- Paperback: 48 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (December 31, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1468153935
- ISBN-13: 978-1468153934
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.1 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 127 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,282,942 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
SEO Fitness Workbook, 2012 Edition: Your Step-by-step Guide to Dominating Google and Bing Paperback – December 31, 2011
|New from||Used from|
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel, "The Lying Game." See more
About the Author
Jason McDonald received his Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, and his B.A. from Harvard University. Since 1994, he has been active in Internet publishing - first, in hi-tech journalism and now teaching SEO, AdWords, and Social Media Marketing to marketers and small businesses. To date, over 1200 people have taken his online classes and over 23,000 people have taken his free webinars. Dr. McDonald believes passionately in explaining SEO, AdWords, and Social Media Marketing in layman's terms. His classes and workbooks explain the topics in easy, step-by-step fashion that anyone can follow.
Top customer reviews
The content of the workbook takes about two hours to digest, but the exercises should take several days with the proper amount of attention. If you have never tried to optimize your website for search results, then this is a good resource to move it to a better place. There are plenty of good ideas and the foundation is correct.
If you have done the basics and are wondering how the search engine algorithms are changing and how social media activity is being incorporated and accounted for in driving search results, then this book is probably not going to be very satisfying. However, no one may be able to give a definitive answer to that question, so searching for it may be equally frustrating.
So, the resources in the book are great and the framework for developing an effective SEO strategy are here, but a lot of this material is already available online for free. If you want to reward Jason for doing the work of pulling this all together, then buy his book.
- All content (no fluff).
- Relatively small number of pages hides the amount of content available via the links included. A serious reader should take the time to utilize the links, examples, videos, etc. to gain the full benefit of the book.
- Very good SEO basics.
- Short enough for busy people to get a good overview of SEO even if they don't read every word or use every link.
- Links to great SEO tools.
- Good examples you can download (wish there were more).
- Good intro on setting business goals.
- There is a section on Google Analytics, but it could be more detailed.
- Good for SEO beginners with website knowledge.
- Designed to be a class with homework assignments.
- Great worksheets available via links included in the book.
- No mention of Google Places.
- Could be organized for easier understanding [e.g., separate sections on Planning, On-Page SEO, Off-Page SEO (i.e., Backlinks, Social Media, etc.) and Google Analytics].
- Needs to connect business goals to keyword list development more clearly.
- I wish there were more examples.
- Bounces from relatively general information in some chapters to chapters with a lot of detail.
If you are new to SEO or experienced SEOer, this is an absolute "Must read book". For newbie's, there is a workbook that dedicated & walk you through all steps of SEO. If you are an experienced one, you know how many tools are out there, but never had time to get your hands on it to evaluate them yourself.
The author has done a great job to organize the material in this book in a very hierarchical manner that any experienced SEOer would implement in real world.
The tool part of this book is what sets this book apart from many other SEO books & makes this book a "must have". This section is organized with all important components of SEO & then for every component several tools have been introduced. But still it does not stop there. The author has scored each tool & what is the best, what works better, what is free & what is paid. Just this archive of tools alone can save you weeks and months of research on your own to find them & evaluate them.
Again, this is not a book to read cover to cover in a few days & send it to the shelf. This is a very well written practical & comprehensive book (specially the tool part). It is short, sweet to the point, without repeating the subjects over & over, which makes this book weights less on papers. It is most effective, when you play with these tools. one section may take you an hour to finish or even may be days, depending on your exposure & familiarity with these tools. The other advantage of this book is that it can be used as a reference material. In short if you are serious about SEO, get this book.