Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

88%
12%
Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8 reviews
on February 13, 2011
Floating on Mama's Song, by Laura Lacamara and illustrated by Yuyi Morales is a picture book about the joy of a mother's song. One day, when the music stops, everyone in Mama's world is saddened.

Lacamara tells this uplifting tale in English and Spanish. Morales' watercolor art animates the characters.

The story begins when seven-year old Anita comes home from school. As she enters her home listening to her mother's beautiful voice, she witnesses an astounding site. Dog Tito and Mama are floating. Mama's song from the opera, Carmen, acts "like a golden staircase."

Soon Grandma comes for a visit and ends this foolishness. "What would the neighbors think?" she asks. So Mama gives up song and drops into a funk.

Floating on Mama's Song bridges three generations and shows young readers how a tiny member of the family can have the opportunity to affect positive changes. I highly recommend this book for children of all ages.
on January 14, 2011
The cover was the first thing that caught my eye. I love books about mommies and their unconditional love. I could tell from the cover it was a story that would tell how awesome mommies are to their children.

I was not disappointed once I read the story. The story shows that parents also learn valuable lessons from their children.

The artwork is so touching. I love looking at those beautifully drawn faces.

This is a story I will read to my daughter over and over again.
on February 9, 2011
This is a beautiful, lyrical story that will captivate any child. The story is enchanting and magical and the illustrations are gorgeous. I have read this night after night to my nieces and nephews, in both English and Spanish and now they are learning some Spanish words and call them out as we go. I highly recommend this book for all ages.
on September 6, 2012
I love this book and the illustrations. This review is just a warning about the Kindle version. Do yourself a favor, purchase the hardcover. Personally I find most digital children's picture books awkward. This book is no exception. I think zooming in and out of the text would be far more effective. Technical note, I'm viewing this book via the Kindle App on the iPad 2.

So why did I purchase the digital version? I'm using bilingual children books to learn Spanish.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse