|Print List Price:||$19.99|
Save $15.00 (75%)
The Flight of Torque (Blood of the Nagaran Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 409 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to The Flight of Torque (Blood of the Nagaran Book 1)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I didn't plan on reading this book as I'm not keen on this genre. But I was curious about Rebecca's writing style. So I read the free Sample. By the time the sample ended, this well-written story had slithered its way in and sunk its fangs. I just had to find out what happened next.
So why am I only giving it 4 stars?
Well, cause a few things threw me out of the story's world:
* The falling-scene. It's too slow and feels unrealistically long. It only takes 1 or 2 seconds to hit the ground from that height, and the scene feels like it was several minutes.
* The lust-scene felt overloaded with descriptions, and repetitive.
* I had to stop reading and Google to see if "draws" was an acceptable spelling for "drawers" (as in the things you store your socks in). Apparently it's not.
But that not withstanding the above, it is a very good read, enjoyable, and very hard to put down. Actually looking forward to the next one
A young journalist – Tori finds herself embroiled in the dark undertakings of an underground cult of snake lovers. They use her in a ritual to turn her into a half snake ‘Nagaran’. Because of that, she spends the rest of the novel trying to get out of the underground prison and battles to uncover the truth about her mysterious family. Told from two different perspectives, hers and her guardian angel’s – Lucas.
After an initial freak out over the snake theme, I found myself twirling my hair in the prologue, meaning I was intrigued. She had me thinking about her unique world made up of half snake demon things and guardian angels. Although there were moments I hesitated at the validity of a world where feathered guardian angels had gone unnoticed for centuries, there were a lot of curious world building elements to keep me going. The book was fast-paced and full of action, however, I did find myself wanting to know more about each character other than what the action was throwing at them and the switch in point of view was a little disorientating. It’s definitely a paranormal romance, with the relationship between the hero and heroine heating up by the end of the novel.
The story has a familiar premise, to those that read the romance genre.
Rebecca has managed to write a very action driven novel, fast paced and exciting.
I found the jumps in perspective and time distracting, but this is an issue I have with some novels.
Overall this book was pleasant and achieved exactly what is set out to do. In the next books I hope for more setting development along with the action.
Worth reading, if you enjoy a romance novel.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Conspiracies
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Supernatural
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Conspiracies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban