Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on June 30, 2016
SO DISAPPOINTED! What happened to FitFlops? I've worn them for 10 years and loved them - sturdy, wear for a long time looking good, excellent arch support and reasonably stylish so can be worn anywhere casual. I bought a new pair this spring but returned them immediately. Not a soft spongy footbed - rigid and without any support at all. I thought must be the style I bought, so returned them for a different pair. And guess what - same rigid footbed without any support at all. Sorry that I cannot buy another pair of Fitflops as they have been my standard all these years, but they clearly are not the same product. I guess I'll just wear my Mephistos.
17 people found this helpful
on June 2, 2016
The padding on the upper is noticeably thinner in addition to the shape being more tapered vs. the classic “V” shape. Still cute, just a bit smaller and not as comfortable as the original. More "FLIP"Flop than "FIT"Flop
review image
19 people found this helpful
on May 17, 2017
I bought this sandal as a replacement for an identical pair of FitFlops that I actually still own-which are now almost 10 years old. Yes, these sandals are super comfy and hold up well. I wear a 7 or 7.5 in my shoes and the 7 is true to size. I wear mine as walking shoes, slippers, for quick errands/shopping and yard shoes. The sequins add a touch of sparkle/shine while the foot bed and sole tend to look a bit sportier. I can easily dress these sandals up or down with athletic wear or cute shorts and tops. After having my first pair for so long, I was impressed at how well the sequins held up to wear and tear as they didn't fall off and they still lay flat and symmetrical. However, I am slightly disappointed in the overall product as compared to my first pair. The new ones seem to be made from a different material than my old pair. The foot bed feels more hard, less pliable and "plasticy" as compared to the softer, rubbery feel of the first pair. Additionally, the foot bed is not nearly as contoured to my foot...the old ones have more arch support, the toe tips angle slightly upwards and they had a deeper "ridge" or "groove" under the toes which all combined... made the shoe feel more supportive and comfortable. They are cute and I hope they break-in as easily as my last pair ...so I am crossing my fingers and keeping them.
7 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 30, 2010
I've found that when I wear shoes with a heel (even a platform low heel), my feet get this weird numb feeling, for days after wearing (scary!). That does NOT happen with these shoes. I can wear them all day and night long (walking, dancing, standing) with no discomfort whatsoever. Seriously, these are my "go to" shoes - I wear them as often as possible. I'm picky about comfort and style and fit, and these shoes are perfect for me!

I happened upon these (in black) at a local store. I was looking for a nice pair of black sandals. I love Teva Mush (flip-flops), and various Birkenstock styles, but they are generally very casual looking (not quite sexy enough). I tried the FitFlop Electra on, along with Sketchers of a similar style. Both were comfy (and close in price), but I noticed the FitFlops felt "right". I bought them and have happily worn them almost every day since (6+ months). They still look great (I do flip a few sequins back into place every so often, just so they stay lined up). They are still immensely comfortable. And, thanks to their design, I can wash the part where my foot goes, if needed!

These are dressy enough to wear in the evening in the summer or while on vacation, and can also be worn with jeans or a nice cotton skirt. But, they're comfortable enough that you'll wanna wear them around the house, with sweatpants and a hoodie!

Don't be surprised if you find yourself looking to buy more clothes that will go with them, just so you can wear them more often ~ :)

Oh yeah, and they claim to burn more calories when you wear them. I want them in every color.

These sandals are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

UPDATE Aug 2012:
CAUTION!! These shoes are addictive! These were my first pair of FitFlops and certainly not my last! Currently, I have almost a dozen (4 in this style, walkstars, hoopers, the boots, the clogs, the sneakers...), and, these original pair still look pretty good after two years and lots of walking, dancing, sauntering, jaunting, and some hula-hooping! I've got a few friends and family members hooked, too! One friend had severe foot pain and was due to have surgery for plantar fascitis, but then I got her her 1st pair of FitFlops, and her pain went away! And, my mom told me, "I THOUGHT I wore comfy shoes UNTIL I tried a pair of FitFlops!" She's hooked, too! Caveat Emptor! :D

