Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Flip Mino Video Camera - Black, 2 GB,1 Hour (1st G..." and save 84% off the $149.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Flip Mino Video Camera - Black, 2 GB,1 Hour (1st Generation)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Pocket-sized camcorder; Flat back panel with touch-sensitive buttons; 1.5-inch color LCD screen
- 2 GB of on-board flash memory--records up to 60 minutes of video; 2x digital zoom
- Internal Lithium-ion battery recharges when built-in USB arm is connected to a computer
- Connects to TV for instant viewing
- Built-in software lets you easily edit video files and upload them to video sharing sites
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Item Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Item Weight||0.21 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||4.3 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Weight||50 ounces|
|Media Format Digital Video||SD|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||5.6 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Shipping Weight||0.66 pounds|
|Video Capture Format|
|Video Capture Resolution||480p|
Compare to similar items
Mino is a camcorder that goes anywhere. Simply put it in your pocket! Then easily share your video on the web on MySpace, YouTube, and AOL. Weighing in at just over three ounces, the remarkably slim yet powerful Flip Video Mino raises the bar for high-quality, portable, and easy-to-use video. Smaller than most cell phones, Mino fits neatly into a jeans pocket to capture life's stories whenever and wherever they happen at a party, a concert, the beach, even on a bike ride. The Mino also features Flip Video's built-in software that lets you simply plug the camcorder's signature flip-out USB arm into any computer for immediate editing and sharing. For the first time, the Flip Video software lets you easily upload video directly to MySpace as well as to YouTube and AOL Video, making it even easier to share video. In addition to quickly posting videos on sharing and social networking sites, they can email videos and video greeting cards; create custom movies with their own music; capture still photos from video; save and organize videos on the computer; and, for the first time, seamlessly order and send DVDs anywhere in the world. Custom editing of movie mixes, with the option to set them to your own music Capture of still photos from video Order DVDs online and have them shipped anywhere in the world TV connection for instant viewing (cable included) Tripod mountable Internal rechargeable battery delivers up to 4 hours of use between charges Unit Size is only 3.94 x 1.97 x 0.63 HWD
From the Manufacturer
Flip Mino: The Power of Self Expression
Flip Mino provides you the power of self-expression, enabling you to shoot and share your stories with the world.
- Super-slim Mino is the sleekest camcorder you can get
- Super-simple user interface features one-touch recording and digital zoom
- Holds 60 minutes of full-VGA-quality video on 2GB of built-in memory; no tapes or additional memory cards required
- Convenient flip-out USB arm plugs directly into your computer to launch built-in FlipShare software
- Built-in FlipShareTM software lets you easily email videos, edit individual clips, make custom movies, capture still photos from video, and even upload video to sharing sites like YouTube and MySpace
- FlipShare’s advanced compression technology allows for quick and easy sharing of high-quality video in compact-sized files (via email or publishing online)
- Internal Li-ion battery recharges through built-in USB arm while you’re plugged into your computer
- Produces incredible, full-VGA-quality videos that look crisp and clear when played back on a TV (TV connector cable included)
- Features a flat-back panel with touch-sensitive backlit buttons
- Instant playback, pause, fast forward, rewind, zoom, and delete functions
Sleek, Simple, & Portable
The super-simple, super-portable Flip Mino makes it easy to capture and share high-quality video anywhere and everywhere. Mino weighs only 3.3 ounces and features a sleek, pocket-sized design, allowing you to take it with you everywhere you go. Mino also boasts a rechargeable battery that powers up automatically while plugged into your computer. And while Mino is 40 percent smaller than its already-pocket-sized brother, the Flip Ultra, it’s got all the Flip Video features--simple user interface, one-touch recording, flip-out USB arm, built-in editing and sharing software, instant uploads to YouTube and MySpace--that folks have come to know and love.
The Power of Video in Your Pocket
Flip Mino puts the power of video in your pocket. Weighing just over 3 ounces and featuring a super-slim, super-sleek design, Mino barely makes a dent in even the tightest of jeans. Mino’s small size is complemented by an interface that’s incredibly easy to use. Simply power on and press record--you’ll be capturing video in seconds. With a camcorder this small and sleek, there's no limit to where you can take it and what you'll end up shooting. Whether you’re creating a short film to enter in your favorite festival or just capturing footage of a hot new band, Mino makes it easy because it's always with you and always ready to go.
