Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Flip UltraHD Video Camera - Black, 8 GB, 2 Hours (..." and save 31% off the $129.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Flip UltraHD Video Camera - Black, 8 GB, 2 Hours (3rd Generation)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Shoot up to 2 hours of better-than-ever HD video on the easy-to-use, now even slimmer UltraHD, “The batteries are brand new but sometimes need to be charged overnight. This item must be charged via computer only or via the charger made for it.
- Press the big red button to start capturing vibrant HD video (720p / 60fps) on the super-simple user interface
- Keep your video steady with image stabilization, UltraHD's newest feature
- Connect the built-in USB arm to your PC or Mac to launch pre-loaded FlipShare software
- Organize, create and share your videos with FlipShare software. Note: Should be charged while connected to a computer.
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The all-new Flip UltraHD video camera, now with image stabilization and a new slimmer design, combines Flip Video's signature shoot-and-share simplicity with better-than-ever HD. Simply power on and press record to start capturing up to 2 hours of incredible HD video. When you're done recording, just connect the flip-out USB arm to a PC or Mac and use pre-loaded FlipShare software to organize, edit and share your videos. The new UltraHD also works with Designed for Flip products, a new expanded accessory line from Flip Video and partner companies.What’s in the box: Flip Video UltraHD Video Camera (Black, 2 Hours), Rechargeable Battery Pack, Wrist Strap, Soft Case, Pre-Loaded FlipShare Software, User's Manual and 1-Year Limited Warranty.
From the Manufacturer
Flip UltraHD (2 Hour) Overview
- Shoot up to two hours of best-ever HD video—now with image stabilization for incredibly clear and steady video
- Press the big red button to start capturing vibrant HD video (720p / 60fps) on the super-simple user interface
- Comes with 8 GB of built-in memory, letting you capture 2 hours of HD video; no additional memory cards required
- Capture video on the go anywhere now featuring an even-slimmer design
- Power up with the included Flip Video Rechargeable Battery Pack (recharges when connected to USB); 3 lithium AAA batteries may be used as a back-up power source
- Connect the built-in USB arm to your PC or Mac® to launch pre-loaded FlipShare software
- Use FlipShare software to organize and edit your videos, capture photos, send video greeting cards and create custom movies
- Share videos privately using FlipShare's attachment-free email or by creating Flip Channels; post publicly with direct video shares to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Watch your videos on your HDTV by connecting your UltraHD to your HDTV with the Flip Video HDMI Micro Cable (type D) [sold separately--coming soon]
- Extend the capability of your UltraHD with Designed for Flip products, a new expanded accessory line from Flip Video and partner companies
- Record high-quality H.264 HD videos that are compatible with most video-playing applications, including Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and iTunes
- Video: 16:9 widescreen, HD 720p (1280 x 720) at 60 frames per seconds (fps) progressive scan; recorded as MP4 files
- Included in package: Flip UltraHD video camera, rechargeable battery pack, wrist strap, soft protective case, user guide
Flip UltraHD Highlights
The World's Simplest HD Camcorder
The all-new Flip UltraHD video camera combines Flip Video's signature shoot-and-share simplicity with the power of incredible HD video. UltraHD could not be easier to use: just power on, press record, and you'll be capturing best-ever HD video. And with 8 GB of built-in memory, 2 hours of record time and an included rechargeable battery pack, you'll never miss another minute of video again. Plus the included HDMI output makes it simple to enjoy your videos on your HDTV.
Best-Ever HD Video
The new UltraHD features built-in image stabilization and incredible 720p resolution, now with double the frame rate (60 frames per second), for remarkably clear and steady HD video—no complicated settings required. UltraHD thrives in all types of lighting environments, meaning your video will look stunning no matter the condition. Premium AAC audio makes your video sound simply amazing, too.
HD Video Redefined. Image Stabilization helps provide better HD video quality.
Now with an even slimmer design, UltraHD lets you capture video anytime, anywhere. Whether it's a lazy afternoon in the park, a family vacation, or a simple everyday moment, your UltraHD will be charged and ready to go. And the new UltraHD is made to work with Designed for Flip products, the new expanded line of Flip accessories. Extend your fun and find the accessory that perfectly suits your needs.
- Organize your videos by dragging and dropping into folders you've created, or use the automatic date-stamped folders
- Edit and trim your favorite videos clips or even add your own music, all using FlipShare's easy editing tools
- Create video greeting cards or use the Magic Movie feature to make movies with the click of a button
- Capture photos using the easy Snapshot feature. You can grab a still-image photo from any of the 60 frames that comprise each second of your video
- Share privately using FlipShare's attachment-free email. Or create private Flip Channels, the easiest way to share videos and photos with groups of friends and family
- Post online by sharing directly to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
This compact adapter's USB port connects to your Flip camcoder’s USB arm.
FlipShare TV offers the ultimate home movie experience by making it easy to watch your entire Flip Video library wirelessly on your TV or HDTV.
The tripod screws into your Flip, and flexible legs let you take steady video almost anywhere.
Flip Video USB Cables
Connect your Flip camcorder to any computer, even those with hard-to-reach USB ports.
Unfold tripod legs and for stready video or use attachable straps to record action-packed video.
Protect your UltraHD 2nd Gen or Flip UltraHD camcorder and attach the case with included karabiner.
Showing 1-3 of 688 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have been a Flip camera user since they released the first gen. Flip Mino HD (not the new metallic model). I loved the camera. For what I needed it for it was everything I wanted. I soon became addicted to the Flip cameras and needed to purchase the newest one every time they came out.
