The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, Enhanced Edition: A Leadership Fable (J-B Lencioni Series) 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
- Page numbers are just like the physical edition
- Length: 239 pages
- Word Wise: Enabled
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Similar books to The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, Enhanced Edition: A Leadership Fable (J-B Lencioni Series)
|New from||Used from|
Featured business titles
Sponsored by McGraw-Hill Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Finally, I bought the book and was excited to read it. I opened it up, and a cold shiver went down my spine. When I saw that the first section of the book was titled “The Fable” and written like story, I rolled my eyes thinking I just wasted my money. But I pushed through, and to my surprise, I really enjoyed this book.
I strictly read non-fiction. I have tried, but fiction does not appeal to me. I was tempted to read only the last section of the book which is in essay form, but I’m glad I didn’t. Lencioni can tell a convincing story while driving home the message without being cheesy or painfully obvious.
I definitely think this book would be good for anyone who has to lead a team. Teamwork is incredibly difficult, however it can provide amazing results. I can attest that the five dysfunctions are real and a challenge to overcome.
However, the fictional (non-empirical) idea that a manager can create such a team by kicking off the people who disagree violates the very trust and freedom from retaliation principles that are necessary at the base of the pyramid, and I believe this reflects the author's lack of actual experience at other than consulting.
I've read it once and listened to it on Audible twice. I give it to all the leaders I help develop and they all love it. It's easy reading, but presents it in a non-threatening way. Definitely should be required reading for all managers.
This book is divided into two parts, one is a narrative of the issues (aka dysfunctions) a team encountered with a new boss taking over, the second is a breakdown of the five dysfunctions and how, if left unchecked, they will affect a team. The author breaks down symptoms that will occur if left but also symptoms if fixed.
If you're in a hurry I would say you could skip to the second half of the book and jump right into the application phase, but you would be missing some of the foundation the author used in the first section.
A great read, introspective and informative, definitely add this to your collection!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I use this now in my team.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Human Resources > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Management
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Industries > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Management > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Management > Management Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Teams