Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 121 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 190 reviews
on August 14, 2013
I've been subscribing to Shape for some time now and decided to try something new because Shape really only features one new workout routine per issue. I like Fitness so much more than Shape. I still subscribe to both so I can make comparisons for a while before I cancel Shape. Shape seems to be more for girls under 25 and, well frankly, really makes me feel bad about myself. I'm never going to have "flat bikini ready abs" because I'm old with kids and unless I lose my mind and sell both of our family cars for a tummy tuck, I'm never wearing a bikini again.

Fitness seems to be geared more towards women with strong fitness goals of all ages. There are inspiring stories from real women who have changed their body or overcome serious heath problems, some product plugs and a small fashion section. I love the fitness tips, recipes and economical sample workouts (using equipment you have at home like chairs and your own body weight) more than anything else. I really like how challenging the exercises are too. Also, there are far less ads in Fitness than Shape, maybe because they don't have to pay big bucks for people like Kelly Osbourne on their cover. I love getting the new issues in the mail. In fact, I have made my own binder with clippings of my favorites from both magazines and already have more content in my binder from Fitness than from Shape. This is well worth $10 a year.

If anyone else has recommendations for other fitness magazines, I would LOVE to hear them.
on November 2, 2015
"fFitness" was one of the best publications I've ever subscribed to. The ads have become a bit more obtrusive recently, but the articles are still worth reading most of the time. I've been trying to withhold my opinion since "Fitness" merged with "Shape"--and I originally subscribed to "Fitness"--but I hesitate no longer. "Fitness" is barely hanging on by its nails. I've never seen an article about sex in past "Fitness" issues, and I really, really appreciated that, but now there are. There is more, too, that makes me reluctant to ever open the pages of this new "Shape" again, but I can't put my finger on them at the moment. When my subscription runs out, I will let it lie. I have no interest in this publication anymore. They've killed the best of "Fitness," and I would SO much rather have "Fitness" than a "Shape."

I'm only giving this five stars because I'm reviewing for "Fitness," not "Shape." Turn away now, sisters, and look elsewhere if you want something truly worth spending your time and money on to read.
on January 11, 2014
I saw several reviews putting down the women in the pictures and had to put in my two cents. I lost 30 lbs in 3 months using this magazine's workouts and eating tips, and no other source of input. I didn't bulk up, but there was no doubt I was fit...and the name of the magazine is Fitness, not Bulky Muscular Women. A few years after losing that weight, I decided I wanted more muscle. It is extremely difficult to put on the kind of muscle that you see in Fitness RX and other women's muscle mags. The women you see in Fitness, Self and most fashion magazines are a far more realistic example of what a woman will achieve with the average 3 - 5 x's a week, one hour or less fitness routine, and normal healthy eating without risky and expensive supplements. Just because these models aren't flexing doesn't mean they don't have muscle. The supplements and routine it takes to look like the women in the more hard core magazines usually isn't worth what it does to your body.
on May 30, 2015
"Fitness" magazine was great. I have been making an effort to get back into shape after being inactive for a while, and Fitness gave me lots of good exercise advice and other pointers for healthy living. Last month, I noticed that I started receiving "Shape" magazine instead. Apparently, Fitness magazine is out of print. I know all these magazines are similar (thin beautiful woman on cover , something about fixing your butt/thighs, etc.), but Shape seems more about looks and being "sexy" than Fitness did. I cancelled my subscription after receiving a second, very similar, issue of Shape. Just don't subscribe to Fitness magazine- it doesn't exist anymore!
on July 16, 2013
I like this magazine, for years I subscribed to shape and self but over time those became more about beauty products and clothing. Fitness has the most focus on actual fitness! They consistently give wonderful health, diet and work out tips! Now they are starting to introduce more beauty products/tips which Im not a fan of (I mean who needs an entire page filled with a models face...nothing to do with fitness) but as long as its not taking over the magazine which happened to other fitness magazines, I have no major complaints. They always have a few inspirational stories in the beginning which can offer people tips on how to slowly change your lifestyle! The workouts are effective and if you cant understand the written directions (which i cant always figure out, especially with exercises that call for 3 or more movements) they offer the videos online on their website! They also have great recipes!

All in all, I highly recommend this magazine for those wishing to lose weight, tighten and tone, or just work on your overall health!
on August 9, 2014
In general I really like Fitness magazine. It has good, well rounded and balanced articles for the majority of the time as well as some great product reviews. However I am very displeased with the way my subscription is being handled. Some months I don't get a magazine at all. Others times I get my copy two weeks after it has been on news stands. half the time I figure my subscription has run it course because of how infrequently I actually get my magazine delivered. The first few times I did not receive my magazine I contacted fitness for another one, but with how often it is happening it is a hassle to constantly have to remind a company to send me something i already paid for. Sorry Fitness, but if I want to read it, I'll buy it at the grocery store.
on August 13, 2013
This is actually a gift I bought for my sister. I also subscribe to this magazine. I like Fitness best out of all of the health magazines I have tried. Fitness seems to focus more on the average woman rather than putting high profile celebs on their cover like other magazines. This magazine always has reader stories that are easy to relate to. I like that this magazine includes workouts, recipes and fitness gear. I think that Fitness has the most normal sounding recipes. It's stuff I would actually eat. Most of the recipes in fitness magazines are really gross and too expensive for me to make anyway. Quinoa is like $10 bucks a pound. No thanks. Fitness also features workout clothes that you can actually afford. I really like this magazine and have recently re-subscribed. I bought a gift subscription for my sister and she loves it too.
on June 10, 2013
It's nice that it shows you different workouts other than doing your typical cardio at the gym. Magazine is fairly slim in length with average amount of ads. If this wasn't discounted deeply, I would have been disappointed. Check out the workouts while you are in line at the supermarket. Not a must-have magazine.

Edit* Sept 2013
I am downgrading my review from 3 star to 1 star. The introduction or table of contents is really long (runs up to the 11th page.)The last issues have had numerous ads. Magazine is really thin so the amount of ads versus the quality of reading material is atrocious. I think you get better results just googling workouts. Will not renew. Do not buy.
on February 22, 2014
This is my favorite magazine! I just recently realized I could buy subscriptions on Amazon. This magazine is for the "everyday / average" person. You don't have to be a fitness fanatic. There are weight loss success stories, product reviews, exercise tips, and always something for everyone to help get motivated to exercise. Just when I start to slack off, a magazine comes and I get inspired to get up and move (after I read the magazine of course)!
on May 12, 2014
I've read this magazine maybe once or twice in the past, I usually subscribe to Women's Health or other fitness magazines. Decided to give this a try and for the price of $5 for a year, please, it was totally worth it. I like that one issue is for two months. This gives me time to really read and dig into the morsels of good insight, advice, and tips that are loaded up in this magazine. I even purchased a subscription for my best friend...she loves it too! I will be back in the future for more.