While small in size, Flip Mino produces video that is unbelievably high in quality. Its 2 GB of on-board flash memory records up to 60 minutes of full-VGA-quality video that looks sharp when played back on your laptop or television (TV cable included). The built-in microphone captures crisp, detailed audio, whether you're paddling down the Amazon or rockin' out at your favorite club. When it’s time to edit or share videos from your latest excursion, flip out the USB arm and connect to any Mac or PC to launch the built-in FlipShare software.
Built-in FlipShare Software
Mino comes pre-loaded withFlipShare software, which makes it easy to organize, create and share your videos:
- Organize your videos. Drag and drop your videos into folders you've created, or use the automatic date-stamped folders.
- Create custom movies. Make movies featuring your favorite video clips, and add your own music to provide a more personal touch.
- Capture still-image snapshots. Use enhanced freeze-frame capabilities to grab a snapshot from any of the thirty frames that comprise each second of your video.
- Share privately. Send videos to your friends and family using attachment-free emails. Or create private Flip Channels to share your videos with specific groups of friends and family.
- Share with the world. Publish your videos directly to Facebook, YouTube and other sites, all with the click of a button.
Recommended Companion Products and Accessories:
This compact adapter's USB port connects to your Flip camcorder's USB arm.
|FlipShare TV |
FlipShare TV offers the ultimate home movie experience by making it easy to watch your entire Flip Video library wirelessly on your TV or HDTV.
|The tripod screws into your Flip, and flexible legs let you take steady video almost anywhere.||Connect your Flip camcorder to any computer, even those with hard-to-reach USB ports.|
What's in the box:
- Flip Mino Camcorder, with built-in FlipShare software
- TV connector cable
- Wrist strap
- Soft carrying case
- Quick start guide
- Product registration
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top customer reviews
something this tiny could be, but I needed something quick, easy and
practical for sales-oriented website videos. I was amazed at how easy it
is to use the Flip Mino, and at the quality of the end product video.
Is it the "perfect" camcorder for every ocassion? No, but for those
impromptu, "down & dirty", on the spot videos it beats the heck out of
using a big camcorder...or a cellphone. I considered buying a Sony
"Webbie", but dollar for dollar you can't beat a Flip.
Battery life so far has been NO ISSUE. A continuous 30 minute recording does not even move the battery charge indicator bar. Beware of incredibly large files though! A 30 minute recording will consume 900 Mb, and I've found no way to share files that large. There must be a way to convert the files to DVD on the computer, but I'm not savvy enough to figure it out yet. The included software says you can edit the files too, but the instructions have thus far eluded me. I consider that to be a user problem, not a product issue. Just be prepared to dedicate a LOT of computer memory to file storage!
Another restriction is camera shake. Mino is so small and light that it's nearly impossible to hold steady. Pressing buttons to zoom or start/stop will almost certainly result in a shake, but most people will figure out how to clip the ends in editing. I did buy the little tripod which eliminates the problem.
Despite the few difficulties, I do highly recommend this camera after 3 months use.
My absolutely FAVORITE feature though...in the software you can take a video frame by frame and save each (if you really want) as a picture, and it prints as a good picture! I used the camera when my 3 year old nephew came to visit and trying to get a good still shot of him was like trying to pull out my own tooth so I spent the majority of the time video-ing his fun loving, energetic, never sit still self as we ran around the city seeing all the sights. When I downloaded my video's and messed around with the software I found the snapshot feature and decided to try it out. Some of the pictures I pulled from the video are pricelss and the kind that with a still shot camera you get maybe 1 in a 1,000,000. I printed them through [...] (cuz computer quality and paper quality sometimes differ) and was even more pleased. The pictures print with a great quality.
Overall for the price, convenience, and size this is hands down a must have!
They are small, compact and extremely easy to use, they come with a simple video program where you can stream your videos all together and make one longer one.
The image quality is good though if I had it to do over again I think I would get a hd one. The sound quality is surprisingly good, sharp and clear, and the play back and transfer to your computer is easy enough, by simply plugging it into your usb port.
Mine holds up to 2 hours of recorded video and has a nice long battery life. The mino come with a closed lithium batter that recharges while it is plugged into your computer thru the usb port.
I won't go into item specifics, but will say it is easy, durable, light weight and takes good quality videos that are easy to transfer and send to others...
IT IS A KEEPER and I Love mine to pieces..