Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 6, 2016
I have worn FitFlops for years now and always purchase the same size. This pair was shorter and narrower than any others. The length isn't too short, but my foot is wide and these shoes even looked too narrow. However, they felt comfortable enough that I considered keeping them anyway because I do love the material and color of this shoe. I have decided to send this pair back and will order in the next larger size. Hopefully they won't be too large so that I'm tripping over them. Would love to find Fitflops in half sizes...

Adding several photos attempting to show difference in sizes of old style versus new style. I think the older shoe is obvious in most of the photos, but just in case, the solid black shoe is the older one. In the photo that shows only the bottoms or soles of the shoes, the older one is on the left.
11 comment| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 9, 2013
FitFlop seems to offer 2 different footpads which are very different. Lulu has the newer style footpad which runs smaller and narrower. I usually wear a 7 1/2 wide and my toes hung off the side of the size 7 Lulu; it was also a bit too short. I tried the size 8 but it was a bit too long but still narrow and was loose under the toe strap. My biggest complaint is that the foot pad is harder than my other FitFlops so it doesn't give the same arch support. I like the footpad that has both a horizontal and vertical impression in the toe pad (original fit?) while the newer styles have a single arc impression in the toe pad. The single arc style runs shorter and narrower than the original fit but is probably is true to size in length. I have heel pain so the harder footpad doesn't work for me. I have 6 pairs of size 7 FitFlop sandals (original fit) and love them.
55 comments| 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 6, 2015
What happened to my old Fit Flops!? I love them and wear them constantly but these new ones have a much harder sole, a higher heel (very unstable), and are much narrower in the toes and have much less arch support. It was not much better than a flip flop. Too bad, had to send them back
11 comment| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 1, 2016
FitFlop has been the only flip flop I've been able to wear since I had ankle fusion surgery 6 yrs ago. I have two pins that go through the bottom of my foot which makes it impossible for me to wear anything with straps that attach inside rather than outside the footbed. FitFlops have good arch support, and, until recently, were a perfect width.

Now, the the shoe is narrower with a more pointed toe. The size I've always worn is too short & my toes hang off the sides. The next size up doesn't work either because the arch support falls in the wrong place & the straps are so much higher that the shoe would be too loose, regardless, plus, my toes still hang off the sides.

Formerly, there was a raised toe grip, which helped give your calves a good workout. (I'm assuming that, along with the curved footbed, was the "Fit" part of the name). Now, that's gone & there's just a slightly raised wave pattern.

In the pictures, the red shoe is a size 9 in the older style. The tan is size 10 in the new style. As you can see, they're virtually the same length, but the strap is much higher on the tan.

I can't tell you how bummed I am!

So, I'm sending these back & scouring the internet, hopefully, to find someone who still has some of the old style available.
review imagereview image
33 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 29, 2013
Bought these last minute for a two week trip to Italy. Was desperate for a comfortable walking sandal. They arrived the day before I left. They were amazing and required no 'break in' time. Never caused a blister. I wore them everyday and couldn't have been happier.
11 comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 8, 2013
This is the most wonderful shoe - ever. I had finally worn out my old trusty favorites and they really had to be dumped - beyond any further wearing. So I went on a search to replace them - I wanted comfort first, but also something a bit dressed up, go-anywhere, wear-with-anything and, because I'm a little person, I wanted a good thick sole as well. These looked good to me, very classic styling, and that broad instep panel would keep it snugly on my narrow foot. And being an old and frequent Amazon buyer, I had no hesitation - I knew I could send them back if they weren't what I wanted. The day they arrived I will mark on my calendar as life-changing - seriously, I will wear these for the rest of my life. The comfort from day one is incredible. There are three levels of density for the cushioned platform - the middle section being the softest, most cushiony shoe I've ever worn. I ordered this style as well as the Whirl thong Fitflop - and kept both. A month later I ordered another pair of the Lulu in this same color, as well as a pair in white (which is really a lovely neutral off-white). I wear a size 6 in an open sandal and a 6 and half in a closed shoe , and they fit perfectly. I'm a happy camper.
0Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 8, 2016
Finally, a flip flop that is supportive and comfortable! I have flat feet as well as peroneal tendonitis in my ankle. This was recommended by a podiatrist, so I decided to try it out. It fit perfectly out of the box and is comfortable for several hours. I got these specifically for indoor use only, so I have not tried them outside or running errands. However, for an active mom going up and down stairs and chasing kids, these have been great!
on January 16, 2018
I have numerous pairs of FitFlops, because I refuse to have bunion surgery and need some kind of day to day shoes that are comfortable and somewhat stylish.

But that's not all...I also started to wear these shoes when I had plantar fascitis some years ago. Although it lasted about a year, I have never had a relapse...I like to credit the Fit Flops--at least in part--because of the way they conform to my feet and support my high arch.

I am able to stand and walk (at normal pace) for many hours in fitflops with no distress. I use Adidas running shoes and Sketcher "hiking boots" for faster-paced and longer walks on pavement and uneven surfaces. I cannot wear regular flipflops at all because the soles are flat and have no arch support.

Recently I realized I could buy socks for my fitflops and was delighted to know that even on colder days (I live in California) I would be able to wear the fitflop of my choice with long pants!!

One more comment: Since my right foot is a bit shorter in length than my left foot, I purchase a size 9 in fitflops. That way it hugs my foot as I walk and provides more stability. I wear a 10 in regular shoes, but the fitflop 9 seems to work better for me. Certainly not recommending it as a choice for everyone. Wish the company made half-sizes...probably would be perfect!!!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 24, 2016
I wear a size 7 in most every shoe but the 7 in this pair of Fit Flops was a full size too large. After exchanging for the 6 I'm happy. This pair is to replace a pair I purchased about five years ago...those are tired and a bit stretched now but still giving their all in the yard. This brand is definitely worth the money! They look nice and have enough support to stand in or walk in all day. I paid $40 for a different brand and they are far inferior in comfort and support.

Thank you to Amazon for immediate turnaround on getting me the size 6!
on January 31, 2018
I love these! I have a size 5 in black-wanted theses cream ones as well. As many reviews have stated-SIZING IS NOT CONSISTENT-at all.
I am returning as they are WAY TOO LARGE for a 5 and are slipping around on my feet and I won't be able to wear them-unlike the other size 5 same shoe-different color- which i love-go figure? so very very annoying to find the brand you like and only have to return them time and time again (I've done this already once this year with Fit Flop's) very soon I will stop trying this crap shoot of finding the "right size" of this brand-it doesn't seem to exist.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.