Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 106 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 206 reviews
on January 27, 2015
In search of his birth parents, a new father, his wife, baby, and too-sexy adoption agency worker, go on a wild ride across country and back, proving, among other things, that you really should be careful what you wish for! This movie was hilarious and kept throwing surprises at you. Amazing cast outdoes itself, and tho I usually go in the opposite direction when I see Ben Stiller, he's perfect in this. I've seen it 5 or 6 times and still enjoy watching it with friends who haven't seen it yet! When you find a movie you've never heard of and give it a try, it often turns out there's a reason, it's just not good. This little secret gem is an exception to that rule!
on May 21, 2017
I am not a big fan of Ben Stiller or Patricia Arquette but I thought I would give it a try. The movie had some funny moments not a lot, some of the characters I felt were not as developed as I had hoped. Mary Tyler Moore for instance really got on my nerves, I guess to each his own when it comes to comedy. And the actor who played Lonnie I mean WTF I don't know, the sad part is that outtakes are usually funny but not in this case. After a while it seemed like the baby just disappeared it wasn't what I had hoped it would be but some folks seem to like it . For me its simply meh
on February 21, 2013
Screwball comedy at its best with a fantastic cast! Every gag works and director David O. Russell displays a tremendous sense of comic timing in the cutting and editing of scenes, but he also seems to let his actors do what they want. One thinks of Robert Altman. Lili Tomlin and Alan Alda are priceless as Ben Stiller's drug-dealing "real" birth parents, and George Segal and Mary Tyler Moore are hysterical as the fussy and irritable adoptive parents. Simply delicious plot complications. Josh Brolin and Richard E. Jenkins are memorably funny as married-to-each-other Federal agents. Tea Leoni is perfect as the ditzy adoption counselor, and Patricia Arquette works beautifully as Stiller's almost infinitely tolerant wife with a babe in arms.
on February 23, 2017
Intricate, playful, interesting twists and turns, and an amazing cast of characters. This is a true comedy classic.
on May 14, 2017
Funny, funny movie. Mary Tyler Moore is great, as are Lily Tomlin and Alan Alda. Principal players all are great as well.
on December 7, 2016
So many great actors, but the comedy was uneven. And at times... not really that funny.
on March 1, 2016
I'm not crazy about comedies, but I like the freewheeling approach of this one. I would say that at least 50% of my fondness for this movie comes from the great Richard Jenkins in one of his early roles. His line, "Is this a musical table?" is the funniest in the movie.
on July 23, 2016
outrageously funny but with a cast of characters none of whom I could identify with. Only the second reference to armpit fetish I've ever heard while the retrogressive destruction of human minds with chemical warfare dates back to LBJ's chemical warfare against America with the help of Hah Vahd Yahd's criminal gang formation promotions.
on February 2, 2017
one of my favorite movies perfect cast and Mary Tyler Mooore was sweet to see just after she passed I adore Arquette, Stiller tomlin and cast Woody funny Tea good and makes me laugh hard and I put a sin up for adoption and still laugh hard Brolin great funny
on September 24, 2010
I don't normally write reviews because I'm a very lazy person, but I just bought this collector's edition dvd which I haven't received yet but wanted to share to anybody who loves dark witty humor, don't miss this movie, it makes me laugh since the 1st minute till the last! Mary Taylor Moore should have received an award for this film, the hole cast is perfect! and the scene that makes me cry more is when stiller brakes the glass animal collection from the 1st family they visit, and they are picking the pieces from the floor, he picks one piece and the mother says "oh that's the dog's tale" so he throws it away and she goes "don't throw it!" man, don't ask me why but that scene makes me roll on the floor, the hole movie is full of this small details that make it brilliant, a brilliant comedy! Don't miss it!Hope the extras in the dvd are good, I had the old copy and it sucked big time!