Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 628 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 782 reviews
on March 8, 2016
I bought this book thinking it would be thrilling to read all about the author's visit to Heaven. That small part of the book was ok; it was quite brief. On the other hand, the pilot himself - his personality, love for his family, etc - was extremely detailed to the point you almost know him or wish you did. Dale Black is portrayed as a loving, sensitive, scholarly Christian. And I believe he is just that. What I do Not believe is he really recalls the thousands of thoughts and spoken sentences he had over thirty years ago at age twenty. Do You remember thousands of sentences you spoke at nineteen and twenty? So I am sure he took tremendous liberties while writing this book. You follow Black through months and months of recovery and hear each sentence his doctor spoke and what he said in return. This, I feel, is the bulk of the book: Dale's long recovery. It is, however, mildly uplifting and parts of it are very interesting. But if you are looking for a long, drawn out and detailed remembrance of a trip to
the Beyond this is not the book for you. We're all looking for different things in a book and if you want to possibly be moved to the point of tears and inspiration may I suggest Benny Hinn's, "Good Morning, Holy Spirit." No; I am not a Hinn follower but that book was really hard to put down.
on December 29, 2013
At the age of 19, Dale Black survived what the FAA described as an unsurvivable plane crash. Although he had a near-death, journey-to-Heaven experience, he was in a coma and didn't remember it for some time. After he remembered it, he discussed it with his grandfather/mentor, who told him he could tell the world about the experience and get a lot of attention or he could he could treat it as a sacred experience between him and God until he felt sure that God wanted him to tell his story. He decided to keep it private and never told anyone else for forty years. Although his wife suspected he had such an experience because of the way he lived his life, he didn't tell her until he felt God was leading him to share the experience. He made a miraculous recovery from his life-threatening injuries with the help of prayer and medical science, and on the first anniversary of the crash, he piloted a small plane on the same route of the ill-fated plane. As a result of his Heaven experience, he became passionate about sharing his faith and doing all he could so everyone he knew would end up in Heaven. While he was in the hospital for one of his many surgeries, he shared a room with an old man who was driving the nurses crazy with his demands and bad attitude. Dale got up out of bed and went to his roommate's bed and asked the man if he knew the Lord. The man said he was a preacher's kid who had been running from God all his life. There in his hospital bed, he accepted Jesus into his heart, and for the rest of that evening, the nurses were amazed at his changed attitude. The next day when Dale returned from surgery, he discovered the man had died. That experience reinforced his commitment to tell people about Jesus. He went on to become an airline pilot and also flew a thousand short-term mission trips. The story of his "flight to heaven" is sandwiched between the beginning and ending of a story of one of his mission trips--another remarkable experience. While it was his near-death experience that changed Dale's life completely, the most important thing in his life is sharing the Gospel with everyone he comes in contact with so they will be in Heaven for eternity.
on August 4, 2015
As a Christian I have always believed in Heaven and Hell. Reading this true life story lifted my faith as well as taught me a few things that displeases our God. I used to sing and I loved singing gospel music and God gave me what I had been wanting. I sang for four hours solid in a Easter service and then didn't talk for 3 months and haven't been able to sing as I did before. God teaches us lessons as we go through this life and that is what Flight to Heaven does. It teaches Dale Black and the reader many things besides just letting him see the beauty of heaven. It does make you homesick if you are a Christian and if your not it shows what will be waiting for you if you don't except Jesus as your savior. It is a wonderful story that I would encourage all to read it.
on January 17, 2015
If you have read other stories of near death experiences and are expecting another inspirational description of pilot Dale Black's journey to the afterlife, you will likely be disappointed.This is, for the most part, a story of his against-all-odds recovery from a horrible plane crash that left him as the only survivor. It reminded me that across the board, near death experiences are generally interpreted in the light of that individual's own personal religious beliefs. Captain Black, an evangelical Christian, interpreted his experiences in the world of spirit as a motivation to "save" everyone he meets, including readers of the book. I have to say I was irked by the arrogance of his comments about the "un-saved" state of his friends who died in the plane crash that he survived. Who is he, or any of us for that matter, to pass that judgment on our friends, or anyone else? I had to remind myself that he was seeing this from the perspective of his fundamentalist views and not as any kind of echo of his journey in the world of spirit. It was also noteworthy that while others who have written about their near-death experiences speak of encountering God as a being of Unconditional and all-enveloping Love, Captain Black saw Heaven as a place surrounded by high thick walls, whether to keep people out or people in we do not know. This book would probably be enjoyed by readers who shared Dale Black's fundamentalist Christian beliefs. His courage and determination to get well would be inspirational to anyone because what he endured was heart-rending, but his interpretations of that recovery and its aftermath will likely not be shared by other readers, particularly non-Christians, or even Christians of a non-evangelical denomination. Overall, the book seems to be the author's attempt to bring his beliefs to readers in the same way he piloted missionary trips to Africa to "save the un-saved." If you're up for that then you will enjoy this read. Personally it was not my cup of tea,
on December 14, 2014
Dale's story was not only inspiring, but guided me to some biblical truths that are not always apparent in everyday life. If you are expecting a book filled with visions, events, and experiences of heaven, you will be disappointed. The author does give credible evidence of a heavenly experience, but it is only part of a much larger story.

