- File Size: 694 KB
- Print Length: 269 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1517057884
- Publisher: Creativia; 2 edition (April 11, 2012)
- Publication Date: April 11, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007TKUD7Y
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#556,821 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #406 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Coming of Age
- #1848 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Sword & Sorcery
- #2194 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $11.00 (73%)
The Flight of the Griffin Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 269 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
|Age Level: 9 - 18|
|Grade Level: 3 - 12|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
- Book 1 of 2 in The Flight of the Griffin (2 Book Series)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Must read - Cynthia
The story is well written and bounces along nicely. There's plenty of action which will certainly keep a young audience attentive - it kept me happy too! I think there might even be room in the tale for a sequel.
The story follows four boys who fall into a quest that involves finding three very important items necessary to accomplish a spell that will restore the balance of power between the Source and Chaos. To begin their adventure, the boys are transformed into a fighter, a thief, a priest, and a magician. Accompanied by an unusual shape shifting girl, the boys encounter many obstacles and dangerous situations along the way.
I really liked the story and think it would probably appeal to readers who enjoyed Cornelia Funke's Inkheart series and maybe some of the early Robert Jordan Wheel of Time novels. I think it could have used a few more dire situations and little more suspense to keep the reader truly glued to the story, but I think it was very well done.
Flight of the Griffin by author C. M. Gray is a wonderful adventure for young teens but I found it fine for all ages. It is the end times for the world, and the tale opens when Pardigan, the boy-thief, steals a knife and a book from a merchant's locked cabinet and sets the events into motion. Quint, the leader of his group of friends is the strongest and is a fighter. Loras is the boy-magician whose master died before Loras could learn what he needed to know and who's magic never works right. Tarent is a dreamer, a storyteller and he keeps the other boys' spirits up when times are hard. Orphans all, they live on the abandoned boat, The Griffin.
Along with the knife and other loot from the merchant's house, Pardigan has also gained a strange, magical talking cat named Mahra. This cat who changes back and forth from a girl, to an owl, to a cat, depending on her mood, knows how to unlock the secrets of the magical knife and book. They do as they are told to and become the Magician, Thief, Priest and Fighter, four heroes with a task to right the balance of the world which must have equal amounts of Order and Chaos. They have been chosen to be the Soldiers for Order and to oppose Chaos in a quest that pits them against magic, demons and `The Hawk,' an evil hunter of men.
I really like the way the four boys are real - they are written as boys are, unfinished and not quite men yet, but the promise of their adulthood is there in each of them. Mahra is an old soul (literally hundreds of years old) and is written as such, but she is also young in many ways.
The travels and adventures the boys and Mahra have are well written and believable. The scenery and the backgrounds against which the tale takes place are rich and yet not overdone. I would recommend this book to anyone who simply loves a good adventure.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book caught my eye because of the fantastic cover! The graphics are captivating, and fired up my imagination before I even open the book. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Jen L.
I love fantasy. This fits the bill in every respect. Predictable, sure, but neat characters
with original names: Quint, Pardigan, Tarent, Loras, Mahra. Read more
This is the first young adult book I have ever read. For a cynical seventy four year old, I found it truly magical. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Ruftara
As with other works by Mr Gray, I enjoyed the story very much. This is a tale that will appeal to both younger readers as well as the more mature crowd who enjoy a good fantasy... Read morePublished 10 months ago by Dale Rutherford
Had put off reading this book for a while thinking it would only be so so, not sure why i thought that but that was original impression. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Phillip
This story was great and kept me reading even when my vision was becoming bleary. Had a hard time with the writing errors but got through it anyway.Published 15 months ago by melina
This was a really fun fantasy story that held my interest and kept me turning the pages. It is well-written with fabulous descriptions but without over doing it. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Buttercup
The quest has begun. Follow Pardigan, Quint, Loras and Tarent as they embark on an adventure of a lifetime. Another character who will delight readers is the magic cat Mahra. Read morePublished 17 months ago by P.S. Winn
A wonderful book for all ages! I thoroughly get rapped up in books and found myself looking at dawns light before putting it down for a tiring day in which many thoughts came back... Read morePublished 17 months ago by Krasz
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Magic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Action & Adventure > Fantasy & Magic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery