- File Size: 4377 KB
- Print Length: 251 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: City Owl Press (July 25, 2017)
- Publication Date: July 25, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B072N1B2C8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #412,839 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$13.99|
Save $10.00 (71%)
The Fix (If It's Broke Book 1) Kindle Edition
|Length: 251 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to The Fix (If It's Broke Book 1)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Ezra is a sober alcoholic the day he meets his best friend's soon to be sister-in-law and falls in love with her. He's a messed up guy, that's why he's an alcoholic, or he's an alcoholic because he's a messed up guy, or both, actually. But, he's in a much better place now that he's in recovery. He knows that to start a relationship when he's newly sober is not recommended. He can't help it, though, because Juliana is addicting, and so sweet that he can't help but fall for her.
I don't do spoilers, so just let me say that The Fix is a wonderful story. You'll fall in love with Ezra and Jules and their whole cast of friends and family. You'll be happy with them, and cringe along with the two of them as they get things right, and they get things wrong, and you'll get a peek inside a relationship with a recovering addict. It's not pretty, it's not sweet and romantic, but it is realistic and Ezra is a pretty amazing guy, for all his faults and even though he doesn't think he's such a great guy. You'll probably wish for a different, less vague ending, but it suits the realistic tone. I'm hoping for another book in this series, and that it might give us another peek into how Ezra and Jules and company are doing.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book received through NetGalley.
Juliana knows full well what a recovering addict's life is like. She knows that being in a relationship will be a challenge.
Erza's love for her is amazing. I loved his mind, even if at times I wanted him to get out of his mind and listen to those around him.
Ezra is struggling to restart his life, facing demons and trying to change his life from the direction it had been heading down. It's always refreshing to read a romance - and relationship - from the point of view of a male protagonist, and Ezra is no exception. That's not to say it isn't hard being in Ezra's head sometimes - he's troubled, low on confidence and beating himself up about the things he's done. Julianna is a ray of hope for him that he wasn't expecting, and it's sometimes tough to read him be so disbelieving that someone could feel for him what Julianna does. But that's also what makes him real because, as humans, we're so prone to questioning ourselves and those around us.
There are lighter moments, and it's nice to read the relationship grow between Julianna and Ezra, even while they battle with his admittedly self-destructive behaviour.
Rouse does a great job of exploring the good, the bad, the ins, the outs of a relationship that might be right, but maybe not right now. Ezra and Julianna are fighters; they're both stubborn and strong and willing to do what they ultimately think is right, even if they make mistakes along the way (and oh they do). But that's life, isn't it? And Rouse has captured that. There are no rose coloured glasses here, just an honest portrayal of a couple trying to be together when so many things seem to want to keep them apart.
I look forward to seeing what the rest of the 'If it's Broke' series brings us.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Saga
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > American
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Sagas
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Psychological
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary