Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Hardcover|Change
Price:$15.00+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 35 reviews
If you like flea market finds, this book has quirky, eccentric design. I like finding antique treasures, but these rooms weren't exactly my taste. I purchased the book for a class on budget decorating. There weren't that many rooms I used to show the class. It's a niche style - but if you appreciate the look on the cover, you might love this book.
on April 24, 2017
Pretty and inspirational if you want to decorate your house in your own unique way. There are better books, but it fits into my collection
on July 8, 2007
This book has some really good ideas as far as example rooms set up for you to go gaga over, but only an upholsterer could really carry through with a lot of these ideas. It shows some samples of remarkable flea market finds though. I personally thought that a lot of the spaces that were set up in the book were too cluttered and not usable realistically.
on July 8, 2009
This book contains a lot of nice pictures of flea market findings - first categorized in type of object (furniture, glassware), later on type of room (bedroom, kitchen). The pictures are wonderful and are beautifully styled. The good thing about this book is that it actually covers a lot of different styles (retro, factory, shabby chic) as well as the other themes. This book makes me want to run out to the nearest flea market and totally remake my home!
on November 1, 2009
One of the most engaging home styling books I've ever read, and that's a lot. It has that certain Euro-feel that is so charming, especially to this Dallas, Texan who is a follower of several international design/stylist's blogs as well as ones here in the USA. So if you like that type of thing, you will adore this book.
on February 23, 2010
I bought this book as a gift for my sister-in-law but ended up reading the whole thing... and keeping it for myself. So, I had to buy another for her. It is a wonderful book with beautiful pictures that inspire my decorating efforts. LOVE THIS BOOK.
on April 23, 2010
I found the book very useful for decorating and furnishing the home without spending much, which is very helpful in the current global economy situation. It shows the reader how you can save, recycle and turn trash to treasure.
on August 30, 2010
I really looked forward to receiving this book but unfortunately it turned out to be more middle of the road than expected. There wasn't anything earth shattering or new or even especially lovely about it. Perhaps there are just too many books out there in the market these days but really , I was so disappointed in this. I recommend checking to see if you library has it rather than buying.
on August 20, 2012
I generally find something I like in every design book, being a design junkie. I can find inspiration under a rock but this book was so dull it took me almost a month to get through it, that's how boring it is. The text in it, nothing I haven't read already in the other 25+ design books I've purchased this year. There was no new information and for the most part the pictures were uninspiring. I bought this book at the same time I purchased the authors other book, 'Modern Vintage Style'. So far that book seems to be an improvement but I'm not finished reading it yet and will put up a review separately for that book. I wish I had taken some of the other reviews more seriously and not have purchased this book.
on January 24, 2011
This book gives several ideas for designing any type of space in your home. The ideas look well thought out and fashionable. Nothing is tacky or dingy looking here! You will want to scout for new finds and learn how to incorporate them beautifully in your home. This book shows how and its budget friendly!