Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.77 shipping
+ $15.72 shipping
Fisher-Price Thomas the Train Wooden Railway Coal Hopper Figure 8 Set
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- All aboard for fun with this Figure 8 starter set
- Includes Thomas, cargo car, removable coal cargo
- Press on Coal Hopper to load the cargo car with coal
- Easy-to-assemble track
- Expand your world of Thomas and Friends and create your very own Thomas adventures
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
All aboard for fun with this Figure 8 starter set! Thomas rides around the track, over, or under the bridge. Press down on the Coal Hopper to load Thomas’ cargo car with coal! Includes Thomas, cargo car, removable coal cargo.
BySee all Product description
Top Customer Reviews
Another reviewer suggested that this type of bridge is too frustrating for little kids because its 3-piece construction can come apart easily. In anticipation of this problems, I stuck a couple adhesive Velcro circles (Like this: VELCRO Brand - Sticky Back - 5/8" Coins, Hook Side Only, 100ct - White) where the bridge pieces connect. There's a little lip on each of the bridge sides, next to the little wooden pin, and a matching lip on the underside of the arched track piece (next to the hole for the pin). I just trimmed the Velcro circles a bit, and stuck them to those surfaces (see picture). This solution worked perfectly for us! The velcro holds the bridge together during play, but when our little guy wants to purposefully dismantle the bridge, he can do it by himself. Win-win!
Overall, I would definitely recommend this set to a friend, especially as a starter set: you get a good amount of high quality track, a fun bridge, an interactive piece in the coal hopper, and Thomas (the main character for all of your pretend play!). I'm glad that I purchased this set!
In general, very well made and classic. Love the trains and cars - nicely painted, nice weight and size. My son can hardly set the train down and carries it with him everywhere.
One small point that prevent me from giving this 5 stars as I had hoped to be able to do:
1. If you release the train from the top of the bridge, the figure eights are too tight for the trains to reliable make the turn coming down off the bridge; in fact 8 out of 10 times it will derail. Add one more straight length of track on either side of the bridge and it makes the corners fine - Probably would require $2 more worth of track to get the right dimensions so the track would work right. Luckily I've already purchased some extra track - otherwise the "starter set" does not really let you get started.