The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, Enhanced Edition: A Leadership Fable (J-B Lencioni Series) 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
- Page numbers are just like the physical edition
- Length: 239 pages
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
- Page Flip: Enabled
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Similar books to The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, Enhanced Edition: A Leadership Fable (J-B Lencioni Series)
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This book is a requirement for one level of ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence) at our company. I hope many people read it.
The reading is easy. It's easy to keep track of who's who (too many books think that they're being clever by having a zillion characters and then writing it off as character development). The real-world situations bring it to life -- not in a rosy, all-is-well, way, but how it would probably go down in similar situations.
The team is a high-level (i.e., senior) team, but certainly applies to lower level teams as well. There aren't a lot of exacting details on how to implement things, but I think that's the beauty of fables -- you have to work it into your own situation.
Team building has been so important in all of the above, but in my experience team building has been illusive, hit or miss. The modern myth is you must understand team because you are on a team.
Well, not so.
This book emphasizes clearly that your organization, business, board, committee or sporting team can accomplish so much more, if you purposefully work the elements of teamwork.
All teams, even the professionals, practice the fundamentals daily. KISS. This book begins with the simple premise that team work is founded on trust, but it must be practiced. So simple, but the case study that Lencioni uses demonstrates the workability of the premise. Make a plan to build a team and then consciously work your plan. Trust takes courage and determination.
All my past team experiences where I have been a player or a leader could have benefited from this book.
The story is written as a novel with a summary chapter to reinforce the message at the end of the story. I found it captivating. So much so that I sat in my driveway with the engine running....waiting to find out what was going to happen next.
I don't want to spoil the message...as others have. What I do want to point out is all the other parts of the story that helped reinforce what I need to do as a manager of people and also as a staff member with other executives -- besides eliminating the 5 dysfunctions.
If you are herding cats in your organization, this story is a lesson in aligning interests and setting priorities. Don't miss the 'reiterate a clear, consistent message' part of the story either...
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Human Resources > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Management
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Industries > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Management > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Management > Management Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Teams