Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(3 star). See all 232 reviews
on October 27, 2013
Fun & quirky read. If you like Twilight _ you'll like this author too. Halloween is a good time to read her.
on December 1, 2013
Started out slow but I enjoyed the book. It had its funny parts and in some areas it was a bit slow.
on March 13, 2011
I bought this book because it sounded fun, and there were some aspects of it that were fun. I like the fact that the author had been a humor columnist before turning to fiction. But the author had problems with plot-making--I guess humor writers don't worry about plots. She did a good job in building the tension between her heroine and hero who seemed to dislike each other while at the same time being attracted. And she resolved their differences in an acceptable manner. But after that, it got strange. I couldn't understand how Cooper could resist the pull of an Alpha being with his pack. Even though pack members said it would destroy him not to be with them, the book ended with Cooper not being with them. Neither did I understand his sister's anger with him--a case of miscommunication? And I thought the ending to the book was a bit contrived. Mo can't reach Cooper for days, but then he shows up in the nick of time.

This is really more of a romance novel that is parading as a fantasy novel. I don't think the author worked very well at her world building--Cooper couldn't remember his time as a wolf, but another werewolf who is not as strong as Cooper could remember everything?

I hesitated over my rating. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't think it was that good. I'd give it a 2.5 star rating.
13 helpful votes
14 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 6, 2017
This was a cute, fun read. I liked the protagonist and the supporting characters, and the sex was fun and hot. However, I'm docking two stars for continuity errors. The main character, Mo, took on a dog (Oscar) for a friend who was violently attacked and was unable to take care of him. However, the author spent a lot of time building up Mo's relationship with Oscar, only to drop it with no warning. Suddenly, Oscar no longer existed, almost like he became inconvenient and not worth writing about any more. It jarred me completely out of the story. Why spend a few chapters writing a cute character into your main story, giving him a huge personality and wardrobe, only to completely delete him?
Enthusiast: Coloringon December 17, 2013
How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf has been on my radar for quite a long time. I had high hopes for it, since it looked super cute and fun. For the most part it was, but I was still a little disappointed. It didn't hold my attention that well in the beginning, but once the plot and the romance picked up, I really enjoyed it. However, the last few chapters almost completely lost my interest, since they follow my biggest romance pet peeve. Well, pet peeve isn't quite the right word, but I just hate when these things happen.

I did like Mo, our narrator. She's spunky, and has set out to Alaska to start her own life away from her parents. Her parents are the definition of overbearing, and they're 100% hippy. The stories from Mo's past involving her mother were hilarious and disturbing. There's no area of her life where her mother wasn't involved and trying to insert her own ideals. It's definitely understandable why Mo would want to get away, even if she has to go clear across the country to the middle of nowhere, Alaska.

The romance in How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf is the typical hate to love type, which I pretty much always enjoy. Cooper is a bit rough around the edges. Actually, he's about as prickly as a porcupine and immediately rubs Mo the wrong way. There's still a sexual attraction there, but Cooper doesn't make his move until another gentleman in town starts showing interest in her. I guess that's the alpha in him. Not that he's just an alpha-male, which he is, but he's also the alpha-wolf. Not that anyone in their small town knows this except for his cousin, and now Mo.

The plot was also pretty good. There's a string of wolf attacks in town, causing serious injuries and some disappearances. Cooper worries that it might be him since he can't always remember what he does while in wolf form. Of course, it's not. Someone sure is making him look suspicious though. I didn't figure out the true culprit, but I don't think there were many hints along the way. In true villain fashion, they give a several page epic speech about why they did what they did.

I did like How to the Flirt with a Naked Werewolf a lot. It just took awhile for me to get into, but once I did it was funny and sexy, and a bit suspenseful. I just didn't like the turn it took close to the end. If you've read most of my romance reviews you'll probably figure out what it is that bothered me. I didn't expect it, although I did notice a detail while reading that could lead to it. And then it did, and I got annoyed. It's not a bad way to end the book, but it's something I wish wasn't so common.
on October 23, 2013
HOW TO FLIRT WITH A NAKED WEREWOLF by Molly Harper.

The first half was the most fun. I was chuckling and smiling several times. The quirky humor worked for me. But the second half was less original. It was typical romance plotting and not well developed.

Mo guessed Cooper was a werewolf too quickly and without reason. She didn't see him shift or anything unusual. She saw a wolf and thought his eyes were similar to Cooper's eyes. That was a stretch. She went from normalcy to accepting the existence of paranormals. Sure the wolf attacked a bad guy, but dogs do that.

The separations and bad guy parts were ok, but not good enough to make it a good story. For example at the end, the bad guy does a tell-all just before he plans to kill a good guy.

I prefer not to read first person, but this was better than I expected due to humor.

There were four sex scenes. The first one was fun and hot. He shredded her clothes. They were in his way. The other sex scenes were brief, not much detail. This has less sex than most romance these days.

NARRATOR:
I did not like the narrator Amanda Ronconi doing men. She used a weird, whispering, soft voice which did not work for me. It was not sexy or masculine. I've heard other female narrators do men better. The narrator's interpretations were good for humor, but her voice for the heroine was a bit irritating. She had a pleasing voice for Gracie, Cooper's mom.

