Fjallraven - Kanken Classic Pack, Heritage and Responsibility Since 1960
|Price:||$65.00 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$15.00 (19%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ICONIC SCANDINAVIAN DESIGN: The Fjallraven Kanken is a classic school pack that has been in style since 1978.
- PRACTICAL AND ATTRACTIVE MATERIALS: Made from dirt-resistant and water-resistant Vinylon F that can be wiped clean, the Kanken handles every adventure with ease.
- FORM AND FUNCTION: The Kanken has a 16L volume with two-way zip-around closure and rain flip. Inside the pack is a sleeve that fits most 15” laptops, plus a content information tag for personalization.
- VERSATILE AND ACCESSIBLE: There is a front zipper compartment and two easily accessible side pockets. Featuring adjustable ergonomic woven shoulder “X” design straps and dual top snap handles for easy carrying. Specs; 15” x 10.6” x 5.1” ; weighs 0.64 lbs
- SUSTAINABILITY AND HERITAGE SINCE 1960: Started in the 1950’s, in Northern Sweden by 14-year old Ake Nordin’s idea to simply improve backpack design, Fjallraven has now expanded to every corner of the world.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Straight backs are happy backs. Kanken was launched in 1978 to spare the backs of school children. Back problems had begun to appear in increasingly younger age groups and shoulder bags were popular. Kanken has many simple, clear functions. The backpack soon became a common sight at pre-schools and nature schools around the country. The idea of using a backpack quickly spread, as did Kanken. It is just as popular today, and an excellent choice for school, outings or biking to work. Kanken is made out of durable, lightweight Vinylon F. The large main compartment with a large opening makes it easy to put in/take out items. Two side pockets and a zippered pocket in the front. Handle at the top, narrow, supple shoulder straps, sitting pad in the pocket in the back and logo that doubles as a reflector.
Color: Air Blue
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Anyone, check out the photos and video I've added showing the differences between the real (navy) and fake (graphite) Kånkens I received.
I absolutely, absolutely love my Kanken. The material these backpacks are made out of is completely liquid-proof. For reference, yesterday, a cup of barbecue exploded in my small front pocket, and the mess has stayed inside that one pocket. From the outside you wouldn't even know what happened, which is why I was quite bewildered when I reached my hand into the small pocket and my fingers came back sticky.
The only downside I can think of when it comes down to this backpack is that I should have gotten a larger, 17-inch one for my laptop, but that's my own fault. I've had my Kanken for 2 months now, and so far I love it. Because I carry my backpack almost everywhere with me (I'm a college student), it has picked up a lot of dirt and scuff marks; I wouldn't consider this a downside, though, because the material is so supreme. I know that I can wash my Kanken when I feel like it is time to (and with the exploded barbecue, getting it clean ASAP is a priority). Many other people mention that there is a lack of extra pockets, and the side pockets are fairly small; I do agree and I can vouch for the lack of extra pockets inside the main large pocket. However, in my experience with using this bag, I'm really glad it doesn't have too many pockets. This way I know where everything is and I'm not rifling through each pocket looking for an item I misplaced -- it's all right there. The side pockets are a bit annoying, but I've found that I can put just about anything that is miscellaneous and small in those.
I recommend Kanken backpacks to anyone and everyone who wants a durable, weatherproof, and fairly roomy backpack. It carries a pretty large amount of stuff (I've had to stuff it some days!) and carries weight quite well. Consider the fact also that there are many beautiful colors to pick from! The photo of the Ocean Green color is extremely misleading, so I've attached a photo of what mine looks like in daylight, and in a classroom. It is a vibrant, turquoise-y/teal blue-green.