Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(2 star, Verified Purchases). See all 132 reviews
on September 24, 2012
I gave this to my 2 (soon to be 3) year old for christmas last year. He really loves cars in general and the "Cars" movies. He seemed initially happy with receiving it but soon didn't seem to want to play with it. Almost 10 months later, he still doesn't play with this track like I thought he would. He loses interest very quickly.

This is why:
1. It is hard for little hands/arms to shake the cars enough for them to go around the track completely. You have to shake the car a lot to get them to travel any time worth watching so there isn't much payoff for him.

2. The starting line piece that you lift is hard for little hands to lift alone. This makes racing hard for him because this piece is what makes the cars "take-off" together.

While I had every intention of playing with my son; he can only play with it when I am with him which sort of defeats the point of independent play. This is true even now that he is bigger and understands more.

If I had to do it over again, I would have just bought him regular "Cars" cars or even just pull-back and release cars. These shake cars really use up batteries.

What I like about this track set is that it is brightly colored and attractive. The cars are durable because they have been dropped numerous times and still work like new and have all their parts.
on December 12, 2012
I am aware that I bought this race track as collectible but the seller said it is like new. When we put the tracks together we found out that the stickers for the buildings were missing. The race track came without the original package. It suppose to come as a gift. So I do not know if that was the reason why the product was taken out of the original package. That could also be the reason why parts were missing.
on December 30, 2011
Gets a 5-star rating for the Cars brand. Kids light up when they see it. Assembly was straightforward. The toy is loud and there is no volume control, so be prepared for repetitive dialog lines coming from each car. Unfortunately, the Enzo car only makes sounds and doesn't go, so our boys take turns shaking and playing with McQueen and pushing Enzo around the track by hand, pretending Enzo is broken down, etc. Fun in it's own way, but minus stars for poor quality.
on March 5, 2012
This Cars 2 race track set is almost what I expected it to be -- not too small but not to big, not too many tiny parts, easy to assemble and use. One huge gripe though is that the cars died after only about 10-15 uses!! :( We made sure to switch them to off when not in use, but this did not help with extending the life of the batteries.
on March 12, 2012
The cars only last a few times before they no longer work. My 3 year old son kept getting frustrated because thh cars wouldn't go all the way around the track. They only went around a quarter of the track when they actually worked. I would not recommend this product.
on December 29, 2011
I bought this for my four year old son for Christmas. The track did not work properly at the starting gate. The shake and go cars are fun, but you really have to shake them to get them around the track. We bought a Darda track set and he is more excited about that. This one is going back.
on January 5, 2012
Nice toy, but because of poor quality it's hard to believe it is a Fisher-Price product. Cars can't make the curve (specially Francesco), pieces do not fit easily. Lot of fun but frustrating because the car is not able to complete the race
on December 10, 2012
I received only one car and it did not have a cover to keep the battery in. I would like to get another car and a battery cover. I should have been told if the set was not complete.
on October 31, 2011
We bought this as a present for our son who was turning 3 years old. He was very happy with his present and it looked a very good quality.
Unfortunately one of the Cars was broken within in 1 hour!!, They other one didn't make it a day and was broken at the end of the day with normal use.
I sent an e-mail tot Mattel in Holland and they didn't answer me at all. So no good words for Fisher Price.

In Europe we couldn't buy it so we did let it ship to Holland. We did receive the package in 5 days and that was great.
on August 22, 2011
Overall, the toys seems cool and my 4-year-old got it as birthday gift. He is a big fan of lightening mcqueen so was just excited about the toy. But the disappointing parts is the car do not run very far and well in the track. There is not much real competition and hence excitement from the race.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question