Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 6, 2017
This is a good movie and it will keep you interested. Denzel Washington is one of the most intriguing actors that I have ever seen. He has a way of making you feel invested in characters and he is able to play many different character types very convincingly. This movie centers around a pilot whose plane ends up crashing. He saves most of the people onboard and is considered a hero. Then they discover that he may have been drunk at the time of the crash. All of a sudden, he is on trial. You will have to watch the movie to see if he ends up going to jail or not. Personally, I did not feel like the movie ended the way that I wanted it to, but I also felt like it was the right ending for the film.
on March 8, 2015
"The most fascinating person I never met...so who are you."...."that's a good question."
Denzel Washington delivers a stunning performance. All hands on deck for a man and actor who delivers his character wholeheartedly in this epic drama about substance abuse and the lives affected by it. Its not just the addicted that suffers, but all those that love them also. This movie, its cast of characters, the struggles, the pain, and the anguish are all evident and played out well. The script was an amazing piece of work, compassionate, funny, and emotional. This movie is certainly worth the watch, for sure, it did bring tears to me eyes...as the stunning confession play out in a federal NTSB investigative review. Mr. Washington's riveting reality and confession ends in freeing himself from the disease which has controlled his entire life. This movie should be watched by those who struggle with substance abuse. Excellent!
review image
on April 30, 2017
Great movie, and another testament to Denzel Washington's talent and range as an actor. A lot of great talent in the movie, though. Plot is engaging and thought provoking, characters are complicated and engaging. Not a 'thrill ride' or a mindless chill out movie, though. It is about a man's struggle with addiction. I wouldn't say it's another 'AA movie' though. The movie's plot, and character development is just to original and engaging to be categorized in this way.
I think I've watched the first ten minutes of this film about twenty times, just to see Denzel strut. Other than that, it's a great story made good by A-B-C plot points and all that other happy hoo-ha of formulaic writing, but still great to watch for the cool confidence of a pilot in a hopeless situation. The plane landed with more ease than the story structure and character arc, and the theme was lost until I watched it the third time. It's there, just buried under the rubble of Hollywood rules and regs of of scriptwriting.
on October 3, 2017
I enjoyed this movie much. Although there were elements of cocaine usage, there was also alcohol consumption in the movie. I sat on the edge of my seat during the airplane scene. It was too thrilling. Then the whole assortment of "is he a good guy" or "a bad guy." The ending was great.
on February 16, 2013
As painful as it is, one cannot look away, and a morally "tidy" ending does not take away from the power of the message about addiction and the suffering it causes. Denzel is merely superb and is surrounded by outstanding actors who make each character stand strong. I could not detect a bad note in any performance, and whether I knew the actor or not, each character held his or her own. It will be a hard thing to watch, but I feel that it deals with one of the most compelling and troubling issues of our time.

I might also add that the plane sequence that begins the movie is absolutely riveting - worth watching just for that bit alone.
on May 3, 2015
Powerful, gripping drama about a man that needed to come to terms with his life direction and how his actions and decisions affected others around him. An amazingly, superb pilot that was plagued by his life choices and needed to come to terms with them.
on May 6, 2013
In my opinion, Denzel Washington ages like a fine wine. And the roles he chooses to play at this stage of his career are projects with so much depth beneath the surface. Flight takes us on a ride that turns out to be so much more than the film's trailer. The pairing of Washington and Don Cheadle once again, alone, is worth the price of admission to this well acted character study. And John Goodman is so versatile that he is well placed in any excellent film... and usally is. My Denzel DVD collection is growing, and there's not a rotten tomato in the bunch.
on December 4, 2013
First let me say that Denzel is one of my all time favorite Actors. I have been enjoying his work every since St. Elsewhere. Very seldom have I been disappointed by his movies, that said, when I started watching Flight I was not so sure I made a good choice. I kept watching and I have to say I grew to love it. The story information may be hard to watch for some but it rings very true because I remember the days when some Pilots used to drink all the time in the various lounges in the airports I traveled through.

As a matter of fact I met quite a few pilots back in the day and shared a few drinks with them to settle my fear of flying nerves. These days though I am glad that the Airline industry is doing a better job of helping pilots with their possible addictions. Denzel portrayed a very likable but Flawed human being who just happened to be a pilot, John Goodman is funny enabling friend and Don Cheadle plays a great lawyer trying to save Denzel's character. Tamara Tunie is a great Stewardess friend too.

Don't want to give away too much but this one is a keeper and good addition to my Denzel collection. See for yourself.

Don't want
on March 15, 2013
I do love Denzel and have watched and enjoyed most of his movies. This one is a bit different. First, the plane crash was not realistic. Secondly, though I hoped he would turn his life around, he did so in a not so appealing manner. Truth is, the ending lacked...tremendously. I appreciate DW's entice presentation and devotion to his work. I also liked how the other main character held her own and did such a great job (better than he did, IMO). No spoilers here...just my two cents.