- File Size: 3791 KB
- Print Length: 223 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1522017143
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: June 23, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0724YR7SH
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #166,859 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $5.00 (38%)
Fitzwilliam Darcy: Earl of Matlock Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Although he and Lizzy's relationship does not start off as cantankerous as in the original, they do go through a period of adjustment, so to speak. It's never smooth sailing with these two.
If you are looking for suspense, intrigue and romance, you've come to the right place.
Our story begins at Netherfield. Jane and Elizabeth stay during their “trifling colds” (Elizabeth also has sick days). Darcy arrives after the Bingley party and doesn’t attend the Assembly. Thus, his initial acquaintance with the Bennets is this visit to Netherfield.
As the sisters Bennet recover, Darcy gets news from his Uncle’s solicitor. His Uncle Matlock, his older cousin (the Viscount) and his cousin’s children have died during a trip to the continent. His cousin the Colonel had died unexpectedly the year before. Without warning, Darcy is an Earl.
An unmarried Earl is even more a target of matchmaker Mothers. Lady Catherine and Caroline Bingley have the same “helpful” idea – Darcy must be betrothed.
Miss Bingley proposes a false betrothal (to herself, of course) until the newness is off of Darcy’s title and he is able to cope.
Darcy doesn’t fall for her scheme but he does see the possibilities and suggests a fake betrothal of his own: to Elizabeth Bennet. Surprisingly, she agrees and these two people for whom disguise is an abhorrence announce their courtship.
A lie told often enough becomes the truth. -- Vladimir Lenin
As soon as the betrothal becomes known, Elizabeth’s life is threatened.
Plot-wise and Regency-wise several things didn’t seem right:
1. Darcy visits Elizabeth in her sick room multiple times – without chaperone
2. Darcy is not well acquainted with the Earl or Viscount but was close friends with the Colonel and knows Lady Catherine very well. It seems odd he had not also spent time with the Earl.
3. Elizabeth and Georgiana are kidnapped. Lady Catherine persuades Elizabeth to call off her “engagement” in exchange for Lady Catherine paying her ransom – but at that point the kidnappers have gone. Wickham leaves without a problem and Elizabeth could just leave also.
This is an entertaining, well-written story, mostly free from grammar, homonym, and other errors.
Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you. -- Roger Ebert
Several events occur that increase the distance between the two. But by the time of Jane and Charles ' wedding all has improved. Unfortunately we still have Wickham, Caroline, and Lady Catherine to deal with. Who would have guessed that Caroline would be the easiest to deal with?
I do think the story was a bit disconnect in places, the London incident could have been fleshed out some to make it more cohesive.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics
- Books > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Books > Romance > Historical
- Books > Romance > Regency
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Classics > British & Irish
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance > Regency
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult