Fishman Rare Earth Blend Soundhole Pickup
|Price:||$289.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$14.23 (5%)|
- Fishman is dedicated to helping musicians achieve the truest sound possible whenever they plug in.
- An improved microphone and re-voiced electronics offer a warmer, more natural acoustic tone.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Fishman Rare Earth Blend Pickup
An improved microphone and re-voiced electronics offer a warmer, more natural acoustic tone. Easily accessible Mic/Pickup Blend Control offers fingertip control to dial in just the right blend. For unequalled sound quality and ease of use, it’s hard to beat the performance of the Rare Earth Blend. Cutting-edge neodymium magnets provide excellent string-to-string balance while the pickup’s active electronics and low-noise, discrete circuitry design keep the sound pure and clean with smooth response throughout the frequency range.
- Re-voiced and fine-tuned for smoother treble response and a warmer, more naturally acoustic tone
- Active electronics and neodymium magnet structure for exceptional string balance and sparkling acoustic clarity
- Flexible cardioid microphone and mic/pickup blend control
- Miniature batteries mount conveniently on the underside of the pickup (batteries included)
- Low current design of the preamp allows up to 150 hours between battery changes
- Newly designed mounting system and ergonomic body shape
- Pre-wired output jack can also be endpin mounted
- Easy installation with no alteration – plug-and-play right out of the box
The Rare Earth Blend features a humbucking pickup with a miniature electric condenser microphone prewired. The benefits of combining a string sensitive pickup with an internal microphone are well known among professional musicians. In this case, the magnetic pickup delivers a balanced, high resolution signal, and is especially good at reproducing the initial attack (transient) of a guitar string. The onboard microphone captures the natural resonance of the guitar's sound chamber. Combining these two ingredients results in true acoustic tone with the power and projection to compete in modern high volume performance settings. You can blend the pickup and microphone with a small rotary control located underneath the pickup and easily accessible through the sound hole.
Top customer reviews
Based on what I read before buying it, my expectations were that the pickup would make a really good acoustic sound. But when I installed it and played it for a month (also changing the strings and trying it through different amplifiers) I still thought it turned the acoustic instrument's sound into a little too much of an electric-guitar-type sound.
Also, for some reason, contrary to the instructions in the box, it amplified the nickel strings notably louder than the phosphor bronze strings.
Update: After a few months I still think this is one of the best sounding acoustic pickups you can get. For me...... & I think this maybe because I leave it plugged into the amp........I go through batteries every 3 weeks or so. Also be careful not to put too much pressure on the small plastic tabs that hold the batteries in line. They will break easily.
Still cannot believe the sound am I used to be a real snob about using a mic only for my acoustic.
Don't worry about the type of sound, you can always use the amp Equalizer to modify that. I put more treble for some songs and more bass for others for example, that's not an issue.
I choose this one over the L.R Baggs just because this one has no feedback, and I prefer de Humbucker pick ups.
Really easy to install, it doesn't bother you when playing, and ir really captures a good acoustic sound, not that electric sound most pick ups have.
This is a safe purchase.
The goose neck does move out of place, but only when moving the guitar from place to place. I haven't found this to be an issue.
I highly recommend this pick up.