I was blessed to read through his experiences of let down after let down, while he wrestled with God's will for his recovery and his life. He never gave up hope and trusted God through it all. The lessons that he learned while persevering through his injuries will stay with me for a long time.

I am glad that Dale took the time to write such an incredible story and I believe that any believer who reads the wisdom in these pages - especially if they are going through a dark period - will find a deeper understanding of God and how they can find Him in the midst of it.
on July 11, 2015
I read this book aloud to my husband. (He has difficulty reading.) He was an amateur pilot and was riveted (as was I) from the opening chapter when Capt. Black was trying to land in darkness somewhere over Africa. Then he flashbacks to his crash and NDE as a young man and we were riveted to that story, too.

Capt. Black writes so well and articulately that a layperson like me can understand what he's talking about when it comes to the nuts and bolts of flying. He sure knows how to tell a story and what a story it is! Miraculous healing physically and spiritually.

He is very enthusiastic about his faith in Jesus Christ throughout the book. Sometimes it's really inspiring like when he brings joy and release with his faith to a dying man in a hospital. But the time he thinks he'll never see a deceased friend again because he didn't tell him about Jesus was kind of alienating. I have no doubt he will see his friend on The Other Side.

All in all, a fascinating read that will bring comfort and faith to many.
on February 6, 2014
Flight to Heaven, written by Captain Dale Black, is a phenomenal read. From start to finish, this young man's incredible story held my attention by it's gripping subject.

When the author was a teenager he survived a plane crash that took the lives of his two companions. The story that follows has many twists and turns as the author fought to regain use of his damaged body. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and be forever reminded that with God nothing is impossible.

When this book ended, I felt sad. It's that good of a book. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys hearing of near death experiences. Also, if you are looking for a book that genuinely touches you and reminds you that God is always there--no matter what may be going on in life--then this book is a must read!
on January 29, 2016
I decided to read my copy before going to sleep. I couldn't put it down and finally shut the lights out after 5:00 AM and finished it later that day. This was a genuine blessing and beautifully written. I have no doubt that the experience was authentic and the way He has used his encounter to encourage others is genuine as well. If you really want to see the heart of this author, go on youtube and watch one of his interviews. You will find that there are portions of his experience that have left an indelible and profound mark on his life. His heart remains tender to the Lord and those moments come back when he communicates his experience. It's obvious that he came back a different man. How he was brought back after such a devastating crash--one that damaged his body to that extent--is a miracle. (One of the miracles, among others..) For friends and family, I'll be buying gift copies of this story for special occasions. A movie project is in the works and I can't wait to see it.
on November 27, 2016
Thank you for your commitment to your hidden treasure as you awaited Gods permission & timing to share your revelation and precious journey. Your heart transformation is an inspiration & encouragement to all who are blessed to read your adventure "in faith walk". In this emerging era we are about to unfold in our nation, may we as the church family have this same love walk revelation so we can reap the mighty harvest of these end times.

Blessing, grace, continual favor as you march forward...ever ready ...to sow & reap.....

Sincerely

Linda Winterroth
Washougal WA
Ljwinterroth@live.com
on September 29, 2016
I started reading this one day while walking through Walgreens and all of a sudden I couldn't put it down. Since it was pretty expensive there, I decided to order a copy online and go to my nearest Barnes and Noble to finish it. I have never shed tears so often while reading a book. It strengthened my own view of God and the limitless capacity of faith. So much truth and beauty in this book even if you don't idenitify as a Christian. This book is less about 'mysticism' and more about the power of transcendent love, powerful faith, and the true nature of reality through the eyes of He who created it all. A must read for anyone with an open heart.