Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Flip Ultra Video Camera - Black, 4 GB, 2 Hours (2n..." and save 73% off the $149.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Flip Ultra Video Camera - Black, 4 GB, 2 Hours (2nd Generation)
|Price:||$209.95 + $4.99 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Easy-to-use, pocket-sized camcorder featuring one-touch recording and digital zoom
- Captures 120 minutes of full VGA-quality video on 4 GB of built-in memory; no tapes or additional memory cards required
- Convenient flip-out USB arm plugs directly into your computer to launch FlipShare software
- Built-in FlipShare software lets you easily email videos, edit individual clips, and upload video to sharing sites like YouTube and MySpace
- Large 2-inch color LCD screen to play back and delete videos
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||3.13 x 3.12 x 6.25 inches|
|Media Format Digital Video||SD|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||0.3 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Shipping Weight||0.2 pounds|
|Video Capture Format||mpeg-4|
|Video Capture Resolution||640 x 480|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Flip Ultra Video Camera - Black, 4 GB, 2 Hours (2nd Generation)
|Shipping||$4.99||FREE Shipping||$4.99||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||supertyty||PlatinumBuys||ArchStanton||The Electronics Section|
|Optical Zoom||2 x||2 x||2 x||2 x|
|Display Size||2 inches||2 inches||2 inches||2 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.2 pounds||0.55 pounds||0.8 pounds||0.6 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
- Easy-to-use, pocket-sized camcorder featuring one-touch recording and digital zoom
- Simple user interface lets you start capturing video just seconds after powering on
- Captures 120 minutes of full-VGA-quality video on 4GB of built-in memory; no tapes or additional memory cards required
- Convenient flip-out USB arm plugs directly into your PC or Mac to launch FlipShare software
- Pre-installed FlipShare software lets you easily email videos, edit individual clips, make custom movies, capture still photos from video, and even upload video to sharing sites like YouTube and MySpace
- FlipShare’s advanced compression technology allows for quick and easy sharing of high-quality video in compact-sized files (via email or publishing online)
- Large 2-inch anti-glare color LCD screen to play back and delete videos
- Watch videos instantly on TV with included connector cable
- Powered by standard AA batteries (included); also supported by rechargeable Flip Video Battery Pack (not included)
- Video: Full VGA at 30 frames per second (fps) progressive scan; recorded as MP4 files
It’s the Camcorder, Uncomplicated
The Flip Ultra camcorder makes it easier than ever to shoot and share video. Ultra features Flip Video’s signature shoot-and-share simplicity: just power on and press record to start capturing high-quality video in seconds.
With 120 minutes of record time, you’ll never miss another minute again. And because it’s super-portable, Ultra lets you capture spontaneous video anytime, anywhere. Whether it’s a busy evening at your kids’ soccer match; a weekend camping trip; or simply an unplanned, everyday event, your Ultra will let you capture the moment. So you never have to say, "You should have been there."
While it may be small, Flip Ultra packs a big punch. Ultra produces video that rivals that of far more expensive camcorders. Its 4 GB of built-in memory lets you capture 120 minutes of crystal-clear video, even in low-light situations. Premier AAC audio compression means your videos will sound crisper than ever, too. The included connector cable makes it incredibly easy to watch your videos on your TV.
Pre-Installed FlipShare Software
Ultra comes pre-loaded withFlipShare software, which makes it easy to organize, create and share your videos:
- Organize your videos. Drag and drop your videos into folders you've created, or use the automatic date-stamped folders.
- Create custom movies. Make movies featuring your favorite video clips, and add your own music to provide a more personal touch.
- Capture still-image snapshots. Use enhanced freeze-frame capabilities to grab a snapshot from any of the thirty frames that comprise each second of your video.
- Share privately. Send videos to your friends and family using attachment-free emails. Or create private Flip Channels to share your videos with specific groups of friends and family.
- Share with the world. Publish your videos directly to Facebook, YouTube and other sites, all with the click of a button.
