Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Flip UltraHD Video Camera - Black, 8 GB, 2 Hours (...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 26% off the $129.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Flip UltraHD Video Camera - Black, 8 GB, 2 Hours (3rd Generation)
|Price:||$309.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Shoot up to 2 hours of better-than-ever HD video on the easy-to-use, now even slimmer UltraHD
- Press the big red button to start capturing vibrant HD video (720p / 60fps) on the super-simple user interface
- Keep your video steady with image stabilization, UltraHD's newest feature
- Connect the built-in USB arm to your PC or Mac to launch pre-loaded FlipShare software
- Organize, create and share your videos with FlipShare software. Note: Should be charged while connected to a computer.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Item Dimensions||4.2 x 1.2 x 2.2 inches|
|Item Weight||0.55 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Weight||4 ounces|
|Media Format Digital Video||SD|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||1.6 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|RAM Memory Technology||flash memory|
|Shipping Weight||0.55 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||Lithium|
|Video Capture Format||h.264|
|Video Capture Resolution||720p_hd|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Flip UltraHD Video Camera - Black, 8 GB, 2 Hours (3rd Generation)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||$4.99||FREE Shipping||$4.99|
|Sold By||PlatinumBuys||ArchStanton||The Electronics Section||supertyty|
|Optical Zoom||2 x||2 x||2 x||2 x|
|Display Size||2 inches||2 inches||2 inches||2 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.55 pounds||0.8 pounds||0.6 pounds||0.2 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Flip UltraHD (2 Hour) Overview
- Shoot up to two hours of best-ever HD video—now with image stabilization for incredibly clear and steady video
- Press the big red button to start capturing vibrant HD video (720p / 60fps) on the super-simple user interface
- Comes with 8 GB of built-in memory, letting you capture 2 hours of HD video; no additional memory cards required
- Capture video on the go anywhere now featuring an even-slimmer design
- Power up with the included Flip Video Rechargeable Battery Pack (recharges when connected to USB); 3 lithium AAA batteries may be used as a back-up power source
- Connect the built-in USB arm to your PC or Mac® to launch pre-loaded FlipShare software
- Use FlipShare software to organize and edit your videos, capture photos, send video greeting cards and create custom movies
- Share videos privately using FlipShare's attachment-free email or by creating Flip Channels; post publicly with direct video shares to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Watch your videos on your HDTV by connecting your UltraHD to your HDTV with the Flip Video HDMI Micro Cable (type D) [sold separately--coming soon]
- Extend the capability of your UltraHD with Designed for Flip products, a new expanded accessory line from Flip Video and partner companies
- Record high-quality H.264 HD videos that are compatible with most video-playing applications, including Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and iTunes
- Video: 16:9 widescreen, HD 720p (1280 x 720) at 60 frames per seconds (fps) progressive scan; recorded as MP4 files
- Included in package: Flip UltraHD video camera, rechargeable battery pack, wrist strap, soft protective case, user guide
Flip UltraHD Highlights
The World's Simplest HD Camcorder
The all-new Flip UltraHD video camera combines Flip Video's signature shoot-and-share simplicity with the power of incredible HD video. UltraHD could not be easier to use: just power on, press record, and you'll be capturing best-ever HD video. And with 8 GB of built-in memory, 2 hours of record time and an included rechargeable battery pack, you'll never miss another minute of video again. Plus the included HDMI output makes it simple to enjoy your videos on your HDTV.
Best-Ever HD Video
The new UltraHD features built-in image stabilization and incredible 720p resolution, now with double the frame rate (60 frames per second), for remarkably clear and steady HD video—no complicated settings required. UltraHD thrives in all types of lighting environments, meaning your video will look stunning no matter the condition. Premium AAC audio makes your video sound simply amazing, too.
HD Video Redefined. Image Stabilization helps provide better HD video quality.
Now with an even slimmer design, UltraHD lets you capture video anytime, anywhere. Whether it's a lazy afternoon in the park, a family vacation, or a simple everyday moment, your UltraHD will be charged and ready to go. And the new UltraHD is made to work with Designed for Flip products, the new expanded line of Flip accessories. Extend your fun and find the accessory that perfectly suits your needs.
- Organize your videos by dragging and dropping into folders you've created, or use the automatic date-stamped folders
- Edit and trim your favorite videos clips or even add your own music, all using FlipShare's easy editing tools
- Create video greeting cards or use the Magic Movie feature to make movies with the click of a button
- Capture photos using the easy Snapshot feature. You can grab a still-image photo from any of the 60 frames that comprise each second of your video
- Share privately using FlipShare's attachment-free email. Or create private Flip Channels, the easiest way to share videos and photos with groups of friends and family
- Post online by sharing directly to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
This compact adapter's USB port connects to your Flip camcoder’s USB arm.
