Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,527 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,560 reviews
on June 9, 2013
FitFlop seems to offer 2 different footpads which are very different. Lulu has the newer style footpad which runs smaller and narrower. I usually wear a 7 1/2 wide and my toes hung off the side of the size 7 Lulu; it was also a bit too short. I tried the size 8 but it was a bit too long but still narrow and was loose under the toe strap. My biggest complaint is that the foot pad is harder than my other FitFlops so it doesn't give the same arch support. I like the footpad that has both a horizontal and vertical impression in the toe pad (original fit?) while the newer styles have a single arc impression in the toe pad. The single arc style runs shorter and narrower than the original fit but is probably is true to size in length. I have heel pain so the harder footpad doesn't work for me. I have 6 pairs of size 7 FitFlop sandals (original fit) and love them.
55 comments| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2016
I have worn FitFlops for years now and always purchase the same size. This pair was shorter and narrower than any others. The length isn't too short, but my foot is wide and these shoes even looked too narrow. However, they felt comfortable enough that I considered keeping them anyway because I do love the material and color of this shoe. I have decided to send this pair back and will order in the next larger size. Hopefully they won't be too large so that I'm tripping over them. Would love to find Fitflops in half sizes...

Adding several photos attempting to show difference in sizes of old style versus new style. I think the older shoe is obvious in most of the photos, but just in case, the solid black shoe is the older one. In the photo that shows only the bottoms or soles of the shoes, the older one is on the left.
on September 6, 2015
What happened to my old Fit Flops!? I love them and wear them constantly but these new ones have a much harder sole, a higher heel (very unstable), and are much narrower in the toes and have much less arch support. It was not much better than a flip flop. Too bad, had to send them back
on September 29, 2013
Bought these last minute for a two week trip to Italy. Was desperate for a comfortable walking sandal. They arrived the day before I left. They were amazing and required no 'break in' time. Never caused a blister. I wore them everyday and couldn't have been happier.
on March 15, 2016
I am traditionally an orthoheel flip flop wearer, so I expect great arch support and a quality shoe. This shoe exceeded all of my expectations. It is a kinder gentler support and the leather upper is like "buttah" love these and would come back for more. I will say this, I tried the adjustable upper fitflop with a buckle and didn't find it as comfortable as this fixed version.
on September 8, 2013
This is the most wonderful shoe - ever. I had finally worn out my old trusty favorites and they really had to be dumped - beyond any further wearing. So I went on a search to replace them - I wanted comfort first, but also something a bit dressed up, go-anywhere, wear-with-anything and, because I'm a little person, I wanted a good thick sole as well. These looked good to me, very classic styling, and that broad instep panel would keep it snugly on my narrow foot. And being an old and frequent Amazon buyer, I had no hesitation - I knew I could send them back if they weren't what I wanted. The day they arrived I will mark on my calendar as life-changing - seriously, I will wear these for the rest of my life. The comfort from day one is incredible. There are three levels of density for the cushioned platform - the middle section being the softest, most cushiony shoe I've ever worn. I ordered this style as well as the Whirl thong Fitflop - and kept both. A month later I ordered another pair of the Lulu in this same color, as well as a pair in white (which is really a lovely neutral off-white). I wear a size 6 in an open sandal and a 6 and half in a closed shoe , and they fit perfectly. I'm a happy camper.
on August 1, 2016
FitFlop has been the only flip flop I've been able to wear since I had ankle fusion surgery 6 yrs ago. I have two pins that go through the bottom of my foot which makes it impossible for me to wear anything with straps that attach inside rather than outside the footbed. FitFlops have good arch support, and, until recently, were a perfect width.

Now, the the shoe is narrower with a more pointed toe. The size I've always worn is too short & my toes hang off the sides. The next size up doesn't work either because the arch support falls in the wrong place & the straps are so much higher that the shoe would be too loose, regardless, plus, my toes still hang off the sides.

Formerly, there was a raised toe grip, which helped give your calves a good workout. (I'm assuming that, along with the curved footbed, was the "Fit" part of the name). Now, that's gone & there's just a slightly raised wave pattern.

In the pictures, the red shoe is a size 9 in the older style. The tan is size 10 in the new style. As you can see, they're virtually the same length, but the strap is much higher on the tan.

I can't tell you how bummed I am!

So, I'm sending these back & scouring the internet, hopefully, to find someone who still has some of the old style available.
review image review image
on March 8, 2016
Finally, a flip flop that is supportive and comfortable! I have flat feet as well as peroneal tendonitis in my ankle. This was recommended by a podiatrist, so I decided to try it out. It fit perfectly out of the box and is comfortable for several hours. I got these specifically for indoor use only, so I have not tried them outside or running errands. However, for an active mom going up and down stairs and chasing kids, these have been great!
on April 24, 2016
I wear a size 7 in most every shoe but the 7 in this pair of Fit Flops was a full size too large. After exchanging for the 6 I'm happy. This pair is to replace a pair I purchased about five years ago...those are tired and a bit stretched now but still giving their all in the yard. This brand is definitely worth the money! They look nice and have enough support to stand in or walk in all day. I paid $40 for a different brand and they are far inferior in comfort and support.

Thank you to Amazon for immediate turnaround on getting me the size 6!
on October 26, 2015
I really wanted to love these. My mom wears them and swears by them. But they were just to much shoe for a flip flop. The top part rubbed the top of my feet and they just felt bulky to me.
It could be that I am so use to my no support flat flip flops and could just take time to get used to.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.