Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on July 23, 2013
I recommend that you get one of these or something similar that has flexible legs, which can grab onto something. It is because Bloggie has only one tripod attachment at the bottom--meaning you can only use an inflexible tripod for a portrait image (vertical). If you would like to use a tripod to shoot a landscape image (horizontal), you would need something like this to attach to something. I am using it by mounting it on the back of a chair. However, I have to use velcro belts to keep it steady, or the whole thing would fall easily. The construction of the product is not for a long term use either.

Here is the problem . . . Sony has not fixed the problem with vertical image, which causes the image to be a narrow strip when you start recording with Bloggie in a vertical position. You cannot use this "strip" image for anything (someone posted a review with a video on this problem under Bloggie, and it is still true as of today, 7/13). This means that a normal tripod would be useless.

The following is just an idea because I have not used this product, but for a 2 cents worth . . . : An alternative choice could be a "Pic Stand" (picstand.com), for which I have recently seen a commercial. It is not a tripod. It is just an extendable stick to hold a smartphone, so that recording will be much more steady than holding it with your hand. It can hold a Bloggie or a smartphone in a horizontal position. You just need to hold it or secure it somehow. Probably, amazon will carry it soon, if not already.
on February 13, 2012
I have a Sony Bloggie Touch MHS-TS10. I'm a professional tennis instructor and the reason I bought the Gripster is to film my daughter and other tennis students while they practice.

I just wrap it around the pipe on an chain link fence or on the chain link itself on the side of the court, and ten seconds later, max, and I am ready to go. I can set the Gripster on the court score-post over the net post, or even on the ball basket or my ball cart. It's sturdy and doesn't move. I'm more than happy with it. I'm thrilled. Works better than I had hoped. The plastic-rubber material is flexible and strong.

Now I don't go to the court without it. I'm even going to buy its bigger brother for my still camera.

Buy it. You won't regret it.
I am glad to have purchased this product. It's easy to use and does the job by holding my camera still. It's pliable, which is great when you need to shoot a certain angle. I am happy with this product.
on January 18, 2013
I bought this for my teenage daughter to use with her Sony Bloggie Touch. At first, she was a little frustrated, because it doesn't just universally work in all situations. She had trouble with it slipping or not staying in place. Once she figured out exactly what she could expect the tripod to do (and not to do), she became very happy with it. So, it doesn't meet all of her needs, but she can contort it enough to make it useful for most situations. Check the product dimensions, it was much smaller than I expected.
on January 6, 2015
I have had this tripod for 3 months. 1st off, it does not look as pictured. The white pieces of the tripod are rubberized balls without those ridges. It no longer grasps onto poles, or other surfaces I'm trying to wrap it around. Worst of all, the attachment where you screw the camera into is no longer strong enough to hold it up. do not buy
on August 1, 2012
Bought this 'tripod' to hold a small video camera, the Sony Bloggie. It is tiny, poorly constructed and barely able to hold the camera at all. I did not expect much for $9.99 but this product did not meet even my lowest expectation.
on November 16, 2015
This item came with missing parts as well. I was unable to secure the camera to the tripod. Again, I would have returned it for a refund had I known the return procedure.
on July 30, 2016
Does a great job and quite convenient, still not broken a year later and I use it a lot!
on April 12, 2016
I use it to hold my bloggie and web cam. Works great. A little loosey goosey on one of the legs.
on February 13, 2016
not to impressed but for the price it does it's job. The top part comes off if I wiggle the camera too much.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.