Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on February 27, 2002
I found this book to be extremely helpful both personally and professionally. It is written clearly so that busy people, such as myself, can use the technique easily. It is down to earth and basic and at the same time explains in a readable fashion, how and why this method works. I am a psychotherapist and teacher and have taught the technique to students and clients, both adult and children. But most of all, I use it on myself often. It has helped me to cut down on my obsession with chocolate. It has helped reduce pain in my back. It has helped me feel much better over a loss I recently suffered. I could go on and on. It almost seems to easy and simple to be true--but it really does work!!
on June 15, 2006
I've been using energy tapping for several years. I went through two of Gary Craig's courses, then began buying books on the subject for further (and different) information. Gloria Arenson's book is simply the best. The reviews here cover most of what I was going to say, so I'll just add a paragraph.

First, the author lays eveything out in a clear, friendly, useful way. Second, she gives helpful examples instead of miraculous case histories. Third, she makes difficult exercises palatable. For instance, I have a hard time sincerely declaring forgiveness for childhood abuse; it never feels honest. But Gloria Arenson, in this neat little book, gives the option of saying something like "My happiness and well-being are no longer dependent on my mother's approval," which is much easier for me to say than "I understand my mother did the best she could with what she knew, so I forgive her."

Little things like this make Five Simple Steps unique. If you're interested in energy tapping, buy it! I ordered a copy for my husband so we can each brightline our own favorite information.
22 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Having purchased and watched the DVDs from Gary Craig regarding the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), I was curious as to whether Ms. Arenson's book would bring any additional insights into applying it; it certainly did. I particularly liked the large number of real-world examples that she cites. If you are interested in a highly practical book about applying EFT to address all sorts of issues, I highly recommend this one.
on December 11, 2007
I'd just like to echo the positive reviews. The author explains different types of Meridian therapies (I started with Gary Craig's EFT) and simplifies the process. It helped me to make sense out of the concepts and methods. Highly recommended and does not take long to read.
on November 12, 2010
This book features an exercise to re-establish your mind/body connection that involves rubbing energy centers on your body while giving yourself positive reenforcement. Like many people who purchased the book, I was skeptical at first, but found its contents to be somewhat helpful. However, I don't think it's the final answer for healing compulsions and anxiety because it requires too much conscious thought. The book helps you focus on accepting negative feeling, etc (as a part of you) but really I think a better analogy for healing would be releasing what you're holding onto. It's hard to let go of a problem when you're also accepting as a part of your being! Others may disagree with me, I'm sure. If this title works for you, then use it. For me it didn't.

If you're reading reviews for this book maybe you're in the same place I was, so I'll share some products that did help me:
Self-Esteem: A Proven Program of Cognitive Techniques for Assessing, Improving, and Maintaining Your Self-Esteem
Thoughts & Feelings: Taking Control of Your Moods and Your Life
Also, if you have an iPhone or iPod touch, type in "Andrew Johnson" on the App Store. His deep relaxation apps are great.
on June 16, 2009
It would be good to hear of more people who use this technique because it really does work. This is a technique you can call on at any time; you don't need to make an appointment with a therapist; you don't need to spend time with additional self help books. Just use the technique!
on September 12, 2012
Wonderfully helpful book. I really didn't expect it to work, but it immediately relieved some pain and anxiety that I had been struggling with for 2 months. It's been over a week and it hasn't come back. Thank you!
on August 31, 2008
I used this last evening, just reading the first couple of chapters and using the step-by-step how to's. And guess what? It works! I'm so grateful for the difference.

What was bothering me for weeks (dentist appointment) now doesn't get much of a reaction from me. Yesterday and the days before that I most probably would have said dentist appointment--AAAAAHHHH!

so, thanks, I'll be reading more of the book...

(BTW, for pain, I've been using magnetic therapy like Healing With MagnetsPain-Free with Magnet Therapy: Discover how Magnets can Help Relieve Arthritis, Sports Injuries, Fibromyalgia, and Chronic PainHoMedics MW-MHC TheraP Hot/Cold Therapy Eye Mask with the Power of Magnets and those relax my muscles too.The idea is tapping the energy centers on our body balances/removes the negative energy around us.

So, you think of the problem you'd like to get rid of, say an opposing affirmation you'd like to neutralize it with, then tap/rub the energy centers, and heal it away.

Well, try it. I did, I felt better right away. It's a nice skill to learn. Teach it to your kids, to your friends, family, it's easy and so simple to do.

To do it on animals, just imagine being your pet, and do the same process as your pet.

Best with your healings!
on July 30, 2010
I have used EFT (meridian therapy/emotional freedom techniques/acu-tapping) for perhaps 10 years, and helped start a local EFT group. This book is one of the best introductions to EFT, very calming and supportive for people with severe anxiety & trauma -- written by a psychotherapist with 30 years experience.
Gloria Arenson covers many issues, e.g. overcoming trauma, fear of rejection, self-sabotage, performance anxiety, financial stress, phobias & fears, panic attacks - as well as healing one's diseases, allergies and insomnia. It's a great introductory book, interspersed with illustrative case stories - e.g. a story about a dog with a swollen paw that returns to normal, as soon as the owner starts acu-tapping.
In our local group we also have had many miraculous stories, even with animals -- e.g. one of our members once tapped for a goldfish that was floating up-side-down, looking dead, and it recovered within minutes.
Gloria Arenson says: "when you make Meridian Therapy part of your daily life, you will experience more joy" and "it can be learned in minutes and relieve a lifetime of emotional pain"! Yes, agreed. The method can be so amazingly successful that it is hard to believe, until people start testing it themselves. The success rate seems to be above 80%, even for amateurs. Great book.
on February 13, 2014
Gloria Arenson has the best writing style of any self-help writer I've ever read. She captured my attention from the very first paragraph & kept me engaged until the end of the book. I was able to use her technique & have found it effective.