Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Flip MinoHD Video Camera - Black, 4 GB, 1 Hour (1s..." and save 76% off the $199.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Flip MinoHD Video Camera - Black, 4 GB, 1 Hour (1st Generation)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Holds 60 minutes of HD-quality video (1280 x 720 resolution at 30 frames per second; 16:9 widescreen) on 4 GB of built-in memory
- Weighs only 3.3 ounces; Super-slim, super-sleek design, fits into your pocket or purse
- Features one-touch recording and digital zoom
- Flip-out USB arm plugs directly into your computer to launch built-in FlipShare software
- FlipShare software lets you save and organize your videos, edit individual clips, make custom movies, email your videos, and upload them
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Flip MinoHD is the new camcorder from Flip Video that puts the power of HD video in your pocket. MinoHD offers all the signature Flip Video features you love -- sleek design, simple user interface, flip-out USB arm, built-in editing and sharing software -- plus stunningly crisp, clear HD-quality video. Weighing only 3.3 ounces and featuring a slim, sleek design that fits into any pocket or purse, super-small MinoHD enables you to capture life in HD anywhere you go.
From the Manufacturer
Introducing Flip MinoHD
Flip MinoHD provides you the power of self-expression, enabling you to shoot and share your stories with the world.
- Weighing only 3.3 ounces, MinoHD is the world’s smallest HD camcorder
- Super-slim, super-sleek design that fits into any pocket or purse
- Simple user interface features one-touch recording and digital zoom, making HD video easier and more fun than ever
- Holds 60 minutes of HD-quality video on 4 GB of built-in memory; no tapes or additional memory cards required
- Convenient flip-out USB arm plugs directly into your computer to launch built-in FlipShareTM software
- Built-in FlipShare software lets you easily email videos, edit individual clips, make custom movies, capture still photos from video, and even upload video to sharing sites like YouTube and MySpace
- Internal Li-ion battery recharges through built-in USB arm while you're plugged into your computer
- Produces incredible HD 720p (1280 x 720 resolution at 30 frames per second; 16:9 widescreen) video you'll be able to enjoy on your HDTV
- Records high-quality H.264 videos that work with most video-playing applications, including Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and iTunes
- Watch videos instantly on TV with included connector cable
- Instant playback, pause, fast forward, rewind, zoom, and delete functions
Flip MinoHD puts the power of HD video in your pocket. Flip MinoHD offers all the signature Flip Video features you love—sleek design, simple user interface, flip-out USB arm, rechargeable internal Li-ion battery, built-in editing and sharing software, instant uploads to YouTube and MySpace—plus stunningly crisp, clear HD-quality video. Weighing only 3.3 ounces and featuring a slim, sleek design that fits into any pocket or purse, super-small Flip MinoHD lets you capture life in HD anywhere you go.
Flip MinoHD Highlights
Flip MinoHD is the world’s smallest HD camcorder. But, in this case, small in size translates to high in quality. Flip MinoHD produces vibrant HD 720p (1280 x 720, 16:9 widescreen) video that can be enjoyed on any HDTV. Flip camcorders have earned a reputation for high-quality video, and MinoHD combines that signature Flip quality with the latest in HD technology. Its 4 GB of built-in memory lets you capture an hour of brilliant HD video, even in low-light situations. Plus, premier AAC audio means your videos will sound clearer than ever.
The Power of HD in Your Pocket
Flip MinoHD offers the same features that have made Flip Mino a huge hit. Weighing only 3.3 ounces, Flip MinoHD features a super-sleek, super-portable design that truly puts the power of HD video in your pocket.
This portability allows you to capture HD video almost anywhere you go: a morning hike, a lazy afternoon at the park, a late-night party, and everything in between. Like other Flip Video camcorders, MinoHD offers a simple user interface with one-touch recording, making it easier and more fun than ever to take HD-quality video. Simply power on and press record, and you’ll be capturing HD video in seconds. When it’s time to edit or share your videos, flip out the USB arm and connect to any Mac or PC to launch the built-in FlipShare software.
Built-in FlipShare Software
MinoHD comes pre-loaded withFlipShare software, which makes it easy to organize, create and share your videos:
- Organize your videos. Drag and drop your videos into folders you've created, or use the automatic date-stamped folders.
- Create custom movies. Make movies featuring your favorite video clips, and add your own music to provide a more personal touch.
- Capture still-image snapshots. Use enhanced freeze-frame capabilities to grab a snapshot from any of the thirty frames that comprise each second of your video.
- Share privately. Send videos to your friends and family using attachment-free emails. Or create private Flip Channels to share your videos with specific groups of friends and family.