FlipShare TV offers the ultimate home movie experience by making it easy to watch your entire Flip Video library wirelessly on your TV or HDTV.
The tripod screws into your Flip, and flexible legs let you take steady video almost anywhere.
Flip Video USB Cables
Connect your Flip camcorder to any computer, even those with hard-to-reach USB ports.
Unfold tripod legs and for stready video or use attachable straps to record action-packed video.
Protect your UltraHD 2nd Gen or Flip UltraHD camcorder and attach the case with included karabiner.
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
I have been a Flip camera user since they released the first gen. Flip Mino HD (not the new metallic model). I loved the camera. For what I needed it for it was everything I wanted. I soon became addicted to the Flip cameras and needed to purchase the newest one every time they came out.
I currently own the Flip Mino HD (1st gen) Flip Ultra HD (2nd Gen) Flip Slide HD, and now the Flip Ultra HD (3rd Gen with Flip Port). I also own a Canon GL2 and Vixia 30 video cameras and a Canon Xi digital SLR.
I got home from school on Tuesday and found my brand new Flip Ultra HD waiting for me. I had about 20 minutes to open the package, look and set up the features (time, date, etc.) before I had to leave for marching band rehearsal. During rehearsal I did some test shooting and I was very impressed with the quality of this camera, but I was worried about a few features.
I was reluctant at first to purchase this camera because of the 60fps feature. I did own a Kodak Zi8 and the 720p 60fps setting didn't not import into Final Cut Pro. I had to take it into compressor or some other software and change the file extension in order for Final Cut Pro to import it. Of course this causes a decrease in quality.
I was also reluctant because of the image stabilization feature. When image stabilization is added to a camera (of this size) video quality usually suffers. I know flips can be very shaky if you do not have a well trained hand. After a few hours a playing you will figure out the right movements that the camera can incorporate so your video will not come out shaky.Read more ›
|Length: 1:43 Mins|
So far as that goes, it's a great camera, especially at the price. The only real problem with it is that the overall interface is fairly dumbed down -- for the sake of ease of use, they've traded away a *lot* of functionality. For example, it's easy to view the clips you've just recorded in the viewfinder, but you can't "fast forward" or "rewind" to a specific frame when you're not actively playing back videos, because there's only one set of "forward" and "reverse" buttons, and they also fill the "skip to next/previous clip" functions.
Similarly, the editing software is clean and easy to use, but lacks a lot of options. It's fairly easy to take a chunk of video, yank out a selection of favorite clips, and string them together into a movie, and maybe even put a title on the front and credits at the end, but anything more complicated than that ain't happening without third-party editing software. Perhaps most critical is the lack of a "resize" feature -- because this camera records at such a high resolution, even fairly short videos taken with it can quickly reach prohibitively high file sizes (two minutes of video from this camera took me approximately two hours to upload to YouTube, over a DSL connection).Read more ›
The caveat here is that this is now a single-purpose, niche product, whose single purpose can be found on a number of different devices, from DSLR's, to point and shoot cameras, to smartphones (and probably non smart phones). You would be hard pressed to find even the lowliest point and shoot digital camera that doesn't record 720p video these days.
The one differentiator here is that this Flip shoots video at 60 frames per second, which is great if you are mostly going to be shooting outdoors, in bright light (because you SHOULD get smoother looking action, although most people can't see the difference). But it can actually be a disadvantage (vs the more standard 24 or 30fps) when shooting in lower light situations. I found this to be true as I compared several gadgets of mine (iPhone 4, Canon S95 digital camera, Canon HV30 HD camcorder), shooting the same indoors scene.
Just hard to recommend that anyone buy this today, knowing that almost every digicam on the market does 720p video now (and several of the new gen point and shoots do 1080p!) I shot the same scene (outdoors, but in very cloudy conditions) with my iPhone 4 and the Flip. The iPhone's video was slightly less contrasty, and a little more shaky looking due to no optical image stabilization like the Flip has. BUT at least I could focus on certain areas with the iPhone. With the Flip, I have no way to focus on a particular object, which is tough.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was good while it lasted (6 months) then it stopped working. It's obsolete, can't do anything with it now.Published 2 days ago by M. Corina Fernandez
The camera is great, the battery is not! Once the original battery dies, and some people receive one that doesn't work well to begin with, you have the choice of using AAA... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Blake Hansen
Ok first, UltraHD is 4k not 720p at 60 fps so this is false advertisement. Second, this camera is not worth $300... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Bought the camera 6 weeks ago. Cannot get a battery to work. Ordered 2; neither charges or powers the camera. Have tried 2 sets of AAA batteries. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Jim Wade