I rely on reviews here at Amazon to help me make informed buying choices. I hope this review has helped you in the same manner. If you voted this as helpful, I Thank You! :)
310 people found this helpful
|1111 comments|Report abuse
on April 2, 2018
I normally love FitFlops but this pair I do not. When I put the new pair of Classic Electra FitFlops on, I noticed my feet would try to slide out from under me. This happened on a variety of floor surfaces. When I compared them to an older pair that I have been wearing and to the others I have; I noticed the sole of the shoe is completely different material. All the others I have (and I have several different styles of FitFlops) have a rubber sole, this pair did not. I bought them the last week of February and waited for the weather to warm up to wear them. I missed the return window by two days. So be sure to check your purchase to make sure it works for you before the return window closes. (I did try this shoe on; more than once, just to make sure I wasn't imagining the sliding.) It wasn't my imagination.
on May 17, 2013
A cousin of mine turned me on to Fit Flops saying they were the most comfortable shoes she's ever had. She wore them when she was pregnant and has been wearing Fit Flips as her running around shoes ever since. I admit, I was skeptical to look into these. First off, I'm not a flip flop wearer. They aren't typically my comfy shoes of choice for two reasons: I don't like wearing anything between my toes and the other reason is most flips flops have no arch support. I know people who live in their flip flops--not my thing to be honest. I do occasionally wear flats, but by the end of the day, my back hurts from the lack of support originating from my feet. I occasionally have foot pain due to plantar fasciitis, I suspect from wearing unsupportive shoes and being a busy woman on the go all the time. Also, the price of Fit Flops, wow, certainly more costly than the pair you might buy at say, Old Navy. But summer is upon us, I love taking my kids to the beach, I need flip flops. I have a pair of leather thong's by Frye--a reputable brand---but zero arch support and again, that uncomfortable feeling of wearing something between my toes. After doing some research, I found these babies at a more affordable sale price. How could I pass up this tremendous sale?? Am I ever so happy to have these. They are truly the most comfortable shoes---I actually prefer to wear these as my everyday shoes (wishful thinking for a desk jockey with conservative dresscode!) The sole is cushioned and the arch support is perfect. I have noticeable relief from PF pain. I also don't feel that strange pain that comes with wearing thong sandals between my toes. Maybe because of the molded shape of the footbed, your feet don't slide around as much as they do with regular flip flops. Alas, these were worth what I paid and admit I would pay more for my future FitFlops. I also love the sequins, which adds a blingy, girly flare which suits me.
6 people found this helpful
on August 31, 2016
I love these shoes. Now they're the only ones I wear! I'm on my feet all day and without these shoes, I wouldn't make it. Last time I ordered my size 8 they fit perfect. These however do run a little small. I was so excited when they came I put them right on and went out and only then did I discover that they were small. ( only reason I gave this review a 4 star and not 5!) My heel hangs off just a bit but they are still wearable. Wish they came in 8 1/2! Worth each and every penny though.
on July 18, 2016
I was so excited to receive my 2nd pair of FitFlops. The first pair are so comfortable and can be worn all day without giving me foot pain. I wear a 7 1/2 in shoes, so I went down to a 7, and they fit well. Unfortunately, this pair is not the same. I measured the sole, and the new pair I purchased is a 3/4 inch shorter than the first size 7! I'm terribly disappointed that the sizes are not consistent. Also, this pair is not nearly as comfortable. I tried walking around in them, hoping the strap would loosen and I could get my foot farther in, but the sole was very uncomfortable. I decided I will just return them. I have not decided if I will try to order another pair.
One person found this helpful
on February 14, 2017
Shiny for sure, but like more than half of the FitFlops made recently, hard to keep on your feet because the toe loop is too high (unless you have very broad feet). I own about 25 pair of Fit Flops and basically the older styles are the only ones that fit. I'm surprised they aren't getting the word as many reviews state the same thing.
on April 21, 2018
I purchased these because I have had 3 other pairs of FitFlops which I adored and wore to death... I saw these and while not exactly like my other pairs ( Rokkit ), they were 1/3 the price so I figured I was getting a terrific bargain!
The part that goes between the toes and the part that covers the instep are cut differently than the Rokkits and I got a blister between my two toes on each foot.
Sadly I had thrown away the packaging , the paperwork etc, otherwise I would have returned them immediately.
Now I am out the cost of these and I still have no sandals.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.