Recommended Companion Products and Accessories:
The rechargeable Flip Video Battery Pack ensures that your Flip camcorder is charged and ready to go.
|FlipShare TV |
FlipShare TV offers the ultimate home movie experience by making it easy to watch your entire Flip Video library wirelessly on your TV or HDTV.
|The tripod screws into your Flip, and flexible legs let you take steady video almost anywhere.||Connect your Flip camcorder to any computer, even those with hard-to-reach USB ports.|
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 3:05 Mins|
In my opinion, this is an excellent camcorder for a novice, or someone who just wants an easy to use camcorder that is small and compact. I personally don't need more than 2 hours recording time and it's wonderful not having to purchase tapes.
The price is actually less than many digital cameras. I've wanted to own a camcorder for a long time, and the Flip Ultra has finally met my standards for: quality, value, and ease of use.
I consider this one to be the younger brother to the MinoHD, with lower video quality, but also some things I like better than the HD model. Therefore I'm giving this 3.5 stars, and here is why.
Here's what I like BETTER:
1. the larger viewing screen on the camera - as compared to the HD version, this one has a much better viewing screen and a much better field of vision. the HD version has to be some distance away from what you're filming in order to get a good view, but with the ultra you can be much closer to your subject and still see all around them
2. more space - 120 minutes means I can carry this thing with me all day and take create 640x480 video, up to 2 hours worth, and that's important if you're out and about (although I wish there was a way to put a memory card into it for more space)
3. The product has a better surface for holding and gripping the camera. The HD version is glossy and slick, where as the Ultra version has a more matte finish on the case so it's easier to hold.
Here's what I don't especially care for:
1. It requires batteries. The HD model is rechargeable, so you just plug it into the USB on your computer and the battery recharges itself. The Flip Ultra takes AA batteries, and while you certainly can use rechargeable batteries, I consider this a step backward. (the batteries also add weight)
2. it's only 640x480 - this is pretty much bottom end for video capture these days, especially when most digital cameras are now able to record in HD dimensions; if you are super concerned about presenting your finished video in HD, this product is NOT for you
What is the same?
1.Read more ›
|Length: 5:30 Mins|
This is why I LOVE my Flip. Within 2 minutes of opening the box, it was on and ready to start recording. Within those same two minutes, I'd read the instructions on how to record, playback, and download the videos onto my computer. In my opinion, this is brilliant technology - it's small, convenient, and incredibly simple. Still want high-quality videos, not to worry, this puppy can capture 'em.
If you're an aspiring filmmaker with a commitment to the best of the best of the best...the Flip's probably not the best choice for you. But if you're like the vast majority of people who just want a quality camcorder (and be honest, even though they sound cool, you won't use a quarter of those features on the $400+ camcorders) that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, buy the Flip. It's incredible.
I grabbed the 2d gen Ultra because I wanted the additional storage space. What I didn't expect was to enjoy a larger view screen, a better (by my eye) on/off toggle (a simple push button, rather than a slide), higher quality audio, and a number of functional enhancements on the software side, such as mass delete with confirm.
Curiously, I no longer seem to be able to just pull the .Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After one week it stopped functioning. Even with nothing stored it would only record for a few seconds.Published 3 months ago by C. celestin
So many items out there that is better than this don't get it. Look around and read reviews of all of them. Read morePublished 3 months ago by James Peterson
IT IS PERFECT, I DID NOT THINK I WOULD EVER FIND ANOTHER ONE, LOVE MY FLIP, WENT TWO YRS WITHOUT ONE, WE LIVE IN A RUAL AREA & DO NOT GET CELL SERVICE, NO SMART PHONE FOR ME!!! Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
My favorite video device ever !! I am a photographer and my camera bag is so heavy from camera lenses and equipment. Read morePublished 5 months ago by J. Grady
It worked for a couple short shots and the on off button stopped working. I thought Flip went out of business that is why I never tried to get it replaced but it looks like you are... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Brad and Sheryl
they claim 2 hour record time however as I power it up it tells me the record time limit is actually 16:22Published 9 months ago by New Orleans
I bought this for my grandson. I have one I carry in my truck for work.
He loves his too...