Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Fiskars Rain Barrel DiverterPro Kit" and save 30% off the $39.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Fiskars Rain Barrel DiverterPro Kit
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Patented design channels rain barrel overflow away from your house to protect the foundation
- Offers improved rainwater capture rate during heavier rains
- Fits standard 2 x 3 inch and 3 x 4 inch downspouts
- Includes 2 x 3 inch and 3 x 4 inch downspouts couplers, connector hose, rain barrel connector and filter (barrel and spout not included)
- Limited three-year warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Fits All Standard Gutters
Base diverter fits 3 x 4 inch downspout and included couplers fit 2 x 3 inch.
Eliminates Rain Barrel Overflow
Rechannels rainwater back down downspout to prevent overflow and damage to foundation.
Easy Clean Filter
Prevents debris from flowing into barrel. Removable filter for easy cleaning.
Fiskars promotes achievement and self-expression by focusing on easy to use, innovative tools to make gardening, cooking and crafting more enjoyable. The Fiskars brand is part of Fiskars Group, which was founded in Finland in 1649 and has become a leading functional and living products company with a strong brand portfolio including Fiskars, Iittala, Gerber, Wedgewood and Waterford.
Fiskars worry-free DiverterPro Rainwater Diverter filters out debris while always channeling overflow away from your house to protect the foundation. A patented design offers improved rainwater capture during heavy downpours, connection to multiple rain barrels, an easier-to-clean filter and easy winterization. Best of all, Fiskars diverter accommodates both standard downspout sizes. Download our installation guide to see how easy it is to add the DiverterPro Rainwater Diverter to your existing rain barrel system.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Fortunately, I noticed the potential problem with leakage at the connection of the fitting to a 2 x 3" downspout as I was installing this, and solved it with silicone sealant and extra sheet metal screws.
- The ports on either side of the unit for connecting hoses are split down the middle. I assume this is to increase flexibility, making it easier to attach the included hose. However, this also means that it leaks a bit. One layer of waterproof tape around the outside took care of this. Changing the design to use a barbed fitting would make more sense.
- I used this with the 2x3" downspout converter kit. The top is fine. The downspout fits inside the adapter. On the bottom, however, the same fitment causes it to leak at that junction. A little forethought and some silicone sealant during installation took care of this (used silicone for all connections). Again, design could be easily changed so that the adapter fits inside the downspout on the bottom, preventing leaks.
- During light rains, the diverter doesn't send as much water to the barrel as I had hoped. In theory, ALL the water should be diverted during a light rain. However, the removable screen/diverter just fits loosely in the housing and some water leaks through. Design could be improved to make a tighter seal, possibly using a gasket, while still being able to remove for cleaning.
- Why black? I would guess that 95% of downspouts are white. I would have been willing to spend a little more for white plastic from the manufacturer than live with black or have to paint it myself.
All in all, though, a great unit and certainly worth 4 stars. I'm just nit picking here so others will know exactly what to expect when they buy one.
Pros: fits 3"x4" downspout without needing the included adapters
Incudes all parts needed to hook up to a new rain barrel.
Screen helps keep material out of the barrel
Can view inside through the clear plastic cover
Cons: Takes some finessing to get a cut downspout to slide into the openings. Tip: squeeze the downspout corners to make them more square. You will need a hack saw to cut your downspout, which can be tricky to get a straight cut without jagged edges.
Is not as efficient at diverting water into the rain barrel as I expected, especially for water is falling down the front wall of the downspout.
Some minor leakage around the upper connection during heavy downpours.
The screen is the diverter mechanism. It has to go into the body correctly or will not work. Took me a couple of trys to get the first one right.
The height of the diverter hose has to be very close to the height of the rain barrel inlet. It can be slightly higher, but if too high the barrel will overflow and the unit will not divert excess water to the downspout. Too low and the water will not enter the rain barrel. Tip: Be sure to set your rain barrel first, then install the diverter at the corresponding height.
In summary, I like the units and they are doing their job fine. Glad they are installed and working, but I am not overly attached to them. If I had 2"x3" downspouts I might have chosen another design. (See my picture of the units to the right of this text under Customer Images.)