Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Fiskars 8 Inch Multi Purpose Scissors
|Price:||$7.59 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ideal for freehand cutting on a wide variety of craft materials
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Ambidextrous handle provides excellent cutting control and sensitivity for right- and left-handed users
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I noticed several differences on the currently-shipping unit:
1) Under the logo imprinted on the blade, it no longer says "USA". No surprise there.
2) The blade steel is considerably thinner and the edges are rough cut.
3) The steel seems to be of poor quality. It has a less consistent texture and color than the US made pair, but I have to admit that may have something to do with their choice of finish...
4) The steel finish on my old pair was brushed, while the new has a linear rough cut appearance. You can clearly see the tooling marks on the steel. It looks and feels cheap.
5) The quality of the plastic used for the handles feels rougher, cheaper, and I noticed a couple rough edges left over from the molding process.
To be honest, I don't care where something is made as long as the quality is outstanding. It's clear, however, that since Fiskars moved manufacturing to China the scissors are no longer the quality item they used to be. The corner-cutting in materials and manufacturing quality are quite evident. If you want quality, look elsewhere.
The main differences - no longer are the blades connected with a steel rivet, rather they are now connected with a cheap screw and plastic end. The blades themselves, while they used to be stamped stainless, are no longer. The cut of the blade is much more haphazard than it used to be, and some of the angled cuts that would add to production cost are missing. The scissors used to open and close with a nice fluidity but these have sticky points. The feel of the orange handles comes across as cheaper than the old ones.
Don't be fooled by the good brand name of the past on this item.
While the dedicated right hand / left hand scissors are the actual classic Fiskars, revolutionary when they were first introduced, and the most comfortable, these simplified ones aren't far behind. Our family is mixed between right and left handers, so these ambidextrous ones suit everyone. They are more comfortable to hold than the other brand Fiskars knock offs, very durable, and they do fine in the dishwasher.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nice scissors, just the right length at 8" and like the orange color.Published 3 days ago by Eileen
I like the way these fit better than the other more common 8" multi purpose Fiskars. They are a little smaller and lighter so I have a little more control and less wear on my... Read morePublished 1 month ago by FSS
You can't go wrong with Fiskars shears. They fit your hand and stay sharp for years of service.Published 12 months ago by AD
We replaced our kitchen scissors with the Fiskars and they are a clear improvement over the generic version we have been using. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Bob C.