Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Fisher-Price Imaginext Mega T-Rex
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$193.13+ $6.67 shipping

on December 7, 2011
My son absolutely loves the imaginext series of toys. He is quickly collecting them, and our whole family is addicted to the shows which I hope eventually turn into a real series. It would be terrific to see more. We have watched the dvd about 100 times and never have gotten tired of it. Really great series, and love how the mini shows end each time. Its neat too to see how all of the toys interact with each other. We collected all of the dinosaurs, and are working on the pirates next. After that, I'm sure we will start collecting the dragons. We are really hooked on all of the imaginext toys, and highly recommend them all. They are sturdy, high quality, and so much fun. I find myself playing with my son fighting for vulcanium. If you don't know what it is, you definitely have to watch the shows. Now, if imaginext will just make a real series for tv, we will be first in line to watch them. Way to go imaginext. You score a whopping 5 stars from this family...! Thank you for making toys that are so much fun!
on July 22, 2014
I bought this for my son for Christmas. I saw it last year, but it was so expensive, and now that it's not sold in stores anymore, it's a great price on Amazon! It's super cool, and I didn't know it while buying it, but the dinosaur moves and roars when you push a button on his tail. My son loves it, and still plays with it now, 7 months later. I got him the Apatosaurus as well, but he likes this one better.
on January 17, 2014
This toy was a big hit with my 2-year-old for Christmas. It's gotten a lot of playtime hours logged, but has now lost some of it's luster with my son. The battle gear comes off, but it is hard for the little guy and my 5-year-old to put back on. The sound and action are activated by a trigger on the tail, which requires some decent strength to operate while the entire toy is suspended in the air. Neither child can operate the trigger while it is off the ground. It is a cool toy, just the movement and sound are not the best feature.
on December 29, 2013
Our two year old is going through a growling/roaring/monster baby phase.
This was perfect!
When the button is pressed down, the entire head, neck and tail activate at multiple joints for a fluid, animated, audio representation of a dinosaur. He loves it!
So many moving parts, more than anticipated..!
Our son generally breaks things with moving parts on day one; This has held up beautifully to his rough-handling and frequent destructive terrible-twos episodes.
The toy itself is not very well balanced; The weight of the mechanics in the head and neck require him/it to be standing at an angle, leaning forward - with or without his attachments - or it falls on its face. 2 y/o doesnt mind this slight annoyance one bit, tho, as long as mommy/daddy/sister are around to put it back on its feet.
The attachment assembly for the little guys chair on its its back, as far as I could tell, never did stay on by itself... Consider, though, that the kids had a good hour on Christmas Morning before they woke us up to decimate whatever Santa left under the tree... Hubby tried to fix it, broke the hinge off... Bad Hubby!
Our basset hounds had a blast chewing up the little orange projectile missiles...
Our little monkey (2 y/o) really didnt care for the attachments so their environmentally assured destruction has taken nothing at all from his complete enjoyment of this toy!
on February 25, 2013
This was a gift to our 1yr old boy. WE KNOW it says 3yr and up, we also don't care. It's not like he can swallow the thing... Anyways after stripping away the attached "armor" (which we are width-holding until he is older) your left with an awesome Tyrannosaurus Rex. Pressing the button on his tail makes him writhe around and roar and his feet are crazy thick so he can stand without issue in most situations. Our son loves to watch him do this and more than once has leaned over and kissed him on the snout.

If there is a problem with him, and he loses a star for this, it's that he is not very articulated. The other imaginext toys are either, but something about the electronic part of this guy seems to make it worse. So much of him, the neck, arms, mouth, are all controlled exclusively by electronics and are not really pose-able.

Another thing to keep in mind, though it doesn't get knocked for this, is that our two year old daughter does NOT like this toy. Whenever our 1yr old makes it roar she kind of backs away from him. We try to show her that it's not dangerous, and show her our son kissing it, but she just won't warm up to him. This is just something to keep in mind and you could find out if this will be a problem for you because they have it in most retail stores. Just show it to your kids there and gauge their reactions.

Overall a great purchase for our kids small but growing imaginext collection, I would definitively buy it again.
on December 16, 2013
I got this for one of my twins for his 4th birthday. It looks really cool, but was quite a disappointment when opened. First of all, it looks like it walks on it's own. It doesn't. I can accept that it's my fault for not reading the description carefully enough for this part. However, I can not help but be anything other than disappointed with the quality of it. First of all, it's extremely top heavy. To get it to stand on its own, you have to postion the legs just so - and then not touch it at all. The other big problem is that none of it's gear stays on! The minute you move it, everything falls off, and you have a very upset kid. And yes, I am sure we were putting it on correctly. His twin brother got the Mega Apatosaurus and it is much better. It walks on its own, and all it's accessories stay on. I took the son who got the T-Rex to the store to pick out a replacement toy b/c we are obviously returning this. he picked Blister, the orange Velociraptor Switch and Go Dino, and he LOVES it. I would get that over this T-Rex any day.
on January 13, 2015
This was for my Grandnephew.. when I ordered it they said it wouldn't arrive till Dec 31... I understood as I didn't order it until the 19th or 20th.. Was I ever surprised that it came by FedEx on the 23rd.. When Sawyer opened up the box, Christmas day he went nuts..he couldn't wait to get it out of the box..I was even surprised on how big it was.. He did ask how come it didn't walk but it was ok with him.. After all presents were opened he was asked what was his favorite present he pointed to the Mega T-Rex..I quickly said "no all the presents were his favorite".. It's very sturdy and well made.. he had fun with it.. A very good toy to order.. Made his day.. Thanks Amazon for getting the toy here before Christmas..
on January 17, 2013
Our 3 year old LOVES this toy. I bought it online and thought it would be much smaller for the price. It stands alone well (15 inches tall), moves both manually and by pushing the button for "life-like" action. The movements are really amazing. The best thing is that it isn't too loud or annoying and he has to actually be holding the button to keep it going (moving and making noise that is). All of the accessories come off and on easily. It is an awesome dino toy!

I think that, in general, toys don't ALL need to "shoot something". I would have preferred that birds shoot out from a hidey hole on the backpack... something less military for my animal-loving toddler... so that SOME of his play didn't include projectiles. However, it only comes with 2 projectiles and once they are shot under the tv stand or couch... he is back to just a dude riding a dino :)
on September 2, 2013
This is a big dinosaur. My grandsons have the Imaginex Castle and many of the other things that goes with it. This dino is huge in comparison to the other creatures. I have a video on my kindle that they watch which features this creature. They seem to like it alot. It was my grandson's favorite birthday present. It roars, gnashes its teeth and turns his head.
on December 26, 2014
Purchased this on an Amazon lightening deal in Dec. 2014 simply because it was priced very nicely. My son loves it! And, his 2 year old sister loves it too! But seriously, I don't think he's worth $45. But, on a lightening deal or sale, I would purchase him again for $25 or less.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.