Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

• Customer Reviews

on September 25, 2013
I received these headphone straight from Flips audio themselves, I took there try before you buy challenge. I used them over a couple of weeks to them an honest try. I used them as headphones and also used the unique feature and as the name suggests the ear cups flip out 180 degrees to act as powered amplified portable speakers.

Here is the break down of the head phones.

Presentation.
The overall presentation of the headphones are very nice from the sleek packaging stating all the aspects of the headphones to the ample amounts of padding used to secure the headphones themselves. The headphones themselves are stored inside a semi hard shell. The. Hard shell itself Is more of an egg shape to accommodate the headphones in their folded positions. Inside the case comes the headphones in their folded position and a USB charging cable to charge the battery that is used when the headphones are used in the flipped out speaker position.

Build quality
The overall build quality of the headphones are a mixed bag. Some parts are built for use and abuse, like the sturdy metal hinges that are used when folding the phones to store them. While other parts seem just a little too weak for the job at hand. Ie. the pivot points of the actual ear cups have a very slight wobble when you flip out the ear cups to use as head phones. I do not know if they are designed that way or not. Also the headphones are a tight fit, after using them for an extended time the pressure of the head phone can be felt on the temples, even more so if you use glasses.

Sound quality

The sound of the headphones are good but not great. The sound range of the headphones seem to be somewhat limited are a bit flat. Mind you all of the sounds are their and can be heard. But the overall mix of the speakers seems to limit what these speakers are actually capable of doing.On the up side they do sound much better when they are flipped out and used as powered speakers.

Overall

These headphones are descent headphones. But there are a few nuances That seems to keep these headphones from being great. I.e. the tight fit and the limited soundscape of the earphones keep these head phones from being a great pair.

I hope this honest review of these head phones help the maker consider some minor changes to these to make these head phones a great pair.

But as with all reviews it is up to you to come up with your own conclusion.
55 comments| 207 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2013
So I have a pair of these - Took me by complete surprise. I normally use earphones, but lately I've been looking increasingly at headphones and was extremely frustrated at how expensive (and sub-par!!) headphones under $200 were! Heck, my EARPHONES that cost $50 had better audio quality than most! Then I saw these. They were better quality than the Beats solo which cost 200 dollars, PLUS they turn out into speakers!!

Granted, they're not mind-blowingly great audio quality. But compared to other headphones below the $150 price point (even the $200 ones!) - these are better than most. Huge + given that they also insulate external sound extremely well. I hope these are just the first gen, because I'd definitely love for them to improve the bass and the highs.

Update from a comment I had with another curious user:
Interestingly enough - I think their speaker mode audio sounds better than their headphone mode. I thought it would have been the other way around though. I must say however, that it still isn't half bad on headphone mode. I would love it if they work on the trebles/highs as well, but then again from experience no one headphone/earphones can cover all of them.

I'd say give them a shot, because you can still return them if you don't like it. So far, no problems though - I just wish my colleague would stop stealing them :|
55 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2014
Worked fine for 10 months. They just stopped working (no sound at all) after normal use. I checked with FlipsAudio and there is only a 90 day warranty and there is no repair option. They offered me a "discount" of $20 off for a new pair at $100. As I write this, price on Amazon is $84.95. Buyer beware.
on January 1, 2014
Good quality sound that only last for 90 days (warranty period for a replacement) after that, the loudspeaker flip-switch will no longer work properly or not at all. have fun dealing with customer service.

Upped the score from 1 star to 3, since customer service came through and solved the issue with the flip switch. Replacements so far sound awesome...
on November 4, 2015
I bought the Flip Earphones for my son. He really loves music and he loves to play it for other people. I am constantly wanting him to use ear phones or buds. He is always wanting to amplify the music with an external speaker. These earphones allow him to do both with the same device.

To use the Flip earphones as speakers, the built in battery must be charged. The earphones come with a USB charging cable, but the charging port is on top, so it prevents you from charging them while you are using them as speakers.

I find the earphones comfortable, but there is no noise canceling in them.

Pros:

Comfortable
Storage clamshell included
Charging cable included

Cons:

No noise canceling
on January 20, 2014
Bought for my daughter and she loves them. And very good sound when she flips them. (Sometimes wish I couldn't hear lol)
on July 8, 2014
My parents got these for my son at Christmas time. He saw a commercial for them around that time. The whole concept is great. They worked like a charm for about one month. Then once you tried to flip them out there wouldn't be any sound. I had to return them through Brookstone. Which wasn't a big deal. They didn't hesitate. But seeing deals and prices on other headphone brands and compare them to what these cost I would have made my son wait for a price drop on something else.
on September 10, 2014
Please beware and pass the word share this with all your Facebook friends. I purchased these flips head phones and 6 months later they started to have issues ie: sound quality. I contacted customer service and was told they would not service the equipment because the warranty was already extended to 6 months from 3 months. I advised them this was unfair to customers and what was I supposed to do with these faulty head phones I was told to purchase a new pair. DO NOT BUY FLIPS AUDIO HEAD PHONES, THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!!! $119 TO RENT A PAIR OF HEAD PHONES....I know you're say stop crying, but fair is fair I'm not crying about the $119 I'm upset that they don't care I spent $119 and the people I refer would have spent $119. Anyway stay away from this product and share this status.
on January 8, 2016
Good sound, good price. The only thing is, be sure you have a good phone if you want to use them as speakers. I had an inexpensive phone and the sound was very weak. I tried them with a friend’s flagship phone and the sound was great. Needless to say, I replaced my phone.
on May 15, 2016
The sound quality is good but the headphones cracked the fourth time I wore them and not because I dropped them but I was merely trying to put them on my head -- these Flips are DEFECTIVE so buy another pair that doesn't break so easily.