Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 55 reviews
on November 26, 2012
I much prefer Natalie Stewart, or The Floacist's music to Marsha Ambrosa's music. I am not understanding why she is not getting air time on local radio stations here in Houston! This is my second CD by her, and I love both of them.
on November 19, 2012
When listening to her music you can tell that she listen to a lot of fusion jazz and African music. I love the aura and the vibe when she tell stories with her soulful voice. She adds rhythem just rapping alone and she do sings in some of her songs. Though she can do without Floetry her partner Marsha, I really wish they get back together because they make great music. Hands down...no money wasted and yet you get pure soul and jazz in every track.
on February 3, 2013
I... feel virtually speechless. I've been moved to make a review because that's how strongly I feel about this artist. I was upset when Floetry parted ways and I saw Floetry's other half coming back on the world stage, but, where was Natalie?? Sure, I like arpeggios and vocal range like the next musician-listener person, but... the soul... Especially for me after coming back from overseas (I'm in the US now), I've been languishing, waiting for music that touches the soul as I've been re-immersing myself in the world around me.

I bought a song from the initial album, but I'm about to back and buy the 1st album to go with the second. I've listened to ALL the tracks of this CD ON repeat, and I am not disappointed. It's almost cathartically relieving to know there is an artist out there who is not only spiritually in tune with themselves, but it shows in her music. THIS is what I expect of neo soul music. Not just commercialized "I can do it better than the last sensation" but "there's something really here, think about it for a second would you please?"

I'm not a coffee expert, but her album is like drinking the smoothest, best tasting refreshing cup of freshly ground coffee you've had in a long time after drinking instant coffee for years. I pray, the dry spell is now over!

5/5 with a standing ovation.
on January 29, 2013
Natalie Stewart, the Floacist. If you remember nothing else, remember that. I was utterly impressed with Floetic Soul, her first solo album from 2010. It still sounded like Floetry, but it featured the young lady who did the Spoken Word. Honestly, that's what I thought, and that's what I expected when I first heard about it. This time, I believe she fine-tuned a little bit, and basically remained on course. As she did on her previous album, she eemploys the talents of other artists, and that adds to the Egyptian Musk that seems to fill the room the moment you press play. Lots of great material, some ballads, some up tempo songs, and a lot to think about. This is what I expect from someone called the Floacist, and it's good to know she can deliver. For airplay, we've selected Children of the Sun, Step Out, Soul, and Speechless, but I pretty much like the entire CD. That's something you can not say very often these days. If she performs in your area, take your lady out, or ladies, take your man to see this talented young artist. She is worth the cost of admission, whatever they're charging.
on January 27, 2014
The music, vocal harmonies, and lyrics in this album are impeccable! It is filled with soul and is beautiful from beginning to end! Better than her first, in my opinion, especially the duet with Raheem DeVaughn. As a fan of Marvin Gaye, this song is awesome.
on July 19, 2013
Awesome is all I can say. My brother actually gave me my first CD of Floetry, and I still rock it to this day! I love the new rendition of some of the prior jams on this CD. Absolutely love this CD. Keep it coming, and I will keep buying your sound. God Bless you & Sista!
on November 13, 2013
While I am a die hard "Floetry needs to get back together" fan This is still a great motivation peaceful and reflective album.
on August 9, 2015
I really like the group Floetry and was devastated when they parted. Heard a song from Marsha Ambrosious first solo CD and loved it sought I bought it and fell in love with the CD, played it to death. Also then bought her next ones which I liked as well. After reading some good reviews I thought I'd try her solo Cd's they are okay but not really my style.
on March 8, 2015
Natalie just keeps getting better and better. Didn't know if I would like her without Marcia. Marcia has become too commercial and it seems to cloud her real talent. The conveyor belt music isn't the way to go. Natalie you are super nice and keep up the great work.
on January 5, 2015
Her first two cds are both great: powerful messages set to awesome music. Her third release is an entirely different affair. She's ridiculously outshone Marsha and made clear that she's carrying the legacy of Floetry.