Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 231 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 263 reviews
on November 26, 2015
Worked perfectly as a replacement for the pump that broke on my 14 gallon Flo N Go gas tank. I believe I broke the original one by clamping the handle open and then allowing it to hang in my vehicles gas tank. The weight of the gas + clamp in cold Ohio winters caused the plastic to get a stress break at the top on the black spout right where it meets the red handle part. So if you're pumping with this, don't be lazy, just hold it open even if it does take a few minutes to drain those 14 gallons. To install, I sliced the old one off as close as I could to the handle, then I just pushed the new one onto the existing hose. The rest of the kit did me no good as I didn't need it. I bought the 14 gallon tank to take full advantage of my grocery store gas discount as none of my vehicles can take the full 30-35 gallons of discounted fuel, no reason to throw away 15-20 gallons at $1, $2, or even full price off! I saved $1570 on gas last year using the tank with this handle.
on May 30, 2016
When used with its companion 5 gal can, it works very well. I use it to refuel a couple of lawn mowers and an atv, however with this degree of useage it will not last more then a summer or two. The pump handle leaks and will not start a siphon action. Over the years I have had 3 of these units and none have lasted more then a couple of summers. As stated, they work well but just know they will not last.
on September 8, 2016
I like it...I use it all the time, it saves your back. This pump was ideal when I needed to safely refill a hot generator during a power outage and spillage could be very dangerous. I do have a recommendation.. if you pick one up and it's (optional) of course...I went to our local marine shop and picked up 6' of quality rubber gas hose and a couple hose clamps, this gives the Max-Flo some more length and better flex. Get it!!!...you will definitely use and like it.
The only con I have: This product could be improved with a beefier pump that gets the syphon started a little quicker... but there's nothing out there that is better in this price range...for now.
on August 15, 2016
This worked well for about six months. After a while the pump that starts the flow of gas won't work making the tool pretty much worthless. It is clearly very cheaply made. The concept is great, but the execution is flawed. It looks and feels like a child's toy.
on November 5, 2016
This is my 3rd time I've purchased this product so obviously I like it. For some reason the nozzle breaks where it enters into the red casing. It's happened on both of the last two I've owned. Seems to last about 2 - 3 years, then I end up having to replace. I've taken them apart and have glued several times with different types of glue (hot glue, different epoxy for plastics, JB weld) but to no avail it doesn't hold long term. The gas seems to weaken/break down the plastic at this point. I have tried other options, but have had less success with other ones. I plan to keep my eye out for the next best product to try, but without a better option, I'll continue to purchase this product.
on September 9, 2016
I recommend this product but be forewarned. You may have to fix it upon arrival but this is not as big of a deal as it sounds.

This would be a five star item if I did not have to make a repair right out of the box.

Mine would not siphon as many other reviewers have said. I put a hose clamp on the neck of the siphon tube to seal it and I haven't had any more problems. I bought this to replace my old one which finally broke after ten years. I had a second one but it broke after about four years of use.

I am glad they upgraded the hose which is much better quality. Whenever this one breaks, I will replace it as soon as possible.
on July 24, 2015
I purchased this to suck old gas from my jet ski. it works fine just as it should. requires a few pumps of the handle and the gas started flowing. it does not have a switch in place to lock the handle in pump mode. also I had to give it some extra pumps after gas was flowing for a while. I also purchased a small bulb syphon and it sucks compared to this one but this one is also 10x the price but if you need a good siphon this is a good one to go with drained a 5 gallon tank in less than 2 minutes! works well hose is long enough and not that cheaply made just don't drop it hard.
on May 14, 2015
This is exactly the the MaxFlo nozzle I have on my 14 gallon unit. The only downside is that the cap is a little long and the neck on my can is a little short so I cannot get a good seal. I have to look for some thick rubber washers to fill up the space so the cap doesn't bottom out. Other than that it will be great once I start to use it.
on September 4, 2014
This is a great product! I bought it to fill my pontoon boat and it works great. Before I had to hold the 5-Gal can and pour it into a funnel that overflowed or spilled frequently.

Now I just set the can on top of the gas compartment cover, put the hose in the can, put the nozzle in the gas filler, pump the handle a few times and wait for the can to drain out (about 2 - 3 minutes).

The only effort to gassing up the boat now is lifting the cans up a couple of feet to the boat.

If you want to fill any other tank you just need to make sure there is a suitable flat place to sit the can that is above the tank fill opening. This is a siphon system so don't try to use it any other way or you will be disappointed.

I am getting another one for the house to use filling up the mower and cars from 5-Gal cans.
on September 7, 2016
First of all it is not a siphon pump. The gas can has to be above the item being filled. This defeats the purpose of easy filling gas tanks like lawmowers. The gas cap won't fit all gas cans. It is just a toy as far as I am concerned. What's the purpose? I don't get the use of this. I got it to pump gas from large gas cans rather than lifting them and spilling them. This is not the item to do this. You would have to put the gas can on a ladder first. Do not buy this if that is what you are looking for.