Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Five Minute Journal: A Happier You in 5 Minutes a Day Hardcover – 2013
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"The Five Minute Journal is one of the simplest ways I have found to consistently ensure improving my well-being and happiness. Both in terms of achievement and actual measureable, quantifiable results."
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you're like me- this is the perfect answer! It truly takes 5 minutes to fill out the section and it is difficult to find an excuse NOT to do it each day.
After giving up for years, I was prompted by the book "The Miracle Morning" by Hal Elrod (a great book!) to take up journaling/scribing and found this wonderful journal.
A few things I love about this journal:
1) The through explanation of the science behind the carefully chosen daily prompts
2) The excellent quotes at the top of each day- they are carefully selected and truly motivational
3) The way it is clearly divided into a morning and an evening section
4) The beautiful cover- it feels like linen/cloth and it looks high quality and expensive
The best thing about this journal is that if you follow it the way it is intended- filling it out upon waking and before going to bed everyday- it will re-center you and provide balance and positivity to your life.
*The morning prompts are:
I am grateful for:
1) 2) 3)
What would make today great:
1) 2) 3)
Daily affirmations. I am...
*The evening prompts are:
3 amazing things that happened today:
1) 2) 3)
How could I have made today better?
Note: I like ending on a more positive note than focusing on what I didn't do well enough (even though that last question is phrased as positivity as possible), so I am considering adding my own question at the very bottom that says "What am I looking forward to tomorrow?"
BOTTOM LINE: I genuinely look forward to writing in this journal twice a day. This is a journal I really see myself completing for the entire year, for the first time in my life. This is great for people like me who have difficulties sticking to something, who would like a stepping stone to a more traditional journal, or who just want to focus on the positives in life and are looking for a tool to assist in becoming an all-around more emotionally balanced individual.
If you follow the instructions on this journal (don't skip the preface) you will start to change your way of thinking. Along with changing my eating habits and trying to appreciate the little things my life has been less stressful and I see myself being more positive. My resolution/goal this year was to cut out toxic people and toxic things and be more positive. This journal is one of the tools helping me achieve that. Thank you!
- It includes an introductory section that explains the brain science behind this habit, including an exercise to make a personal commitment and think of preemptive strategies to keep you on track (plan for success!);
- It covers multiple disciplines beyond just acknowledging gratitude: also encourages affirmations, daily goal visioning (which rewires the brain to focus on positive things), and random challenges for the sorts of things that seem simple but that we never seem to get around to doing. All bite-sized and very manageable to write every day;
- You write both a.m. and p.m. - in the morning, focusing on things that you are grateful for, and in the evening, things that happened on that specific day to celebrate. Makes gratitude more tangible/real. Also the p.m. section has a section for what could have made the day even better, which plants a seed in your mind for the next day or future.
- the hardcover is nice and the paper quality also, so it feels luxurious to write. I recommend using a nice pen. :-)
- it REALLY does only take 5 minutes, if that!
Most recent customer reviews
We’ve committed to the process and finding joy in taking the time in the am and pm to reflect.
Thanks so much!