Fixed Legs Meditation Bench Soft Top (Made in USA)
- Designed and handmade in the USA since 2001; Rotate meditation bench 180 degrees to change height and seat geometry; Ergonomic and comfortable; Fixed legs for stability; Hand-rubbed oil finish
- 9 x 18 inch seat with ultra comfortable multi-density pad; Large seat and broad legs provide comfort and stability; High quality woven fabric; Lifetime guarantee on woodwork; 30 days for refund or exchange
- SMALL: For smaller people who are very flexible (flexibility is more important than your height, see sizing test below)
- MEDIUM: Fits most people best (flexibility is more important than your height, see sizing test below)
- LARGE: For taller or larger people, longer legs, and those less flexible in knees, ankles, or hips. And those who use the bench on a thicker, softer surface like a zabuton (flexibility is more important than your height, see sizing test below)
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Bench Sizing Test: To simulate the sitting height of our benches you can sit on a stack of smaller sized books with your legs on either side of them in the kneeling position. Make the stack the same height as listed below for the bench size you are considering.- 7 3/4 inches to simulate the Large
- 7 1/4 inches to simulate the Medium
- 7 inches to simulate the Small
These heights simulate the sitting height of our bench when used in its lower position. When using the higher side of our bench you’ll sit about 1/4 inch higher.
Meditation Bench with Dual Height & Curved Legs is designed to prolong comfort & concentration by providing erect spinal posture during meditation. Multi-radius rounded legs allow fine adjustment to angle & height of seat before signs of fatigue begin. You’ll meditate for longer periods & with deeper focus than when using an ordinary bench. Our bench is helpful for people who are learning to meditate, want to deepen or lengthen their current practice, or are dealing with back, or neck pain. .
We fulfill our own orders and do not offer Prime because we prefer to take care of our customers directly for refunds, exchanges, or custom orders.
If you are not completely satisfied with your bench, you may return it for a full refund of the product cost or exchange it for a different size in the first 30 days after purchase. In both cases, you will be responsible for the shipping cost if you return a bench to us. If you exchange for another size, shipping is free for the second bench.
The bench usually weighs less than 4 pounds. Our wood is chosen for its light weight & strength. The multi-density cushion is made of high quality foams. All of our fabrics are of highest quality.
The original dual height meditation bench is handmade in California, USA by a meditator for meditators.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Roll up a towel and put it under your ankle joints for support, or...
2) Angle your toes slightly inward, so that your toes slightly overlap but your heals remain distant, or...
3) Sit with your feet parallel and develop some flexibility in those ankle joints!
4) Put some form of padding beneath your knee's (obviously not an ankle issue, but still)
Initially I wanted a bench that folded (for convenience) but am now glad that I got this one instead. I can focus on my meditation and not wonder if the bench is going to collapse beneath me if I move the wrong way.
Lastly, they have some free instructional videos on their "Joy is Within You" website. I found these to be helpful as well.
I struggled to find one that was rated for someone my size 6'5" tall (1.95m) and 275lbs. (124.73kg) and very few reviews listed actual size ratings. This was the biggest one I could find, and so I took the plunge, and am very pleased. I can easily get my legs beneath me and am comfortable sitting for more than 45 minutes at a stretch. The seat is very comfortable, and the padding doesn't totally collapse below me which others have done. The slight rocker cut to the bottom of the legs allows me to find a good stable position whether the bench rests on carpet or wooden floors. The build itself is very sturdy, with the legs "rabitted" in (set into snug fitting groves in the base) rather than surface mounted, so there is no wiggle or squeak to the bench, even if I get fidgety getting settled. The fabric material over the padding has proven to be very durable.
If I could give it six stars I would, this is a great meditation bench!
As far as meditation goes, it is so very helpful. I love sitting in a kneeling position to meditate but my knees can only handle it for so long, so I got the stool so I could try for longer sessions. There is no pressure on my knees while using this stool and that is exactly why i purchased it, so no complaints! I would recommend this to anyone who wants to try some mindfulness meditation but is having problems staying comfortable.
It's great quality and lightweight so easy to carry around. Not that I take it out of the house, but I can't just leave it on the floor or my toddler will get it dirty, so I have to put it up somewhere when I am finished.
This bench is phenomenal! I am so very happy with my purchase. I am about 6'1" and I went with the large size and am very happy that I did. The bench design is beautiful and the bench is crafted with care and love! I really enjoy the two different heights, sometimes I like to sit in Burmese style with my legs out in front of me and the lower height makes everything line up perfectly. I use the bench for meditation and as my chair for my coffee table desk. Everything fits so perfectly and naturally, the bench is the most ergonomic chair you could ever find!
Thank you so much to the builders of the bench, it is wonderful to find such a quality product that I plan to keep in my home for a lifetime! <3