Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Five Minute Journal: A Happier You in 5 Minutes a Day Hardcover – 2013
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"The Five Minute Journal is one of the simplest ways I have found to consistently ensure improving my well-being and happiness. Both in terms of achievement and actual measureable, quantifiable results."
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
If you're like me- this is the perfect answer! It truly takes 5 minutes to fill out the section and it is difficult to find an excuse NOT to do it each day.
After giving up for years, I was prompted by the book "The Miracle Morning" by Hal Elrod (a great book!) to take up journaling/scribing and found this wonderful journal.
A few things I love about this journal:
1) The through explanation of the science behind the carefully chosen daily prompts
2) The excellent quotes at the top of each day- they are carefully selected and truly motivational
3) The way it is clearly divided into a morning and an evening section
4) The beautiful cover- it feels like linen/cloth and it looks high quality and expensive
The best thing about this journal is that if you follow it the way it is intended- filling it out upon waking and before going to bed everyday- it will re-center you and provide balance and positivity to your life.
*The morning prompts are:
I am grateful for:
1) 2) 3)
What would make today great:
1) 2) 3)
Daily affirmations. I am...
*The evening prompts are:
3 amazing things that happened today:
1) 2) 3)
How could I have made today better?
Note: I like ending on a more positive note than focusing on what I didn't do well enough (even though that last question is phrased as positivity as possible), so I am considering adding my own question at the very bottom that says "What am I looking forward to tomorrow?"
BOTTOM LINE: I genuinely look forward to writing in this journal twice a day. This is a journal I really see myself completing for the entire year, for the first time in my life. This is great for people like me who have difficulties sticking to something, who would like a stepping stone to a more traditional journal, or who just want to focus on the positives in life and are looking for a tool to assist in becoming an all-around more emotionally balanced individual.
I loved it so much that I bought another one to gift it to a client who is going through some hard time to help her find more joy in her life. She loved it.
The two items that caused me to knock off a star are:
1. The price. $23 for a 6 month journal is pretty expensive and it seems like they could sell it for quite a bit less. But hey, it's a business & I get they need to make money.
2. It's a thick hardcover book with nowhere to clip a pen. I would love it if they made this as a paperback, made the cover thinner, of added some kind of loop to hold a pen. The cover is so thick that you can't clip a writing utensil anywhere to it, which I find inconvenient.
All in all, it's been a great purchase for me & I feel that it would be for others who would like to get more focus/clarity into their lives, but find that they are not good at maintaining a traditional daily journal.
- What I am grateful for...
- What Would Make Today Great...
- I am...
- What Amazing Things Happened Today
- What I Could've Done To Make Today Even Better...