Flip MinoHD Video Camera - Black, 4 GB, 1 Hour (1st Generation)
|Price:||$198.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Holds 60 minutes of HD-quality video (1280 x 720 resolution at 30 frames per second; 16:9 widescreen) on 4 GB of built-in memory
- Weighs only 3.3 ounces; Super-slim, super-sleek design, fits into your pocket or purse
- Features one-touch recording and digital zoom
- Flip-out USB arm plugs directly into your computer to launch built-in FlipShare software
- FlipShare software lets you save and organize your videos, edit individual clips, make custom movies, email your videos, and upload them
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Included Components||Soft Case, TV cable, wrist strap, quickstart|
|Item Dimensions||2.9 x 3.5 x 5.6 inches|
|Item Weight||94 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Weight||4 ounces|
|Media Format Digital Video||SD|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||1.6 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Shipping Weight||0.65 pounds|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Flip MinoHD Video Camera - Black, 4 GB, 1 Hour (1st Generation)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||$4.99||FREE Shipping||$4.99|
|Sold By||Jupiter Deals||supertyty||The Xtra Mile||supertyty|
|Optical Zoom||2 x||2 x||2 x||2 x|
|Display Size||1.5 inches||2 inches||2 inches||1.5 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.65 pounds||0.55 pounds||0.8 pounds||0.66 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Introducing Flip MinoHD
Flip MinoHD provides you the power of self-expression, enabling you to shoot and share your stories with the world.
- Weighing only 3.3 ounces, MinoHD is the world’s smallest HD camcorder
- Super-slim, super-sleek design that fits into any pocket or purse
- Simple user interface features one-touch recording and digital zoom, making HD video easier and more fun than ever
- Holds 60 minutes of HD-quality video on 4 GB of built-in memory; no tapes or additional memory cards required
- Convenient flip-out USB arm plugs directly into your computer to launch built-in FlipShareTM software
- Built-in FlipShare software lets you easily email videos, edit individual clips, make custom movies, capture still photos from video, and even upload video to sharing sites like YouTube and MySpace
- Internal Li-ion battery recharges through built-in USB arm while you're plugged into your computer
- Produces incredible HD 720p (1280 x 720 resolution at 30 frames per second; 16:9 widescreen) video you'll be able to enjoy on your HDTV
- Records high-quality H.264 videos that work with most video-playing applications, including Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and iTunes
- Watch videos instantly on TV with included connector cable
- Instant playback, pause, fast forward, rewind, zoom, and delete functions
Flip MinoHD puts the power of HD video in your pocket. Flip MinoHD offers all the signature Flip Video features you love—sleek design, simple user interface, flip-out USB arm, rechargeable internal Li-ion battery, built-in editing and sharing software, instant uploads to YouTube and MySpace—plus stunningly crisp, clear HD-quality video. Weighing only 3.3 ounces and featuring a slim, sleek design that fits into any pocket or purse, super-small Flip MinoHD lets you capture life in HD anywhere you go.
Flip MinoHD Highlights
Flip MinoHD is the world’s smallest HD camcorder. But, in this case, small in size translates to high in quality. Flip MinoHD produces vibrant HD 720p (1280 x 720, 16:9 widescreen) video that can be enjoyed on any HDTV. Flip camcorders have earned a reputation for high-quality video, and MinoHD combines that signature Flip quality with the latest in HD technology. Its 4 GB of built-in memory lets you capture an hour of brilliant HD video, even in low-light situations. Plus, premier AAC audio means your videos will sound clearer than ever.
The Power of HD in Your Pocket
Flip MinoHD offers the same features that have made Flip Mino a huge hit. Weighing only 3.3 ounces, Flip MinoHD features a super-sleek, super-portable design that truly puts the power of HD video in your pocket.
This portability allows you to capture HD video almost anywhere you go: a morning hike, a lazy afternoon at the park, a late-night party, and everything in between. Like other Flip Video camcorders, MinoHD offers a simple user interface with one-touch recording, making it easier and more fun than ever to take HD-quality video. Simply power on and press record, and you’ll be capturing HD video in seconds. When it’s time to edit or share your videos, flip out the USB arm and connect to any Mac or PC to launch the built-in FlipShare software.
Built-in FlipShare Software
MinoHD comes pre-loaded withFlipShare software, which makes it easy to organize, create and share your videos:
- Organize your videos. Drag and drop your videos into folders you've created, or use the automatic date-stamped folders.
- Create custom movies. Make movies featuring your favorite video clips, and add your own music to provide a more personal touch.
- Capture still-image snapshots. Use enhanced freeze-frame capabilities to grab a snapshot from any of the thirty frames that comprise each second of your video.
- Share privately. Send videos to your friends and family using attachment-free emails. Or create private Flip Channels to share your videos with specific groups of friends and family.
- Share with the world. Publish your videos directly to Facebook, YouTube and other sites, all with the click of a button.
