BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by st vincent $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

Fiskars Axe and Knife Sharpener
Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on January 7, 2015
It definitely feels cheap when you get it, and maybe like you could break the thing with your big heavy axe one first use. I purchased this sharpener mainly for the fiskars axe and hatchet that I currently own - because, well - fiskars axe, fiskars sharpener. Must work well together, right? Made perfect sense. My axe was quite dull after a year's worth of use without sharpening. Honestly after the first session with this thing, I didn't think that my fingers would be in any danger if touching the blade to check for sharpness. I was wrong, as you can see from the photo. I can say with confidence, at least for fiskars axes and hatchets, that this sharpener definitely works. My tools are sharper than when I bought them, and back to cutting through wood like butter, and umm... my skin like water?
review image
33 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2016
Bought this to sharpen my Fiskars X27 axe and my Fiskars X7 hatchet, unfortunately the X27 axe will not slide through it freely, the slot does not seem wide enough for it. The sharpener is also very flimsy. I will say that it sharpens my X7 hatchet very well because the hatchet fits in it properly. I also wished that it was made a little bit larger for larger hands. The design does need improvement. It really is a 2 and a half star product but I'm giving it a 3 star because it sharpens my hatchet very well.
on December 4, 2014
I bought this to go along with a Fiskars Axe and Hatchet I purchased at the same time. It does a nice job putting a good edge on the axe heads and a knife I tried. It does struggle a bit with some of the rough points that show up on axe heads.

It is long enough to grip the sharpener firmly with your entire hand and work the blade through with your opposite. Make sure to place the sharpener on a hard sturdy surface to avoid accidents.

The plastic around the sharpeners is a little wide, which creates a tendency to slice into the plastic as you shape your blade. Ultimately this probably won't cause you any problems but it seems it could have been designed a little differently to prevent this.

Overall, this does an okay job. At the same price point better sharpeners exist and many experienced bladesmen will prefer a good whetting stone, also available at a comparable price.
on May 13, 2013
When it comes to the sharpening of this product it does a fairly decent job. I got it to sharpen a cheap hatchet and it seems to do a fairly decent job of that. However, when I received it in the shipping box the plastic hinge was broken off and the top plastic piece where the blade goes through was laying in the bottom of the box. Is this necessarily Fiskars fault? No. Am I saying this product is high quality? No. I feel as though the cheap hinge would have broken off at some point if it wouldn't have in the box. But, I don't feel like dealing with all the return and replace annoyance so I'll just superglue the plastic piece on and use it until I feel it's useless anymore. Basically, you get what you pay for. This is a cheap sharpener that will do a decent job sharpening things like axes and hatchets. But it's just not that high of quality in terms of the hinge put on for "easy cleaning". My advice to Fiskars. Put on a metal hinge and charge another dollar. Overall. If you just need something cheap to sharpen every once in a while, this will do. If you need to sharpen axes and hatches regularly, spend a little money for something of better quality.
on March 28, 2014
Had manufacturing problem with Ceramic wheels are not even . . .. makes sharping difficult if not impossible. One non- slip pad missing. Using Amazon returns with no problems will order another Axe and Knife Sharper and see if problems shows up again. Will update review after I receive new item.

Update: Okay, now have second item from Amazon Prime . . .. wow, was that fast and easy. Amazon exchange is extremely efficient. Now the problem. Same as last, the ceramic wheels are not even (well this time the non-slip pad is not missing). Will try and make this work for my shears. The non-slip pads are almost non existent (real small). Good idea but poor manufacturing controls. Do not recommend at this point. May have to send this one back too. Will update review after I test this one.

Update: Gave up on idea of "trying to make" this work and just sent it back (unused). Too bad, seemed like a good idea. Your mileage may vary depending on the quality control of the lot manufacturing. Purchased Lansky Dual Grit Sharpener (puck) instead (from Amazon). Nothing to go wrong . . . here simple is good.
on December 29, 2015
I really want to like this for two reasons: It's very inexpensive and it technically can sharpen most of your tools. I just felt like with a little better engineering and literally another dime spent on production this could've been twice as good. The rubber feet not only aren't rubber, but they'e a tenth of a gram of rubberish stuff and fall off. Some real grip on the bottom would make this a lot safer to use. The angle of the wheel can't be adjusted, so you'll get some ugly scraping a few mm up your edge depending on the width and angle of the edge you're sharpening. Doesn't bring anything to razor sharp even if you work it for twenty minutes,

But in summary this is definitely a way to get any tools you own too dull to use quickly back into safe working shape. Just not sure if this should be used on any expensive hand tools that you're proud of the finish on, or anything you need to be able to shave with.
on January 6, 2015
I've had good luck with Fiskars products in the past, and this model was recommended by MAC knives for maintaining the edges on their knives.

Does it sharpen? Yes, at least for me, worked pretty well on some knives that had gotten dull, but didn't have dings in the blades.

The item showed up in pieces in the package. It was shipped in a bubble wrap envelope, and I could see how post office handling might have bashed it apart. The plastic is really weak. The cover was off, and the sharpening wheels were out. I was able to reassemble, but one of the plastic tabs that holds the cover on was broken, so it doesn't snap into place. I fixed that with electrical tape.

The tiny feet fell out on the first use.

It works, but it's not really pleasurable to use. Feels slightly overpriced at $10
on August 27, 2016
This thing works great, my fiskar axe got some dings in it from a long session of whacking away at a tree, but ran it through this thing for about a minute and is sharp enough to shave with. One thing i will note though, it says its a axe sharpener, but i have 2 other axes (older ones) that are too wide to work with it, so keep that in mind if you are buying this by itself for any of your outdoor tools, if its kind of thick it may not work -_-.
on November 29, 2015
Not up to typical Fiskars quality. I purchased this to use on my new Fiskars 36" splitting axe but the slot is too narrow and the tip of the axe does not reach the sharpening wheels. It did work on a smaller hatchet I had lying around and produced a decent edge but the sharpener is made of flimsy plastic that fell apart on first use. Would be OK for light use on knives and small hatchets but it did not work for my Fiskars Axe.
on January 13, 2017
Best little sharpener I've found. It's small, simple, and does a better job of sharpening my knives than the larger ones. Just a few pulls through and the knife is ready to slice through a tomato.
I bought one of these in Paris for a friend whose electric sharpener wasn't functioning, and I'd committed to cooking dinner. Not one of their knives would chop an onion. The Fiskars did the trick.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.