Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(4 star, Verified Purchases). See all 109 reviews
on July 23, 2011
We purchased the Flip recorder, and figured a back-up battery was in order. Although the Flip will take regular batteries, it uses them up much more quickly than a Flip battery. Good investment (...and yep we LOVE the Flip!).
on November 16, 2012
I could not get the battery to charge. I had to call the help line to find out how to jump start it. After that it still took me 24 hours to get the battery to even begin to charge. After that it has been fine so far.
on November 19, 2013
After educating myself on the difficulties of charging a flip battery I found the performance of the battery fine. The flip apparently will charge batteries in trickle mode based on certain circumstances. The result is after traditionally charging the battery for several hours there will be very little power to the battery. If this is an issue, just google flip battery will not charge on how to charge the battery not in trickle mode.

Overall the battery works as expected. Products as timely delivered, noo issues incurred after ten recharges.
on May 12, 2013
I generally try to buy batteries that were made by the same company that produced my item. I have a Flip Ultra HD camcorder. I really like it. I have some problems lately with it not turning on. Though I can remedy this problem by taking the battery out, plugging it into the computer, putting the battery back in...I wasn't sure if it wasn't a sign that my camcorder's battery is starting to die. Therefore, I thought I would buy a new one...because losing my camcorder would be a disaster. I make money off videos I upload.

I haven't fully tested this new battery yet. My old battery is like this one. With continuous use, I get 30-45 minutes before the battery goes low. I realize this may not be good for everyone, but for my needs it is fine. It takes about two hours to charge up from the computer if I drain it almost totally. Normally I do short clips, and I can store nearly two hours of footage that way. The battery life can last me as long as a week in these cases. The battery is easy to remove and insert. I have noticed that the camcorder gets hot with continuous use--but that seems to be the camcorder and not the battery.
on August 8, 2011
I received my Flip HD Ultra some time ago and, to say the least, was very disappointed that they chose to stop production of these blog type video recorders. The picture quality is excellent and, combined with ease of use and small size, it is very user friendly and the software package is also very good. I bought the extra battery pack because they might be hard to get in the near future and it is always handy to have a backup.

I do agree with their reasons for stopping production though - phones and tablets are almost capable of doing the same thing nowadays and their only alternative was to reduce the price so much that it would be a liability on the books.

Waxy in Thailand
on June 4, 2014
I am happy that I have a battery for my Flip but something strange happens every time I use the Flip. The battery stops doing it's job and I have to open the camera and wiggle the battery and it will work again. Maybe it is the fault of my new Flip which I had ordered from China. I really don't know.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2012
Worked great in our Flip UltraHD video camera. The cost of this battery was reasonable. It was a perfect replacement.
on December 9, 2012
I have only used it once, but I am sure I'll be happy with it. It seems to hold a charge as well as the original.
on December 15, 2013
Product as described. Very fast delivery. I'm very pleased with the camera and was worried that if the battery ever failed I would not be able to get a replacement. That is no longer a problem.
on November 28, 2011
Is as was advertised, worked fine. Can't find anything wrong with it. Price is reasonable as well. Easy to remove old unit and install this one.