Recommended Companion Products and Accessories:
This compact adapter's USB port connects to your Flip camcorder's USB arm.
|FlipShare TV |
FlipShare TV offers the ultimate home movie experience by making it easy to watch your entire Flip Video library wirelessly on your TV or HDTV.
|The tripod screws into your Flip, and flexible legs let you take steady video almost anywhere.||Connect your Flip camcorder to any computer, even those with hard-to-reach USB ports.|
What's in the box:
- Flip MinoHD Camcorder, with built-in FlipShare software
- TV connector cable
- Wrist strap
- Soft carrying case
- Quick start guide
- Product registration
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
The camera has a 1.5 inch screen that is vibrant but small. The camera is thin and can easily be slid into the front pocket of your jeans. It is extremely light. The buttons on the back are touch sensitive and are not typical buttons that you "press". There is a nice quality built in microphone. Operation is dead simple. Turn it on and push the large red button to start record and then press it again to stop.
The video quality:
The video quality from this camera is phenomenal considering its price tag. No its not a Canon HV30 but its not supposed to be.There is very little motion blur and the colors are nicely saturated. Due to the higher quality video shakiness is more pronounced in the videos but its not terrible. The more still you can hold this camera the better. The sound is crisp and clear. I can easily say the quality of this camera trumps all other flash based camcorders in this price bracket.
Mac users rejoice! The Mino HD's video files ( MPEG4) are natively supported by Mac OS X, Quicktime, & iMovie 8 or iMovie HD. The software (Flipshare) even allows stitching the footage together, adding music and transitions and exporting the finished result directly to Youtube or just onto your desktop. I am very impressed Pure Digital rewrote the software package so that the features for Mac Users were the same as PC users. When you first plug in the camera iPhoto will open and offer to import the video's. You can override this in iPhoto's preferences. From then on the Flipshare will open automatically.
The Flip Mino HD billed as the worlds smallest HD camcorder (as of 11/14) is worth its weight in gold. Especially if you have a Mac!Read more ›
Here's what I like about this camcorder:
-- Takes HD video (720p) in 16:9 ratio, picture is very sharp especially when viewed on a computer screen or LCD TV.
-- To upload your video you just flip out the USB 2.0 arm and plug it into your computer like a mini external drive. You can then directly upload your video to youtube, myspace or any other video-sharing website without having to transfer it to your computer. Or just upload it to your computer.
-- Super sleek and easy to carry in a pocket or small purse. Weighs only 3.3 ounces and is 50% slimmer than the earlier Ultra series Flip Video Ultra Series Camcorder, 60-Minutes (Black). And Mino also has 4GB capacity compared to 2GB of Ultra - although both take 60 minutes of video
-- Controls are super-easy, really child's play. A simple press of the big red button records video. The +/- signs operate the digital zoom and the left/right arrows scroll through videos. Touching the trash can button deletes a video. That's it!Read more ›
Contrary to D. Knapp's inaccurate claim of false advertising(do your research), this unit is indeed capable of High Definition video at 1280x720 and it looks quite stunning, more so than I expected. I was satisfied with the original Flip Mino's video and audio quality. This is icing on the cake.
The software seems to be improved over the original and regular Flip devices. I found it to be much snappier too.
My only gripe is low level lighting situations. It would be nice to see an add on infrared light system or a light accessory attachment. I'm sure battery issues might play a role in the decision to leave that option out though.
If you're like me and only drag your real camcorder out on the holidays, or you always seem to miss those Kodak moments with the kids, the Flip Mino HD is for you!
|Length: 1:22 Mins|
A few details-
Unlike previous versions the Flip Mino HD records as a MP4 file (instead of AVI). This is not a big deal, but it does prevent you from going straight from recording to Apple TV - you will need a program like Roxio Crunch to convert the file.
Maybe not the greatest camera if your only goal is to pot videos on YouTube. The extra resolution will not show up, but it will take the video significantly longer to upload.
Capture speed is a bit too slow - this causes the picture to blur during motion. It can also give your videos a "Blair Witch Project" feel if you film while walking.
Final Verdict - if you are want a camera that is highly portable with great quality look no further. If you would prefer a video camera that you are only going to use for posting videos on the internet ou ay want to go back a model.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Blast from the past that still lasts!
Just fired up this recorder and deleted old video to trash.
Not yet obsolete. Simple to use. Read more
I've had this for a few years and loved its simplicity of use, but it no longer works. Here's what I mean. My new PC will not recognize it so I cannot download any videos. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Lev Raphael
the flip mino will flip you out! Why they redesigned this and made it bigger is beyond me. The first generation was the more compact and convenient camera for quick and easy use. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Catherine deBlieux
You can't buy these anymore , so a review is pointless? In any case after a software update mine has worked great. Prior to the update it was a nightmare.Published 6 months ago by Billy BoB
I have twin baby boys and this Flip video camera is just so convenient and easy to quickly grab! When my babies are doing something amazing, I grab this camera, turn it on and... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Jill
Once the battery goes bad you are screwed. There is no way yo replace it. For that reason, these cameras SUCK.Published 9 months ago by Esteban