Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only $29.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 7, 2010
This book is filled with common sense advice and some fantastic exercises. I'm 50 and in fairly good shape (I run, elliptical or bike for a half hour 5-6 days a week - plus I walk my dog for an hour each day). I've been experiencing "boomeritis" in recent months and was going from one injury to another. And half the time, the injury came about from doing simple tasks like tossing a ball for my dog or just getting out of bed in the morning. Vonda Wright is an orthopaedic surgeon so I trusted what she had to say - and again, the book is really filled with common sense advice. She gives great flexibility and strength training workouts and answered most of the questions I had about how to remain active when your body is starting to balk. It motivated me to incorporate a strength training workout into my usual routine, and I'm glad I did. The book is for anyone who enjoys being active (or is just starting out and wants to become active) and hopes to stay that way for a long time. I highly recommend this book.
22 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 8, 2015
This is an excellent reference with a lot of very practical information. My only comment is for those like me who like to mark pages, look at illustrations or flip back and forth through the book...I would recommend buying the paper version. She includes very specific instructions on the exercises and there are good illustrations. I bought the book for Kindle, and it is very difficult to find the pages I want. I have purchased again in paperback and am waiting for it to arrive.
on August 10, 2013
Found the book an easy read. Does not promise anything magical, but instead a sound structure that has a scientific basis to it. I have been focused in the past on aerobic and weight activities, now I realise stretching and balance is just as important as aerobics and weights for maintaining a healthy body. I think with all fitness activities the hardest part is getting started, reading this book should help you overcome that problem.
on March 4, 2009
I saw the author talking about the book on the 700 Club and bought it.
The book has the type of information I need as a senior citizen. Recently , I had an injury and had to be in physical therapy. This book explains a lot of the problems we face in aging.

If you don't maintain your strength in old age you will be subject to loss of balance and injury. As we age our muscles weaken, I had a dislocated knee due to loss of muscle tone.

This book is beneficial for the 40+ and essential for 60+.
on July 1, 2012
I expected more info about menopause issues. The book is fine, but aimed most to people who need motivation to get off the couch. I don't need to be convinced getting fit is good for me! Charts (which would have been helpful)are not found anywhere on the site of the book (actually, this site is absolutly helpless).
on September 23, 2017
Great
on September 9, 2010
The author is generous in sharing her experienced knowledge of physical conditioning with other master's and senior-games athletes.
The recommended daily stretching regimen for >65 year old javelin-throwing athletes (4 60-second holds for each stretch position)is impracticle and for me would consume over 3 hours per day. My stretching program with only 1 60-second-hold for each stretch position consumes about 58 minutes which is as much time as I want to invest.
on November 30, 2013
This book explains a lot about what goes on in your body after 40 and offers adaptations for excercises in order to keep your body moving and healthy without injury. It stresses the importance of "warming up" before excercising.
on November 13, 2013
This book talks a lot about running and those training for marathons as well as professional athletes. I din't find it very helpful. A lot of the information is either basic or not for the common person and normal goals.
on November 23, 2017
Great starting point to transition from that youth mentality that designed my work out to the mature stage of life.