I currently own the Flip Mino HD (1st gen) Flip Ultra HD (2nd Gen) Flip Slide HD, and now the Flip Ultra HD (3rd Gen with Flip Port). I also own a Canon GL2 and Vixia 30 video cameras and a Canon Xi digital SLR.
I got home from school on Tuesday and found my brand new Flip Ultra HD waiting for me. I had about 20 minutes to open the package, look and set up the features (time, date, etc.) before I had to leave for marching band rehearsal. During rehearsal I did some test shooting and I was very impressed with the quality of this camera, but I was worried about a few features.
I was reluctant at first to purchase this camera because of the 60fps feature. I did own a Kodak Zi8 and the 720p 60fps setting didn't not import into Final Cut Pro. I had to take it into compressor or some other software and change the file extension in order for Final Cut Pro to import it. Of course this causes a decrease in quality.
I was also reluctant because of the image stabilization feature. When image stabilization is added to a camera (of this size) video quality usually suffers. I know flips can be very shaky if you do not have a well trained hand. After a few hours a playing you will figure out the right movements that the camera can incorporate so your video will not come out shaky.
I don't use my Flip Slide HD because of the omni directional microphone. I can not record loud situations because the microphone distorts. This is my biggest fault with the Slide HD. I was a little concerned with the new Flip Ultra HD that it would have the same problem even though it uses a different microphone, but what really sold me on this new Flip was the accessories and the FLIP PORT.
Right off the bat I noticed all of the new accessories that they are pushing for the Flips, the aquapacks, the igo chargers, and my favorite is the magnetic Bower Wide Angel Lens. Flip and Cisco have finally started listening to its customers, but what put it over the top for me was Blue Microphones. Blue Microphones makes vintage and out of this world recording, studio, usb microphones. I own one of their USB Microphones called the Snow Ball and the quality of that microphone is amazing. When I found out that Blue Microphones was making a microphone (mikey) for the new Flip to be used with the new Flip Port, I purchased mine right away.
So the Review...
The Ultra HD has always been my favorite because of its size. I think the bigger it is the better control you will have and the less shaky video you will produce. The new Ultra HD is smaller, but not that much. It feels good in your hands. The controls and the screen are in the same place. It is a nice fit in your hand.
I was very shocked at how well the image stabilization worked. If you have used a flip before this one you know that the slightest movement will create shaky video. You can tell that this one has image stabilization. It still can produce shaky video but it might take a big jolt to do it.
The 60 fps was great. It was much clearer video and with the image stabilization it made everything much smoother and clearer in the view finder, even in low light situations. I did check when I got home and the 60fps does import right into Final Cut Pro for editing without any compression. (Probably cause the videos are in MP4 format)
Overall I think this is the best Flip Camera out on the market. I like this one better than the Mino because of the touch screen controls. Sometimes pressing the touch screen controls on the Mino will cause the camera to shake.
I hope this review was helpful. Please feel free to leave comments or questions.
See my comparison of my Flip Cameras below.
Flip Mino HD - Good Microphone (2nd out of all of them), doesn't have as wide as a shooting angle as the Ultra's. Very small in the hand, at times hard to control.
Flip Ultra HD (2nd Gen) - Good Microphone (3rd out of all of them) Wide Angle for shooting, Feels good in the hand, sturdy, wont break if dropped. Double A batteries only last a few hours, rechargeable battery pack has short life span. Unit can get hot when charging - may even shut down.
Flip Slide HD - Poor Microphone (in loud situations) - its omni directional so it picks up all around the Flip not just in the front like the others. (4th out of all of them) Touch controls are better than the Flip Mino, however this has no hard buttons. The Slide does have the largest storage capacity and is second in video quality only to the new Flip Ultra HD.
Flip Ultra HD (3rd Gen Flip Port) - Widest Angle for shooting, feels the best in the hand, has the Best Microphone and currently I believe has the best video quality. This also is the only unit that has the new Flip Port.
Cisco discontinued Flip manufacture back when I first heard of it and bought mine. They did it for a good reason: unreliable manufacture. There are many, many stories about people buying the camera only to find it inoperative, having to return it and getting a different camera, sometimes several times until one works.
You can imagine how frustrating this would be. I don't have to because it happened to me. I had to return the first Flip I bought to the retailer and got a different camera( same model) in return. That's the one I've used since. It's always charged, always been reliable and does a good job considering it has only digital zoom and not much of one at that.
I was so taken with this camera( and its ease of use) that when I saw how the price on it had plummeted with Cisco's announcement I bought two more as back ups for lower prices than the first. I gave one away to a friend, encouraging him to use it to make a music video with his band. The other sat on the shelf until recently when I decided to crank it up and take it out for a spin.
You guessed it: It didn't crank. So, imagine you've actually bought one of these that works and it stops. What then? There aren't any authorized repair shops. And you've paid what for it? You spent what on a warranty?
After I'd had the Flip for a couple of years I came into possession of a Panasonic point and shoot camera- about the same size as the Flip. It had only a slightly better zoom. The thing is, the settings allowed it to be set to take really mega-pixel photos. This camera retailed two years ago for about $25.
The iPhone with the eight-ten megapixel camera takes better pictures and video than the Flip. The little Panasonic takes better pictures. But now Amazon is selling the Flip for as much as an iPhone must cost, so be warned.
$250 buys a lot of camera these days. Don't blow it on a Flip. The sound recording is, I have to say here, great. The Flip licks up everything. The camera operator has to be very careful to keep quiet while recording.
I hope the one I gave away worked for the friend.