|Print List Price:||$14.00|
Save $4.05 (29%)
The Flivver King: A Story of Ford America Kindle Edition
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The story's focus, however, is on the treatment of the workers. When Ford started his factory, he cared a great deal about his employees, but as time went on he became obsessed with speeding up the manufacturing process and increasing his profits. By streamlining the process and making people work harder, his profits grew while his workers received the same pay. When the workers tried to form unions Ford's "hidden spies" crushed any attempt of congregation, even resorting to violence.
This book was like reading a detailed piece of history. Ford's anti-Semitic feelings are revealed through his little-known Dearborn Chronicle Magazine and how the Klan was active in the Detroit area. Also, Ford company initiatives are accounted for as well (such as moral families received a substantial bonus - if they allowed themselves to be investigated.) The historical scope of the novel is fascinating and I found it compelling, rich, and hard to put down. It is similar to the Sinclair's Jungle (an account on the conditions of the meat packing plants). The book was instrumental in the formation of the United Auto Worker's Union.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
a ggod book to reveal how money changes people. An insight to Henry Fords real character. Short read too.Published 12 months ago by bball
I first read this book as part of a Michigan history class and loved it then. It provides another perspective on the myth of Henry Ford and his friends.Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer
Had a great read, learned a lot about Henry Ford and the Motor Company. Did not expect to be so interested in all of it.Published 16 months ago by Petronela
I had to read this in college, and then bought another copy for home. This should be required reading for all!Published 21 months ago by Yo Mama
I love every thing about this book. It tell us how thing change like. The the car every time the car were giving different domelPublished 23 months ago by Afusat
The book is a fictional look at the progress Henry Ford made by creating a new industry while examining the social issues supposedly faced by some workers at his plants.Published 23 months ago by Thomas J. Maher Jr.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Economics > Economic History
- Books > Business & Money > Human Resources
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Automotive > History
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Manufacturing
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Biography & History > Labor Policy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Economics > Economic History
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Economics > Labor & Industrial Relations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Engineering & Transportation > Automotive > History
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Manufacturing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Americas > United States > 20th Century