Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 781 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 851 reviews
on January 19, 2015
I like the feel of stainless steel scissors; the cut is clean and usually comparatively easy. The pair I had used a rather thin stainless metal and the blades would push away from each other while cutting cardboard or multiple sheets of paper. I purchased these thinking for the price I could't go too far wrong, but I was even more delighted than I expected. Each blade is a full 3/32" thick, thicker than the edge of a U.S. nickle! If someone tried to cut a brick with these I am not sure I would bet on the brick coming out in one piece. The thick blade even extends significantly up into the handles.

The description uses the word "recycled", and I think the packaging indicated that word applied the plastic handle. The handle has a great feel; they are good quality and fit comfortably in either left or right hand (I am a lefty myself.)

I may very well order another package or two (2 scissors per package.) At this price it would be worth having another couple pairs to keep at convenient locations around the house.
review image review image review image review image
on December 26, 2011
As the title suggests this is not going to be a technical review, I don't know how to evaluate a pair of scissors technically! I'm not somebody who works with scissors on a daily basis, i'm not in a profession which involves using this as a work tool!

I bought this because we only had one pair of "all-purpose" scissors at home and I needed one for the office and I mostly use it to cut paper or plastic, and it has so far worked very well for all those purposes without giving me a reason to complain! It was pretty sharp out of the package and is comfortable to hold, and for $2.60, it couldn't be better! The packaging was standard and the blades were pretty sharp for what I use it for! It is long enough for most of the tasks, the only place were it fell "short", so to say, was when cutting wrapping paper to size! So there it is useful and very well priced! It Works!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon February 9, 2015
These scissors cut smooth and maintain their sharpness. I can cut very clean lines through paper and cloth. The handles are comfortable and steel blades don't rust even when left wet (low maintenance). Also, the 8 inches measurement is from the tip to the end of the entire scissors - the blades are only about four inches long.
review image
on September 12, 2014
I bought these scissors because they were an add-on item with a very good price and my husband said that Fiskars was a very good name brand. We are always needing scissors to open something around the house. These scissors might be good for cutting paper with but not much else because they are so stiff when using them. It is hard for me to cut down with them because of the stiffness. I keep hoping with time that they will loosen up some. If I used them for all my cutting needs that might happen, but I get so frustrated when using them that I find myself going back to my Kitchen Aid scissors which will cut anything! Kitchen Aid scissors might be pricier than these Friskars scissors but it is worth it to spend a little bit more money and know that you can use them for everything whereas these Friskars scissors can only be used for cutting light things such as paper. I will not be buying these again.
on March 3, 2013
What should one expect from $4 Scissors? That they can cut basic paper, primarily. I have a pair of Stainless Steel General Purpose Scissors that have been in use more than 25 years and are still sharp and useful today, all other scissors can only hope to meet the quality standard those scissors have set.

I needed scissors for work. The scissors needed to be able to cut: regular paper, cardboard, lightweight thin plastic(packaging), packaging tape, masking tape, certain types of bubble wrap(and similar items), as well as cloth/fabric materials. I decided to order these Fiskars Everyday Scissors(they were cheap, and Fiskars is not a "no name" brand).

My first impression was that these scissors look/appear to be very crude. All the edges, the plastic, and the metal do not seem like a work of fine craftsmanship. The outer appearance is as basic as it can be. Although labeled as "stainless steel" on the packaging this label does not appear on the scissors themselves(like other stainless steel items), which makes me suspicious whether they are really made of stainless steel. They are relatively light and are easy to hold in my hand.

Maybe I was expecting too much from $4 scissors? Although Fiskars is a company from Finland well known for its scissors, these scissors are made in a famous 5 letter Asian country.

These scissors do work, I just don't know how long they will stay sharp, their appearance does not suggest they will last many years. So far I have been able to cut most of the stuff I listed above. One positive note - the packaging these scissors came in did not require other scissors to open.
on November 24, 2016
Bought this scissor for office use and it perfectly does the job. It feels so light-weighted and comfortable to hold, and has superior sharpness for paper cutting. Very smooth user experience. And somehow it looks elegant too :>

A warning though; the metal part may be strong enough but the plastic handle is not.....so mine snapped off suddenly at the handle when I used it to destroy my old membership card. It was not the first time I used it for this use so I guess this was the last card that broke the scissor... How tragic! Orz
on March 16, 2014
I used these scissors for a crafting project over the weekend and I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and durable they are. They flawlessly cut through paper, cardboard, and fabric. The curve on the handle really helps with the handling. I found that after hours of using them I didn't have a sore spot on my thumb like with other scissors I've used in the past. As an added bonus- they are recycled which also makes me love them even more! Would definitely recommend!
on December 15, 2014
Awesome Scissors. Perfect for couponing or just about anything around the house. These are definitely up to the task of most things. They are very well made as well. I like how they come in a 2-Pack, as just having one pair of scissors is not enough. You should always have 2 pair around the house.

The Handle is also perfect with the fingers as well.

The fact that these are recycled and well made, is awesome and the price couldn't be any better. Common times, when you purchase items that were made from Recycled materials, they tend to be more expensive than purchasing the same item that isn't made from recycled materials. You would think that when you buy something that is made from Recycled materials that it should at least at minimum be the same price, if not cheaper than those that aren;t made from recycled Materials.

Highly recommended
on November 14, 2016
I own a few pairs of Fiskars skissors. I like the fact theyre recycled because plastic useage and consumption is a big problem in America for the environment. I feel that I am doing the right thing when I buy recycled goods. Plus they are darn good skissors and have lasted a long time.
on April 21, 2015
These work great as all-purpose scissors. I just wish they would quit growing legs and walking off. I've bought several pair, and they all seem to develop the urge to wander and I never see them again. Fiskars has a good thing going, because I'll keep buying these regardless of their propensity to roam.