DATA:
Narrative mode: 1st person. Unabridged audiobook length: 9 hrs and 12 mins. Swearing language: strong including religious swear words. Sexual language: moderate. Number of sex scenes: 4. Setting: mostly current day Grundy, Alaska. Book copyright: 2011. Genre: humorous contemporary paranormal romance.
on June 30, 2014
I liked this series better than her vampire series but it still has some problems. The characters in this series so far seem to be stronger, less cliched than the characters in her vampire series. They still need a little work but they are interesting. The main problem I have though is with the story. There seems to be no main story throughout the whole book. While it is interesting for the first little bit to meet the characters and the town that the book is going to take place in, after about 100 pages this gets kinda boring and there is nothing there to replace it. Also there is something that happens at the end of the book that jumps the narrative to far ahead of where it should be. This is the first book in a series and there are some things that just should not happen, not matter how logical they might seem. While this seems like it will be better than her other series, and the book wasn't bad per se, it still wasn't a book that I found that I couldn't put down.
on February 22, 2013
Immediately promising to be another brilliant laughter filled ride by the genius of Molly Harper. The cast is just as colorful as her Jane Jameson series. Mo is a great character with just the kind of laughable family background you come to expect from a creation of Harper.

My giggles couldn't be contained and I was loving all the crazy humor from Mo's hippy parents and her attempts to escape their over bearing parental needs. When we meet the hunky Alaskan Cooper I was already swooning and enjoying his lone alpha attitude as Mo unwittingly seduces him. It really is an enjoyable romance and I enjoyed the slow build of emotions and the hot wild Alaskan nights.

Then the middle of the book started to kick in, where poor hikers and neighbors start getting chewed on by "wild" wolves. Mo knows these killings are too smart for normal wolves, it has to be werewolves. Cooper's past isn't exactly spotless and she starts to doubt him--especially since Cooper isn't 100% he didn't do it. It's obvious who's doing it, and why. Harper's mysteries haven't always been the most cleverest, but I felt like this book shouldn't have even bothered with it. It didn't help to solidify much in the story, and I actually enjoyed watching the build up of the relationship and other characters much more. Though I can't say it didn't serve some kind of purpose, it was just so obvious it lagged the book down.

Not Harper's greatest work, but it has a lot of promise and it gives us our Harper humor fix. The beginning and end is tons of fun, and helps to over look the lagging plot line. Book two is something I'll be checking out!

Sexual Content: Some pretty spicy scenes, however nothing to wild for a paranormal romance.

3/5- Adored it, just a few minor details held it back.

Originally reveiewd at Book Whispers.
on November 2, 2013
I like this author's books, but found this one a bit "same old, same old". It's not bad to read, but I just expected more from Ms. Harper. It'll probably be a good book if you haven't read any of her other ones.
on November 6, 2011
Rated 3.5/5

Summary: Mo Wenstein has had enough of her hippy parents and their constant interference in her life. Given courage by the thought of being as far away from them as possible, she moves from Mississippi to Alaska without telling them where she is going.

Alaska proves to be a good fit for Mo. She makes new friends and finds a job quickly. She even meets a nice young police officer, named Alan, who is instantly smitten with her. However, Mo's attention is constantly drawn to Cooper - the only man in Grundy who seems determined to make her feel unwanted.

Cooper may treat her with hostility much of the time, but Mo begins to see some similarities between him and the giant wolf who has saved her life and continues to watch over her. Her suspicions that Cooper is a werewolf are eventually proven true. In spite of the tension between them, they eventually fall in love.

Unfortunately, this love story is complicated by several area murders and attacks. People are being killed by a rogue wolf, and no one has been able to catch the animal. Cooper doesn't remember his actions while he is in wolf form, so he considers himself a suspect in the attacks. Is Cooper a killer? And if it isn't Cooper, then who is responsible?

Review: This book started out as a cute story with plenty of witty comic relief. I enjoyed Mo's character, as well as her frequent stories about her crazy parents. Those stories about her childhood were the best parts of the book. I was a little less enthralled with the male characters in the book, and that was mostly due to the fact that we don't know much about them. I never felt much of a connection to Cooper, nor did I understand Mo's connection to him.

As far as the storyline, I thought it felt very familiar. It had an extraordinary number of parallels to The Twilight Saga. If you ever wondered what Bella Swan's life would have been like if she had only met Jacob and the wolf pack when she moved to Forks (no vamps), then this would be that alternate universe. Here are some examples of the similarities between the books: the main character being more adult than her mother, moving North into the wilderness, cooking every day, falling for someone who acted like he hated her at first, suspicious animal attacks, not choosing the "easy" relationship when given the choice, being left behind by the man she loves because he is trying to save her life, Cooper being the true alpha of his pack even though he is not taking on the responsibility, and there is even a half-breed baby involved at the end.

The further I read into this book, the less I enjoyed it. As soon as I started recognizing the parallels between this story and Twilight, this book became predictable and much less engaging. I found myself thinking "that was just like Jacob Black" or "that happened in New Moon", etc. I should have been focusing on the characters in THIS book, but instead I was thinking about characters from a different series. That shouldn't happen.

Harper does a great job writing witty, sarcastic dialog and funny situations. She clearly has talent in that regard. If her story elements had been more unique, I would have given this book a higher rating. I'm willing to give this author another chance because she does have strengths. Hopefully this was an anomaly.