flexi Durabelt Retractable Belt Dog Leash
- Made in Germany & Covered by 2 year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Retractable Belt Dog Leash Extends up to 16 Feet
- Supports Dogs up to 44 Pounds
- Packaging Includes Safety Collar & Directions Pamphlet
- Product Dimensions: 5.60 x 4.00 x 1.30
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Color: Black | Size: Small
Top Customer Reviews
- Durable belt and in my opinion, simply better than the retractable string leashes. On my old black leash, my nephew accidentally cut part of the belt with scissors trying to untangle it (so that he wouldn't get into trouble) but even though there's a slight slit in the belt, it's still working just fine.
- Case is durable as well - I've already dropped the leash a few times and it just has a few scratches and working very well. I once got a freebie retractable string/cord leash and it broke very quickly.
- 16 feet is plenty long for my dog who loves to sniff around. It gives him the freedom to roam but I don't have to worry about him running off.
- The lock feature varies from Flexi leash to Flexi leash. With this red Flexi leash that I got, the lock is very tough to push up before it clicks and locks. That wasn't the case with my old Flexi leash. I ended up going to Petsmart to see how the other leashes were and it seems that the tightness/tension of the lock varies even within the same product.
- This is based on my previous experience, but the leash can start to smell over time and it seems like washing/cleaning might only do so much before the smell returns (like an old rag).
Reason for 4 Stars:
- I couldn't quite give this product 5 stars since it's not perfect. At the same time, it's a product I'll most likely buy again and worth the cost so it's certainly more than 3 stars.Read more ›
This was the first retractable I've ever used and it took a few walks to get used to but retractables are truly an awesome invention. It did slip out of my hand on one of the first few walks but I think that was more of me getting used to it when our dog hit the end of the leash than the products fault. To be safe, I wrapped some tennis racket grip tape around the handle and it added that extra grip we were looking for.
That's right- we're on our third one in two years! Reason being that while this leash has never caused any problems or failed on us, we feel that after so many times of hitting the end of the leash so hard (we may or may not partake in a little varmint hunting on the bike every now and then ;) it's got to be just a matter of time until the leash snaps out of the handle (again- not one of them ever has) so we figured why not have that extra piece of mind that our dog is safe and give the old ones to friends and family that aren't using the leash like we are.
Bottom line- we have put this leash to the test and it holds up well!
All the reviews that say the handle is too small are correct. I have large hands (I assume now that my first leash was for a "large" dog, but it worked for me and my 17lb. Cairn Terrier just fine). The size of the handle is not that bad while just holding it, but as soon as I want to flip the lock up, I have to choke up on the handle to lower my index finger or else my index finger practically seizes up while trying to lock the leash. It is EXTREMELY uncomfortable.I can't imagine why the handle size has to be relative to the cord strength. This really needs to be re-evaluated.
Also, yes, the safety collar is useless. You would think, since the handle size is relative, the collar would be too. It's way too big for my dog's head. Why isn't it adjustable?? I wouldn't even care about the collar (never used one with my last leash, no problems) but Flexi makes such a huge deal about using one you think it would work!
I guess I am going to deal with this until it breaks (or I hurt my finger!) because I don't want to spend money on another one, but it really is a poorly designed leash.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This leash is very strong and sturdy. I got another retractable leash that broke within 5 uses! The only thing that I would change is the holding part is only big enough to fit 3... Read morePublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
This is the Durabelt leash, made in Germany and rated for a 150 pound dog. My little dog weighs umm, like 12 pounds. Why did I buy the large instead of the small? Read morePublished 3 days ago by Mike in Al
This review is for the large/XL version. I ordered this back in Dec 2014 and have been using it ever since. Read morePublished 6 days ago by gunfiter
Love this item! It's actually the second time we have bought this exact leash!Published 9 days ago by Paul Gray
Gotta watch cause dogs can chew through this pretty easy. Doesn't seem like the cord is sturdy enough, even for a small pet...Published 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
Great leash, very durable and can maintain my crazy mastiff puppy. I like this brand and will buy again.Published 13 days ago by Amazon Customer
After my sisters lab saw a rabbit and the cheapo thin rope style leash popped off like it wasn't even attached she bought this.
Very strong and a good size. Read more
The retraction works well, except it is supposed to have some sort of belt material to make it more durable. It is very lightweight and thin. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Elizabeth