- Share with the world. Publish your videos directly to Facebook, YouTube and other sites, all with the click of a button.
Recommended Companion Products and Accessories:
This compact adapter's USB port connects to your Flip camcorder's USB arm.
|FlipShare TV |
FlipShare TV offers the ultimate home movie experience by making it easy to watch your entire Flip Video library wirelessly on your TV or HDTV.
|The tripod screws into your Flip, and flexible legs let you take steady video almost anywhere.||Connect your Flip camcorder to any computer, even those with hard-to-reach USB ports.|
What's in the box:
- Flip MinoHD Camcorder, with built-in FlipShare software
- TV connector cable
- Wrist strap
- Soft carrying case
- Quick start guide
- Product registration
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A major complaint for me is that the videos are shot in landscape format...you can not shot in portrait format. While shooting a wedding procession I needed portrait format. Who wants to shoot a bride walking down the aisle with wasted space on both sides. I wanted portrait format so that the bride would vertically fill the entire frame. If anyone knows how to achieve a portrait format with the Flip MinoHD or if there is software I can download to achieve this, please let me know.
Surprisingly great video when used in good to very bright lighting. This is an outdoor camera.
Extremely easy to use, although I'm not a fan of the form-factor, but I did get used to it.
Wonderful recording time--1 hour on the internal memory, which is the same as an miniDV video tape using HDV mode.
So easy to move the videos to the PC or Mac (I use both) and save them.
Great (so far) battery life. yes the battery lasted the entire week-long trip. But then I record "good" video, I don't try to archive the entire day, thinking someone cares enough to watch 20 minutes of my vacation video events without a break in the timeline. <g> I tend to record 10 to 30 second clips, which is the correct way to record. But you can record very lengthy, and boring clips with it, if you want to.
The not so good:
The video screen is too, too small for HD. It needs to be at least twice as large. So if you wear reading glasses, you'll need them to see anything when recording.
The LCD screen is bad in bright sun light. Which is ironic considering the camera's video recording quality excels in bright sun. Why oh why can't they use the same kind of screens as the non-car GPS devices use--which can be easily seen at any sunshine level.
The USB connector is fine, but on some Laptop computers they're adding lots of USB ports, so with this device you potentially have two issues: (1) It blocks the other USB ports with its body, or (2) you can't plug it into vertically mounted USB ports. But this isn't a show-stopper for me, and shouldn't be for you. Plus you could always get a short USB cable and resolve this issue.
I would get this camera again, and I would recommend it in the right context. For example, I would love to see two major improvements:
1) Larger or at least better resolution on the LCD screen.
2) Water proof to (say) 12 feet or so. At least water resistant so rain doesn't screw it up.
Using the Flip to it's full potential requires that you have a PC or a Mac. It derives it's charging power from the USB port, and also transfers it's video files that way. If you are familiar with file transfers, the Flip is a breeze. Just plug the camcorder into the USB port (no cables needed) and your PC or Mac sees it instantly as another drive. Simply drag and drop your files onto your hard drive. Editing and burning to your files to DVD requires some knowledge. DVD's made from the Flip HD are stunning, but of course, standard DVD's are not high definition unless you make a BluRay disc (which is more complicated). You can use the included cable to connect the Flip directly to a TV or VCR, but the cable output is not high definition.
The Flip is so tiny you can carry it in a pocket or purse and forget it's even there. You'll get great video and crisp sound out of the Flip HD. Voices sound crisp and clear. It's adapted for voices, so there is very little bass to the sound. So what's not to like? There is no photo mode. It's just video. There is no high definition output port. You can only get high definition quality on your computer from copying the files through the USB port. The screen is very small. There's no image stabilizer, so you need to hold the Flip with two hands to get steady video. It shoots at 30 frames per second, not 60 frames like TV, so fast motion can look a little jittery. Normal motion like people walking is fine. There's no autofocus or optical zoom. But the usable depth of field is so wide from three feet to infinity, you don't need autofocus. Which is actually an advantage because the focus is steady. It never hunts for the right distance, so shots are always clear until you get closer than three feet. The 2x digital zoom reduces image quality, so use it sparingly, only to frame out unwanted objects when absolutely necessary.
All in all, this is a great camcorder for vacations because you'll always have it in your pocket, ready to go. For the money, there isn't a better mini camcorder on the market that shoots high dfinition video.
Rick Bennette - Fine Art Video dot com.Flip Video MinoHD Camcorder, 60 Minutes (Black)
Most recent customer reviews
Just fired up this recorder and deleted old video to trash.
Not yet obsolete. Simple to use.Read more