in storage for future use.
on September 12, 2016
I bought this for my daughter who is about 2 months. I have another daughter is about 1 year and she likes it too though. The one year old hits by it reaches down plays with the toys and likes how the music activates when you touch and shake it just a bit. I draped a lightweight baby blanket over it and it made makeshift little tent that she likes to go inside of 2. My 2 month old loves it and we'll lay on the colorful Matt and stare at the toys and lights but she can't quite reach the toys. It would have been nice if the legs were adjustable so you could change the height but it is not. Once she gets a little bigger she will be able to hit the toys but for now I tap it and the lights and music stimulate her. It's a lot to look at and she likes it. No complaints
on April 5, 2017
Thanks for excellent customer service ...😆
My grandson absolutely loves this mat .
It was not the mat pictured but actually newer model ...My grandson loves it !!!
Which makes this grandma very happy .i actually like this mat better ...😊
Thought i would order orignal mat as other grandkids had it and loved it ...and i was familiar with it also ..
After reading other reviews in changes to quality..mat from 7 years ago had satin leaves and a better sound and lights ...fisher price had switched to felt leaves and ..am reading people having problems with lights and sound ....I'm thrilled i got newer mat..everything seems to be of great quality
Highly recommend this seller ...Highly recommend new version of this mat too...
Thanks again for your great service and great product ..
review image
on January 14, 2014
So here is my thing with this, I don't want to accuse anyone of selling knock offs but there is enough off about ours that I am more than a little curious.

Like many other parents we found this jungle theme line by Fisher Price and bought pretty much one of everything. In a lot of ways they are all very similar in form, function, and quality. And then there is this guy.

On the upside there are bunch of toys included and a bunch of places to attach more. There are a variety of songs, sounds, and lights. Our Daugherty loves the lights. And there is motion (see the negatives to follow). We liked it enough that we didn't return it to see if we had gotten a dud or this is the way it is.

Now the bad: The leaves go up and down, but they don't lock or click into place so over a fairly short period of time they work themselves out and fall off. The music will play, sometimes. Other times we move the switch and nothing happens. Squeeze around the switch and it starts right up. We also have a switch that appears to do nothing. The last thing, it will be playing quietly and then just get real loud for no reason. All of this has been going on from day one.

Having become a connoisseur of the jungle line of products there is just something about this one that doesn't fit with all of the others. I know fake products are out there, and some even find their way to Amazon. I don't know how to tell if this is, but something doesn't seem right compared to the rest of the line.
on November 5, 2015
My daughter loved this mat from 4 weeks to the time she started to roll. This is a fun mat for either gender. I had decided on this mat after doing much research. I really like Fisher Price and whenever I have had issues with a product, they have solved the problems quickly. I didn't have any issues with this mat. My daughter likes the toys so much on this mat that we're still using the toys on other toys, like her jumper. There is 20 minutes of music that is looped. My daughter could play by herself and entertain herself for 45-65 minutes on this mat when she was 4 weeks old. She would be so happy on it and I could get a few things done when she was on it. I would buy it again and it's in good enough shape that I'm giving it to a friend who is expecting. The lights are particularly entertaining for a small baby.
on October 29, 2013
We got this when our baby's vision improved enough to see farther (~2 months). We chose it from the many other baby gyms because looked very colorful and had lots of things going on.

The toys are great, she loves them all. The only one we have trouble with is the parrot on the perch as she's conked herself a couple of times in the face with it while playing with it, it's a little hard and heavy.

All choking problems have been taken care of, so no worries there.

The mirror isn't really big enough for her to see herself while on her tummy so I actually put it around the butterfly holders so that she can see herself while looking up on her back, works better this way.

The butterflies don't move on their own, but I knew they wouldn't from the item description. Once they can reach high enough, they can move them on their own.

The music is great, enough variation to not drive you nuts. Between 2 songs, a little intermission plays which is really calming. There is a setting to only let music play when the gyroscope moves from the gym being played with or you can set it on continuous playing, which lasts for about 30 minutes.

My favorite, or rather my baby's favorite, are the lights. They really help calm her down at night for bed, we just have her lay on the mat in the dark and have the lights going on, she plays for a bit then just stares at the lights.

The gym is sturdy even on carpet. I think a lot of people don't realize that the two arms snap in place so that it actually can't fall down. It does not permanently attach so it makes it easy to pack it up and go.

Overall, I'm glad we got this. Now that she is rolling over and loves trying to grab at the images on the mat. It also has hooks on the sides of the mat so you can put the toys there for tummy time. Great play mat!
on January 17, 2018
I researched so many of these floor play sets and this one was by far my favorite. It isn't overly stimulating which I loved. My kid isn't the type to like super stimulating toys so this worked perfectly. All my friends would come over and they all ended up buying the same one. I took it to Italy too because its great even to travel with and unfortunately they didn't have it there so I had to buy gifts for everyone!!
on August 8, 2014
This is a high quality product, I just have a couple nits to pick. This gym is a bit taller than other gyms we've tried (e.g. the Baby Genius ones). Our baby has a hard time reaching up to and interacting with all the toys. I'm a bit surprised the flashing lights don't have an epilepsy warning -- they simulate a slow on and off by flickering -- but I suppose that's safe. And I think they missed an opportunity not motorizing the butterfly mobile - baby would've gotten a kick out of that. Also, even though covered in fabric, the arches are rigid and kind of hard when baby inadvertently kicks them or rolls into them. On the positive side, you get a well made product with a lot of features for a decent price. Our (6 month old) baby loves the crinkly leaf and monkey. I imagine she'll like the lion and elephant when she gets older and has more motor control.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.