Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 622 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 774 reviews
on April 23, 2010
Wow! Where do I even begin? The details of this book were so incredible that I felt as if I was on this journey as I read. This story has edified my faith that God is who He says He is and will do what He said He will do!! It enveloped me from beginning to end. I wanted to read slowly to grasp it all and yet I found myself reading it quickly as I couldn't wait to read what was going to happen next. For anyone who is searching for the truth about life and afterlife, this book is for you. It is a true, incredible, detailed encounter of God's ultimate love for His creation and the future plans He has for you!
33 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2016
I bought this book thinking it would be thrilling to read all about the author's visit to Heaven. That small part of the book was ok; it was quite brief. On the other hand, the pilot himself - his personality, love for his family, etc - was extremely detailed to the point you almost know him or wish you did. Dale Black is portrayed as a loving, sensitive, scholarly Christian. And I believe he is just that. What I do Not believe is he really recalls the thousands of thoughts and spoken sentences he had over thirty years ago at age twenty. Do You remember thousands of sentences you spoke at nineteen and twenty? So I am sure he took tremendous liberties while writing this book. You follow Black through months and months of recovery and hear each sentence his doctor spoke and what he said in return. This, I feel, is the bulk of the book: Dale's long recovery. It is, however, mildly uplifting and parts of it are very interesting. But if you are looking for a long, drawn out and detailed remembrance of a trip to
the Beyond this is not the book for you. We're all looking for different things in a book and if you want to possibly be moved to the point of tears and inspiration may I suggest Benny Hinn's, "Good Morning, Holy Spirit." No; I am not a Hinn follower but that book was really hard to put down.
on December 29, 2013
At the age of 19, Dale Black survived what the FAA described as an unsurvivable plane crash. Although he had a near-death, journey-to-Heaven experience, he was in a coma and didn't remember it for some time. After he remembered it, he discussed it with his grandfather/mentor, who told him he could tell the world about the experience and get a lot of attention or he could he could treat it as a sacred experience between him and God until he felt sure that God wanted him to tell his story. He decided to keep it private and never told anyone else for forty years. Although his wife suspected he had such an experience because of the way he lived his life, he didn't tell her until he felt God was leading him to share the experience. He made a miraculous recovery from his life-threatening injuries with the help of prayer and medical science, and on the first anniversary of the crash, he piloted a small plane on the same route of the ill-fated plane. As a result of his Heaven experience, he became passionate about sharing his faith and doing all he could so everyone he knew would end up in Heaven. While he was in the hospital for one of his many surgeries, he shared a room with an old man who was driving the nurses crazy with his demands and bad attitude. Dale got up out of bed and went to his roommate's bed and asked the man if he knew the Lord. The man said he was a preacher's kid who had been running from God all his life. There in his hospital bed, he accepted Jesus into his heart, and for the rest of that evening, the nurses were amazed at his changed attitude. The next day when Dale returned from surgery, he discovered the man had died. That experience reinforced his commitment to tell people about Jesus. He went on to become an airline pilot and also flew a thousand short-term mission trips. The story of his "flight to heaven" is sandwiched between the beginning and ending of a story of one of his mission trips--another remarkable experience. While it was his near-death experience that changed Dale's life completely, the most important thing in his life is sharing the Gospel with everyone he comes in contact with so they will be in Heaven for eternity.
on August 4, 2015
As a Christian I have always believed in Heaven and Hell. Reading this true life story lifted my faith as well as taught me a few things that displeases our God. I used to sing and I loved singing gospel music and God gave me what I had been wanting. I sang for four hours solid in a Easter service and then didn't talk for 3 months and haven't been able to sing as I did before. God teaches us lessons as we go through this life and that is what Flight to Heaven does. It teaches Dale Black and the reader many things besides just letting him see the beauty of heaven. It does make you homesick if you are a Christian and if your not it shows what will be waiting for you if you don't except Jesus as your savior. It is a wonderful story that I would encourage all to read it.
on December 14, 2014
Dale's story was not only inspiring, but guided me to some biblical truths that are not always apparent in everyday life. If you are expecting a book filled with visions, events, and experiences of heaven, you will be disappointed. The author does give credible evidence of a heavenly experience, but it is only part of a much larger story.

I was blessed to read through his experiences of let down after let down, while he wrestled with God's will for his recovery and his life. He never gave up hope and trusted God through it all. The lessons that he learned while persevering through his injuries will stay with me for a long time.

I am glad that Dale took the time to write such an incredible story and I believe that any believer who reads the wisdom in these pages - especially if they are going through a dark period - will find a deeper understanding of God and how they can find Him in the midst of it.
on February 6, 2014
Flight to Heaven, written by Captain Dale Black, is a phenomenal read. From start to finish, this young man's incredible story held my attention by it's gripping subject.

When the author was a teenager he survived a plane crash that took the lives of his two companions. The story that follows has many twists and turns as the author fought to regain use of his damaged body. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and be forever reminded that with God nothing is impossible.

When this book ended, I felt sad. It's that good of a book. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys hearing of near death experiences. Also, if you are looking for a book that genuinely touches you and reminds you that God is always there--no matter what may be going on in life--then this book is a must read!
on May 1, 2016
Flight to Heaven by my friend Dale Black will keep you turning pages with fear and excitement and heart beating rapidly! He puts you right inside the plane. But there is more than one plane and one that crashes in a dramatic horror that kept Dale crippled for a long time. His miraculous recovery and overcoming the fear and trauma of the horrible crash with lives snuffed out, is also a battle of faith. This reads like a mystery novel and heart-touching inspiration at the same time. I have purchased this for friends and my grandsons. I cannot imagine a reader who would not be captivated by reading "Flight to Heaven" and hopefully encouraged and inspired as well !
on November 20, 2015
Very enjoyable story told by a man with remarkable accomplishments and faith. Highly recommended. He can be found on You Tube in interviews. Has ministry with his wife of 40+ years. Not strong theologically, but his heart is in the right place.
on March 25, 2017
Great book!! A mesmerizing story that makes it hard to put the book down. No matter your mind set....scientific or religious....a book you should read.
on December 7, 2013
I gave this book 5 stars becuse it is just an astounding account of the life-changing miracles that Mr. Black experienced on every level.

I highly recommend this book to all skeptics of any belief and fasten your seat belt because thus BOOK will give you a glimpse as to what heaven is like.