Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM
Fit and function in an Keurig B40? Does the Ecobrew fit and function in my B40 Keurig coffee brewer??
asked by Steven Fisher on January 1, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
It will fit and produce awful coffee and leak all over, causing your brand new machine to have coffee stains everywhere. Don't buy.
Steve answered on January 2, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It's true. If you don't know what you are doing, it will make either a mess or a cup of coffee that tastes like you don't know what you're doing. If you read the instructions and are willing to lose a few cups to experimentation, it will brew a decent cup. Assuming the lid seals, that is. We just got these today and started working with them in our B40. Used about 5 cupfuls before getting it dialed in.
David S. answered on January 5, 2012

A
I was using this for the 3rd time in my B40 and apparently I bent the needle in the black peice of the Keurig, causing us to go through several K-cups of hot chocolate for my kids before realizing it was messed up. We bent the needle back & it'll work, but there's no doubt that it's just a matter of time before I'll need to order that peice for the Keurig. I'm hesitant to use the ecobrew again...what did you do to ensure it was fitting right?
K. Zoll answered on January 8, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The needle should fit into one of the two indentations on the bottom of the EkoBrew. If you try to force it you're either going to puncture a hole in the bottom of the EkoBrew (which my husband did...grrr) or break the needle (thank goodness he didn't do that). I knew I was in trouble when he said to me "did you know there's a certain way that has to fit in the coffeemaker?" Yes dear, I did. :/
jlr answered on January 12, 2012

A
I just bought the B40 after trading in the mini and the ecobrew works great with them but not so well with the B40 IT LEAKS ALL OVER AND EVEN AFTER TAKING OUT TOP SEAL AROUND NEEDLE. IS THERE SOMETHING I NEED TO DO DIFFERENT?
tracey answered on January 13, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Works perfectly in our B40, you just have to be careful to align it so that the needle goes in the indention on the bottom of the Ekobrew. I just drop it in and rotate it until it drops all of the way down into place. Also, make sure there are no coffee grinds on the lip as you snap the lid closed on the Ekobrew.
sh837721 answered on January 18, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The problem is with the top of the ekobrew filter it opens up while its brewing, what u need to do is get the flat sink rubber washer from lowes the thinnest washer same size at the washer on the machine, take that one off put the one washer u buy on and place the machines washer over that, it will stop it from opening up,,,theres a blog from someone else that gives the item nbr on this washer but i cant find that blog...still looking for it but i'm sure the store will help you find it
Rosetta Ingenito answered on February 27, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The blog Rosetta is speaking of is in the reviews section of the Ekobrew.
Amazon Customer answered on June 19, 2012

A
I have the same result with my B40. Makes excellent coffee with no mess each cup when taking the precautions you mentioned.
R.Franz answered on September 18, 2012

A
Thank you!
MamaMcF answered on September 25, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product