BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on March 1, 2015
I love these!! I can be pretty clumsy, and have never liked to wear dresses or skirts because of my fear of accidentally flashing too much. Since getting these, however, I've worn skirts and felt at ease! I've actually bought a second pair, that's how much I love them.

They're super comfy, the lace doesn't ride up, and they give me a sleeker silhouette overall. They are also very useful for when you need to tuck a blouse into a pencil skirt - simply tuck the blouse into these shorts, and they smooth everything out so that there aren't any fabric bumps or wrinkles under your skirt!

I thought they seemed a little pricey but honestly they've been a wardrobe changer for me. I've been having so much fun wearing skirts and dresses without fretting about flashing too much, and honestly if a little bit of the lace peeks out when I bend over or whatever I think it could even look all right. I'd definitely recommend these!
on July 5, 2015
I am using these to try and avoid the dreaded "chub-rub" many girls get. I work very long shifts in the hositality industry, so I am constantly standing and walking around for 12+ hours. I used these shorts for the first time last night. When I pulled them out of their packaging, my first thought was (unfortunately) how they remind me of granny panties or something similar. The lace at the bottom is not as soft as I wanted it to be, but it isn't even noticeable when wearing them.

At first they rolled a little at the waist when I bent down or sat, but after some readjusting (and generally breaking in the fabric) that has stopped so far. They hit me at about mid thigh, so I would never wear these under shorts or short skirts, but knee length and longer would be fine. I actually wore these under my work pants last night- one of my big issues is that I have thick thighs. The very tops of my inner thighs rub together a lot, and it has gotten so bad in the past that I would limp! These put a stop to that. Only at the very end of my 14 hour shift did I begin to feel even a little rubbing at the tops of my thighs, and if I had gone to the bathroom and readjusted the fabric it probably would have stopped.

I ordered an XL, and I wear a size 16-20, depending on the brand.
on July 30, 2013
These create a big indent in your skin when the upper fabric attaches with the lace fabric, they didn't use stretchy thread. I suppose if you have rock hard thighs it might not be to bad, but it is very noticeable if you don't, the line is visible under clothes.
on May 21, 2015
Unlike other reviewers, I did experience the waist rolling down, but the pros outweigh that one con. They're surprisingly high-quality, especially for the price, and they're comfortable all day long (again, aside from the waist roll issue). I like the length - they're perfect for fighting "chub rub," which is actually what I bought them for. And while I'm not usually into lace, that detail makes them feel a little more special that the average shaper shorts. I also have them in black and I'll buy them in every color they come in!
on April 25, 2013
I love shorts like these. Everything is ideal about these pants except the design of the crotch, they kinda ride up and cause some uncomfortable cameltoe action. I reckon they may just need some breaking in, but I might end up sewing a crotch panel in there for more comfort. And maybe even cutting out the liner. Other than that, I'm pleased!
on June 2, 2011
I love these, they do not constrict much, smooth me, keep my thighs from rubbing together and the lace is cute so if it peeks out on accident its less embarrassing than with spanx
on August 26, 2014
I used to hate wearing skirts or dresses of any kind because, although I am not overweight, my thighs still rub. And let's face it, when you have constant skin on skin contact, there is going to be a lot of heat which will inevitably cause unpleasant sweat in that area. These shorts take care of that problem. And if you have on a skirt that goes above your knees, these look cute if they peek out when the wind happens to blow or if you accidentally don't sit like a lady. They were a little more compression like than I was expecting so I wish I would have ordered a size bigger. They still work for me but it gets a little uncomfortable around my stomach by the end of the day. I am 5'4" and weigh 130 pounds with a little extra in the form of love handles but narrow hips and mostly an athletic build. I normally wear smalls so I ordered a small but I would order a medium the next time so it wouldn't be so tight around my "gut.".
on May 11, 2016
I can't recall the last time, if ever, that I left such a low-star review, especially in regard to Maidenform (sad to say). Not only do these leave visible lines (through leggings) at the place where the lace ends, once I wore them for a longer period of time than standing (and checking them out in a mirror), they rolled over at the waist no matter what position I took, other than standing. Getting into the car, bending EVER so slightly to look at something on a magazine rack, even coughing(!); these are just a no-go. Unfortunately, I bought these quite awhile ago, in anticipation of weight loss, but once they fit, THAT is when I saw the problems, so I could not return them. (I'm not even sure if this kind of item IS returnable.) I will try them on again after I lose another 5 pounds, and if the result is better, I will update this review. I sure hope this helps anyone contemplating buying these; I do feel badly about leaving a low rating for a brand with which I've ALWAYS had excellent results. Thank you!
on April 25, 2015
Go with your actual size, based on the size chart offered, and despite the image showing the shorts sitting below the belly button, measure your actual waistline (where you dip in naturally above the naval). I made the mistake of measuring lower, and ordering too large of a size. Partially based on having read reviews of many many MANY shapewears across Amazon, and the majority saying "order a size or two larger". Do not do that. At least, if you want firming and shaping. And partially because I measured lower than I should have, giving me a larger number than is true. I should have gotten a medium, not a large.

The large is quite comfy, really, but not performing as shapewear. They fit like comfy bike shorts, and nothing more. They are nice and smooth and soft, but nothing is being firmed or tamed or shaped in any way. The construction and material seem like they should perform that function, so I do believe it is that they are merely the wrong size and just too roomy for me. However, I had ordered another brand of shapewear at the same time as these that do fit that bill, and will work for the event for which I need shapewear, so, these will actually be good when I only want a little "peekabo" protection under skirts or dresses, but not the firming effect. So, in that regard, I really like these. I don't know if these are considered "unreturnable intimate wear" or not, and had thought to contact the seller to find out, but I have decided that I will keep them. They may not serve the purpose for which I initially bought them for, but they will come in handy for other things.

I didn't give a full 5 stars only because I cannot attest to their firming/shaping abilities, but that fault lies with me, not the product.
on May 15, 2016
Exceeded my expectations, comfortable, medium firm support, breathable, does not roll up at the cuffs and looks great under a skirt (like a lace slip). The lace is fine, not coarse, so it does not show through when worn under tights. When I first put it on, I thought it might be too snug but it was exactly right in size, also made my lower back feel somewhat supported. The waist was the right height - not low and not too high so it did not roll either. A winner. I may buy in a different color if available.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.